1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Caravaggios Wolf will not give quest/take paintings

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by thradia, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thradia

thradia Avatar

09/22/2020 22:32
    Title: Caravaggios Wolf will not give quest/take paintings
    Reproduction Rate: 100% (for my character)
    Blocker? no
    Details: Turned in the quest once. Now NPC will no longer respond. Simply says to come back tomorrow every time
    Steps to Reproduce: Speak with Carabaggios Wolf and received the message in screenshot
    [​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 8152
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 GPU RAM: 1998
    SotA.Win.64.1284.Date.09.08.20
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (74.9, 53.2, -69.1)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDc0Ljg5MiwgNTMuMjM3LCAtNjkuMTQ3KXwoMCwgLTAuNzQsIDAsIC0wLjY3Myl8OTUuMzA0MTV8OS45MzEyMDF8My4yOTkxNzE=

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

He specifically says to come back tomorrow. Are you thinking this can be completed at any time? It’s only once a day.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@thradia The paintings can only be traded to Caravaggios Wolf once each day. I bet if you went back to him the next day, he'll accept your paintings.

4. thradia

thradia Avatar

@Sannio @Anpu This is the message I get every day. I have not been able to turn in the quest for about a week and a half. I've tried to visit each day to see if it's reset, but it hasn't.

I've turned it in once when it first was put in - since then - it only gives me this message.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Sannio

@Anpu or anyone else, can anyone tell me if they are not able to do this quest once a day?

Anpu likes this.
  6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I was able to turn in the 5 paintings just now and I have done it before. I will check again tomorrow just to make sure.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

Thanks! It'll be good to know if it's a problem everyone is having or if it's only a problem with the one character.

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I was able to turn the paintings in again today, so seems to be specific to the one character.

Sannio likes this.
  9. Sannio

Thanks for the confirmation! It's very helpful. :)

10. Sannio

@thradia , I added your issue as #67716.

11. Sannio

@thradia , I logged into your character and saw you only had 4 of the 5 paintings required for the turn-in. You must have had all 5 the first time you completed the quest. This made sense to me because the response he gave suggested you were missing at least 1 painting.

I added the missing painting into your inventory and saw that you can now turn in the quest, confirming it wasn't a daily flag issue. I didn't finish the quest and left the painting in your inventory, so you can compete it and see the difference in the response.

Based on this confusion, I am going to update the NPC's responses to be more clear about what he needs from the player. This should help other players who might have experienced the same confusion you did.

Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@thradia, i had set this to resolved when your initial issue was resolved, but since sannio said he'd modify the npcs' text and that change should be in the current build, i'm setting it to fix needs testing now, just for the dialog.

thradia and Anpu like this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was able to do this quest 2 times in offline:

[9:32 AM] Caravaggios Wolf: Welcome back, Anpu. Have you brought me a full set of the five paintings I have requested? If so, I shall use my skills to determine if they are unauthorized copies.
    [9:33 AM] You receive 210 gold!
    [9:33 AM] You gained 12800 experience needed for skill development!
    [9:33 AM] You gave 5 items to Caravaggios Wolf.
    [9:33 AM] You received an item (Recall Scroll (Bound)) from Caravaggios Wolf.
    [9:33 AM] Caravaggios Wolf: Let's see... Yes, all unauthorized copies as I suspected. I'll be happy to purchase another set from you tomorrow, after I've destroyed these forgeries. Thank you so much, Anpu.

10/10/2020 09:34
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1295.Date.10.02.20
    Loc: (79.3, 53.2, -70.5)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDc5LjM0OCwgNTMuMTg3LCAtNzAuNTM0KXwoMCwgLTAuMjU1LCAwLCAwLjk2Nyl8LTE1LjI4MzN8MzMuODQyMzF8Mi41MjEwMg==

[10:02 AM] Caravaggios Wolf: Welcome back, Anpu. Have you brought me a full set of the five paintings I have requested? If so, I shall use my skills to determine if they are unauthorized copies.

[10:03 AM] You receive 210 gold!
    [10:03 AM] You gained 12800 experience needed for skill development!
    [10:03 AM] You gave 5 items to Caravaggios Wolf.
    [10:03 AM] You received an item (Recall Scroll (Bound)) from Caravaggios Wolf.
    [10:03 AM] Caravaggios Wolf: Let's see... Yes, all unauthorized copies as I suspected. I'll be happy to purchase another set from you tomorrow, after I've destroyed these forgeries. Thank you so much, Anpu.

10/11/2020 10:04
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1295.Date.10.02.20
    Loc: (77.8, 53.2, -72.7)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDc3LjgyMiwgNTMuMjM2LCAtNzIuNzMyKXwoMCwgLTAuNjQ3LCAwLCAwLjc2Myl8LTguMDMzMjU2fDI1LjAwNTU1fDEuMjkyNDUy

My understanding is that the offline uses the exact same maps and npc scripts that online does. I believe Sannio would know if that is not the case.

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the thing that got me to change this to fix needs testing was that sannio was going to add more explanatory dialog when you talk to him without all five paintings.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In build 1295 this is what he currently says, once you have been given the quest for the first time and then return and speak to him and do not have any paintings in inventory:

[12:32 PM] Caravaggios Wolf: Welcome back, Heru.
    [12:32 PM] Heru: help
    [12:32 PM] Caravaggios Wolf: Remember, Heru: each day you bring me a full set of the five paintings I have requested, I shall take them off your hands and destroy them if they are indeed unauthorized reproductions.
    [12:32 PM] Heru: painting
    [12:32 PM] Caravaggios Wolf: I deal only in authorized copies of the finest paintings the world has ever seen. The paintings on these walls are authorized copies of the ones I'm looking to obtain. With my skills, I can determine if the paintings you acquire for me are originals, authorized reproductions, or "unauthorized copies." I burn all forgeries in the alley behind this building.
    [12:33 PM] Heru: Goodbye
    [12:33 PM] Caravaggios Wolf: Be well, Heru.

[​IMG]

The task hover over text is completely detailed as well as is the journal entry.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.