Lord British Castle Feedback

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Tirrag, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

was able to enter enter castle by clicking the enter button and by pressing E. i could not enter by double-clicking the castle.

exiting castle put me where expected.

i was playing solo with pet and not much prep. i am heavy spec/taming spec and using heavy armor/2H polearm. i really didnt have much of a challenge until 3rd round of wave 14. not sure if it was my build or how i was playing but up until the 3rd round of wave 14 not much of an issue and then bam! all of the sudden the toughness scale seemed to skyrocket. i think it was the debuffs the mages were laying on me. died twice on the 3rd round and called it at that point.

i liked the scene so far. didnt get turned around much i felt i was led pretty easily in the right direction. interesting a lot of the battles in confined areas. i think the earlier waves are decent enough to challenge parties of younger players if they want to try it. i think powerful parties are going to be a tad bored as they whiz through at least up to wave 14, round 3. will be excited to try this in a party and see how many waves there are past 14.

overall great work @Sannio :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    FrostII, Sannio, Ancev and 3 others like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming guys -- linked to the team :)

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

FrostII, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I tested getting the Recover 3 Encoded Cards quest, but did not get the the Key related quest, as I wanted to make sure I COULD find a vault key if we did not get the key quest. I was able to find one of the vault keys.

When I did find the vault key (for the first time) I should probably get the quest to turn this key back into Marisha. The undelivered letter and packages actually work this way. The first time you find an undelivered letter or undelivered package, a quest and task appear telling you what to do with these items. Again, this only happens the first time you find one of these items. I'd *assume* you would want this vault key to possibly work this way as well: (If the player does NOT have the key quest, and when they find a vault key for the first time, the quest to turn in a vault key to Marisha is given to the player).

I then went to Marisha and manually typed the word Key and then I received her Recover or use Duplicate Keys quest and task. I then turned in the key to her for a reward.

I do not know if this is a bug or not.

One sequence I cannot check is to NOT get any of the quests in here, but do the wave battles and see what you can find. I don't have a quest reset on qa for this character to test that.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Tirrag , thanks for the feedback!

I didn't even consider players would double-clicking the castle. There are so few scenes where you have to use an object on the overworld that it didn't occur to me. Thanks for going the extra mile!

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  6. Sannio

Good suggestion! Added as issue #67653

I didn't add the journal because their usage is in the same scene. For example., finding a "normal" key doesn't pop up a journal/task and can be used somewhere in the same scene. As opposed to the undelivered mail, which can only be used as a turn-in, and that turn-in happens in another scene.

Still, I see your point and it's a good one. But, I'll have to be careful how I word the journal entry. I can't make one journal entry if you have the quest and another if you don't. There will be one journal entry that will have to vaguely apply to both situations.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Piggy and I managed to get into the throne room, where we were quickly killed. I would have been killed long before then if I didn't have piggy with me, but the fact we got that far probably means you'll want to make things a bit harder. To compare, we also die in the final room of the compendium. The last few rooms here do feel harder than the last few in the compendium but maybe not enough if you are looking for a compendium for groups type of place.

I did not talk to anyone so I did not receive any quests. I also did not find any keys along the way. I am assuming they were supposed to be drops. If they were just placed in the scenes like in ulfheim I just wasn't looking for them. I think I'll hold off on getting the quest so I can test the key drop again later since I think Sannio mentioned they were supposed to drop anyway.

I really liked the feeling of going room to room through the castle. I got turned around a few times but not really in a bad way, happens in real life sometimes too. :) Not sure I like how each room had a strange assortment of creatures fighting me, I don't really know why elves, ghosts and spiders would all be together. But that is hard to avoid in a challenge dungeon maybe so not a deal breaker for me.

I found a compendium dungeon blueprint in one of the chests so I think for now the loot is the same as in the compendium. Would be nice to have something special to this scene have a chance to drop- though maybe there already is something and I just didn't get it.

Thanks for the hard work Sannio!

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  8. Sannio

Good feedback. I'll look into making some rooms harder.

The cards will drop only if you take the card quest. The keys will drop if you take either the card or keys quest. Also, this news I just found out might influence when and how often you want to do quests on the QA server...

