1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68200] Haystacks cause pathing issues for furniture with emotes and for pets

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Belladonna Rose, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

09/23/2020 10:20
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16316
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2988
    SotA.Win.64.1284.Date.09.08.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Knight's Watch
    Area Display Name: Knight's Watch
    Loc: (11.5, 38.0, 187.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxLbmlnaHQncyBXYXRjaHwoMTEuNDU1LCAzNy45OTcsIDE4Ny41MDEpfCgwLCAtMC40ODMsIDAsIDAuODc2KXwtMTU5LjI0OTl8MzAuMTI3N3wxLjI1

Placed out two npc pets and they dont rez where i put them . Put them on patrol but they dont move...just stay stuck on the property line

2. Montello

Montello Avatar

I can verify this . . . I have 4 pets on patrol that keep getting stuck in 4 specific spots (1 spot for each). If I pick them up and put them back down, they will spawn in that stuck spot even in "stay" mode. Duke Benefactor on City Lot

My daughter's Wood and Plaster Inn pets seem to be working fine on patrol . . . moving without getting stuck.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

i had two outside and one inside and they all three were outside i went to move them and then they got stuck. Also in another town my pets went crazy as well and had to go hunt them down on the edge of the property line.

4. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

11/02/2020 00:28
    Title: Lord Benefactor (Town) house and plot issues.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Multiple items so going to number them.
    1. Standing inside the house on the main floor facing the front door there is a small hidden room to the right. The window straight ahead, facing in to the room has a glitch (flickering black/brown "sploosh") in the upper part where the window meets the wall. Looked at other houses of the same type in Brit Estates and they have the same issue.

2. Bathtubs and Beds do not work correctly. Both send the player walking off in the opposite direction in the house until they hit a wall and then get a message that the target is out of range. (Current placement of tub is in a small alcove so I know it wont work correctly here but this even happens with the tub or bed placed in the middle of the largest rooms on multiple floors)

3. Pets placed on the lot outside teleport all over the place as soon as they are set down, then become stuck. Placing a pet out front near the house will move the pets to the forward most property line. Pets placed at the back of the lot will teleport to the back right(facing) corner of the house partially in the wall.

4. (May be related to number 3) Pets placed inside will either teleport to the next floor above where they are placed or to another room.

5. Pallas's Cat also did not display it's name overhead when placed so could not get a menu popup that allows for setting the behavior state i.e; stay, dance, teleport, patrol etc.

For items 3 and 4 a Foal, Baby Black and Orange Spider, Turkey and Pallas's Cat were tested.

EDIT to add:
    I placed a bathtub outside in the yard and used it. My char went walking off in the opposite direction from the tub about 6 steps then rubberbanded back across the yard in a seated position and went through the end of the tub to sit inside.

Steps to Reproduce: As listed above
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 16381
    GPU: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics GPU RAM: 2027
    SotA.Win.64.1301.Date.10.31.20
    Area: PRT_forest_metropolis_01/Taenby Landing
    Area Display Name: Taenby Landing
    Loc: (-7.1, 39.8, -115.2)
    Debug: UFJUX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxfFRhZW5ieSBMYW5kaW5nfCgtNy4xNDUsIDM5LjgxNCwgLTExNS4yMTMpfCgwLCAwLjk4OCwgMCwgMC4xNTQpfC01NTcuNzYzMXwxMS41NTUyOXwzLjQxOTI2OA==

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  5. Belladonna Rose

Pets still spawning in corners of lots. Back corners. I have taken up all deco where i spawn and they still go to corners and wont patrol.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Belladonna Rose, the lot at that location is your wizard tower. there are no pets placed on that lot; i checked the deco palette.

7. Belladonna Rose

Yes i pulled them all up. Just saying that when i do put one out it goes into the corners.

8. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

After doing some more testing on this we were able to clear up some of the issues. It appears that the Large Hay Stack breaks the property. No matter where it is placed on the Lot bathtubs, beds and pets all become inop.

We tried placing the Large Hay Stack in about 15 different locations around the property, testing the tubs, beds and pets in between. As long as the Large Hay Stack was not placed everything worked fine.

Item number 1 above is still an issue visually.

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  9. Alley Oop

@MelloSteg just discovered that their large haystack was causing problems with pathing for both pets and for avatars trying to use things like beds and bathtubs on their property. please try picking up your large haystack and see if that fixes the problem, or the other hay-related decos if it is not that one, and let us know which it is.

10. Alley Oop

confirmed. placed a large haystack on my lot, left the scene and came back, noticed the pets were stuck in odd places even if i use the teleport in the right click menu and that whenever i tried to sit in a chair i teleported to it rather than pathing to it.

Area: Stinging Tree Hollow (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow) Loc: (153.588, 44.541, -0.954) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCgxNTMuNTg4LCA0NC41NDEsIC0wLjk1NCl8KDAsIDAuNzU5LCAwLCAwLjY1Mil8LTE2My42MjcyfDQ1LjcwNzg3fDcuOTY3ODk1

Anpu and MelloSteg like this.
  11. Alley Oop

Belladonna Rose
    Today at 12:23 PM
    Okey Dokey. Process of elimination results in the large and small hay stacks cause pets to go to edge of lot . Doesnt matter if standing still or patroling they go immeditately to the edge
    So....no hay stacks in my yard. Drying rack, wagon cart and leaf piles seem fine

Anpu likes this.
  12. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68200

13. Sayge Raine

Sayge Raine Bug Hunter

05/28/2021 22:32
    Title: Large and Small Hay Stacks cause placed animal pets to teleport off the lot.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Place large and/or small Hay Stack and then place a pet on the lot. It will teleport off (outside the lot boundaries). This does not seem to affect Conversationalist pets all though they will only stand in one place and not roam. Used Reindeer, foal, baby llama and Conversationalist, Male 4 pets for testing this.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 4075
    SotA.Win.64.1388.Date.05.27.21
    Area: PRT_forest_metropolis_01/Taenby Landing
    Area Display Name: Taenby Landing
    Loc: (-34.3, 37.0, -116.3)
    Debug: UFJUX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxfFRhZW5ieSBMYW5kaW5nfCgtMzQuMjc0LCAzNywgLTExNi4zMDYpfCgwLCAwLjUyMywgMCwgLTAuODUyKXwzMDIuMTc3fDIwLjczNTQ4fDIuNDUwOTk=

Note: this was a bug submitted back in Sept 2020. Not sure if this is related or something new so posting here.

14. Sayge Raine

Sayge Raine Bug Hunter

After even more testing and messing around with this new lot we just got I have some more info. It appears that in addition to the hay stacks; if I place or move anything after the pets are placed on the lot it also causes them to teleport off the property. Not sure if it matters or could help to narrow this down but they always teleport directly East of where they were originally placed. If I stay on the property I can target them on the lot next door and teleport them back over.

15. Alley Oop

fix possibly needs testing

Patch Notes
    Build Number 1390 – June 6th, 6:00AM
    • Collision on the Haystack deco has been fixed to allow proper placement

16. Alley Oop

i tested this with large haystack and it seems fine, but i do not have a small one to test.

17. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

The small Haystack appears to be fixed as well.

But the Hay Drying Rack is still breaking the property. Once placed all pets and conversationalists teleport off the property to the East.

Alley Oop likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

that was not part of this bug, as belladonna rose had narrowed it down to just the large and small stacks and specifically said the rack was fine. put in a new bug for it please? i'll verify as soon as i can get a dev to poof one.

19. Sayge Raine

Sayge Raine Bug Hunter

New post created.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.