Phoenix is a PITA... Jira fix it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bridge Troll, Sep 23, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

If you want to help new folks kill the Phoenix, it can be fun and gets them a taste of the big mobs and group cooperation, it is a good and important fight... the FIRST time.

If I want to help a group get past the Phoenix I have to commit to staying and helping up to ELEVEN times, killing a beast that has to die twice to get the quest loot. That is TWQENTY-TWO times we have to do the same battle. Oh! and the joy of hoping that said newb can actually skin to get his or her reward is a real charm too...

Please instruct Jira to review the Phoenix fight to find a proper way to distribute the quest item to all that participated, without skinning.

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Agree. Phoenix is a pretty cool fight, but very tedious to do many times. Should just give the quest flag for killing it to everyone in the group, especially considering that a pretty high percentage of people need help with it the first time that they do it.

Boss skinning in general could also probably do with another look at some point. There are lots of bosses now that are with a bunch of other mobs, including other bosses, and if you don't have someone to loot for you, you have to run around like a fool trying to get a critical over and over to get your loot before it rots. Imo if you kill a boss, getting the loot from it should be trivial. Not really sure the best remedy, but maybe just making bosses skin time super fast would be the simplest way.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'd prefer they make them take longer to decay, period .

4. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

The Phoenix is awesome the way it current is. I spent 3 months preparing my Avatar with proper skill and training to defeat the beast solo. Why change it, it's epic.

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.