Breaking news: Players now have unlimited quest resets on the QA server. This change is effective immediately.

The general premise for the enemy composition is...
    Obsidian Elves are invading the castle. They have spiders as companions, in a similar way that barbarians have companion wolves, bears, wyverns, etc. The ghosts and skeletons are dead castle residents or elves that are being manipulated by the elf mages.

Yes, currently the special chest loot is exactly the same as the Compendium of Pain and Suffering (plus some extra bonus loot here and there). We'll tweak it over time to make it more unique.

My pleasure! Thanks for your help in QAing the scene!

Added feedback as issue #67656

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  9. Sannio

Exciting news regarding quest resets! I mentioned the following above, but it bears repeating. Please spread the word!

Breaking news: Players now have unlimited quest resets on the QA server. This change is effective immediately.

Dollar Bill, Elgarion, Toular and 2 others like this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

OMG!!! Thank you! I can test a bunch of different sequences now. Thank you! :D

Sannio and Elgarion like this.
  11. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I souped up some taming artifacts and grouped with Elyrin Silvertree, and with piggy we made it all the way into the vault!

Thank you for having a warning about losing virtue for going into the vault, would not have done it on live but that's what QA is for!

And yes it needs to be made harder, but overall very well done!

Sannio and Anpu like this.
  12. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Hi, I just download the QA server and arrived at LB castle I can enter it and exit ok. However while inside the zone, there are no NPC, I went to the first garden with LB logo on the floor, there are no spawning circle like in COP the old one. There are no mob all door are open I can go anywhere I like.

I am not sure if this is the correct version, it auto put me in private mode when I enter (Lord British's Castle (Invasion)). I can walk straight to the throne room, all the location markers pops up. I can go down to the vault and the virtue information pops up.

The encounters are not working for me at all. SotaA.QA.Win.64.1068.Date.09.17.20.

Also my character is a few days younger on the test server.

13. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

@Gwendolyn Obscuro curious how many waves was it to the vault? just wondering how close i got solo (i made it to the receiving area) :)

14. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I just went back in and also have these issues. I am assuming it broke in the last patch yesterday.

The differences I notice from yesterday:
    The scene is now called Lord British's Castle (Invasion) but had just been called Lord British's Castle.
    NPCs and the barricades they had been standing near are all missing. Same with bodies and treasure chests.
    Doors are open and no glowing area on the spawn squares- so those are how it was after the level was completed.

I noticed yesterday that I entered in private mode even though I was set to open but forgot to mention it. Silvertree had no problems joining me though.

The character being 'younger' is expected, they refresh data from live about once a release, the last time being about 2 weeks ago I think.

I think it was 20 waves but honestly I wasn't paying so much attention to that, it was more like wow I made it to the throne room. When the current issues get resolved I'll try to make a list of rooms and number of waves.

Edit: just went back to check on SilvertreeConsortium's VOD. There are indeed 20 waves.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah the scene is broken now. Wrote a bug report.

09/18/2020 07:17
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1068.Date.09.17.20
    Area: Mistrendur_R3_LordBritishsCastle/Challenge
    Area Display Name: Lord British's Castle (Invasion)
    Loc: (-0.8, 26.5, -64.9)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SM19Mb3JkQnJpdGlzaHNDYXN0bGV8Q2hhbGxlbmdlfCgtMC43NzcsIDI2LjQ3NywgLTY0Ljg1Mil8KDAsIDAuMDY3LCAwLCAwLjk5OCl8LTAuMjQ5MjU0OHwyMC4yNzkyNnw2Ljg3MDUwOA==

Mounts work now though! ;)

16. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Mounts on other players are not visible, also if you cross gaps, you dismount and auto mount again. When you cast you mount more than once it disappear and your floating.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That’s already reported. Are you reading the bug reports? Also not sure what seeing mounts has to do with lb’s castle feedback?

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Rinaldi likes this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The social version probably should have the vault sealed and non-accessible. But it's a good idea.

Anpu likes this.
  20. Sannio

The announcements will let you know when each of 20 waves are complete. (This is the same as the Compendium of Pain and Suffering.) Wave 20 is in the throne room.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.