1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Magic Warding - Seriously...

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sarek, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

For the love of all that is holy give magic warding something in PVE, for what is lost in casting capability you gain basically zero in protection in PVE. Having taken it and dropped all magic I now find myself even more gimped than before.

Seriously misleading and punishing, like a steel toe capped kick in the squishies.

FrostII and Net like this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Is that the skill in the tactics tree? I GM'd it, only to find a lich I had difficulty with before (but could kill), could two-hit kill me. I verified it twice more. Then I unlearned it and will never go back.

3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

People say fireball from lich and dragon are counting as physical attack. I wish they could rework the magic attunment and resistance on PVE creatures.

Sarek and Aldo like this.
  4. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Yep that's the one, feels like it gives you nothing right - yet you lose all magic ability. If it's a PVP skill fine but label it as such, cannot grind all that back - not going to happen.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

People have complained for ages that magic resistance isn't working correctly but the devs just won't look into it.

Have any of you tried Fire Warding in the water tree?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Warding better work in PVE, my alt is relying on it to be useful, but I haven't really tested that part yet, as surviveability without magic is priority and difficult. Hope to get my death and fire warding/resistance up as high as possible.. can't say yet it's helped me much... yet. Tho ghosts have become easier of late.... and I defeated that Lich that gives the death book.... so maybe it IS working? Not sure how to check really....

7. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Yes tried that, shame there is no interest in fixing something which is so obviously broken - I have no interest in grinding all those skills back either. Options are therefore limited

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey guys, I can confirm to you all 2 things on this matter : 1. Wardings DO work in PvE, spells that mobs use such as lightning, chain lightning, Death Ray, Death Field, and other spells such as these that do not have to be targeted on the ground will be resisted a bit by your wardings and attunements. The thing is... 2. Mobs have this "A la Darksouls" mechanic where if their ability is avoidable (as in you can walk out of the damage area), these will usually hit for WAY harder, or deal "true damage". If you are not used to the term true damage, this is a type of damage that completly ignores all types of resistances. For these, you either have to step out of the field of damage or dodge/block them. Many spells see their damage buffed up as well due to our "Cover" mechanic, where being behind cover will allow you to reduce significantly the damage, so many spells deal extra damage, with dodge/block/cover being mechanics to avoid/reduce the damage. I remember having this same kind of conversation with Morganthys, where he had raised all his wardings to 100, along with most of his attunements, and he would still take insane damage from boss mobs like Skelrin, but what he did not notice is how I would take nearly as much damage as he did from Skelrin but I was getting hit by a regular lich mage.

All in all, they do work, but there are also other mechanics available to you that need to be used sometimes.

Barugon and Anpu like this.
  9. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

The mobs you would specifically want resistance against in the first place, you can't get resistance for.

10. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I stopped all warding because of this - all burden no benefit. I wonder if I should kill my 156 air resist ....... think it is hurting my air att? I have not experimented.

11. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

It all works fine, PvE and PvP. Yes there are downsides, thus forcing you to make choices.

Violet Ronso and Joe Zhudarak like this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

When you are saying 156 Air resist, you must mean the actual air resistance skill in the air tree right? If so, that does just that, raise your air resistance (and attunement in the process), it does not have downsides!

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Air doesn't have a resist innate. There's one that gives air stun resist, and one that gives stun effectiveness, but not a direct resist like some other magic trees.

[EDIT: Well, nevermind. I am completely wrong. :confused:]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  14. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Violet Ronso likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, derp on me. Now I'm trying to figure out if I was confusing it with another tree, or if I just somehow got thrown by that "electrical resistance" line in the description. This might be less embarrassing if I wasn't air spec...

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.