1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Resubmitted 67613 and 67728] Cannot lie down in bed

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Briarmoon, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Briarmoon

Briarmoon Avatar

1. Title: Cannot lie in player made bed in house
    2. Reproducible? yes
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: player made bed, placed by me. When bed is clicked, character walks thru bed and continues to walk into wall.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: click on bed
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

Aeryk likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Briarmoon, this is not enough information. which bed did you craft? where in game is it?

if you run the command /bug in game, it will generate the template you made a start on filling out with a lot more information, including your system specs and your exact location in game. it will put it on your clipboard, ready to paste. please paste it into this thread.

Aeryk likes this.
  3. Briarmoon

Briarmoon Avatar

09/02/2020 17:51
    Title: Cannot lie in bed (Specs included) - there are three beds in this house an it occurs on all of them. 2 purchased, 1 crafted
    Reproduction Rate: consistent
    Blocker? nope
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: double click on bed
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz (6) System RAM: 8108
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1282.Date.09.02.20
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Diamond Fields
    Area Display Name: Diamond Fields
    Loc: (-138.6, 96.7, -74.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERpYW1vbmQgRmllbGRzfCgtMTM4LjYxOCwgOTYuNzE3LCAtNzQuNTc0KXwoMCwgLTAuODYzLCAwLCAwLjUwNSl8MjM3LjQxMDh8MTguMzc3NHwyLjIx

Aeryk likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified. i see three beds on the lot. they are all deco vendor purchases, two of this one
    [​IMG]

and one of this one.
    [​IMG]

all three have pathing room on both sides. i cannot lay down in any of them.

(side note: name differentiation requested for beds)

[​IMG]

Aeryk likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #67613

Aeryk likes this.
  6. Briarmoon

Briarmoon Avatar

Hi, it's me again.
    09/21/2020 20:56
    Title: Still Can't lie on different bed (Elven Bed)
    Reproduction Rate: Yes - every time
    Blocker? N
    Details: We changed our house type but not our lot and bed type and STILL cannot lie on our beds. We just walk thru them. Added cannot sit in our wooden bathtub now either. Sorry to be a problem!
    Steps to Reproduce: click on bed/tub
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz (6) System RAM: 8108
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1284.Date.09.08.20
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Diamond Fields
    Area Display Name: Diamond Fields
    Loc: (-132.6, 94.8, -70.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERpYW1vbmQgRmllbGRzfCgtMTMyLjYzOCwgOTQuNzUyLCAtNzAuNjY2KXwoMCwgMC4yODMsIDAsIDAuOTU5KXwtMzY3LjI3MzZ8MjguODEwNjl8NC4zNjk5OTY=

Aeryk likes this.
  7. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

09/24/2020 13:42
    Title: Pathfinding to bed is taking a wider route than it used to.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Link to short animation demonstrating issue attached.
    Steps to Reproduce: Double click on bed.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 16308
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1289.Date.09.23.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Norstead
    Area Display Name: Norstead
    Loc: (-422.8, 49.6, 98.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vcnN0ZWFkfCgtNDIyLjg0LCA0OS42NCwgOTguNzI5KXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgMCl8NTA5LjcyMDR8NDMuMjIyNzR8NS44ODgzNTc=

https://i.gyazo.com/e5cc126c9ed6ed81c078bcb74dbef382.mp4

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. Sannio

Before I answer the questions about the beds and bathtub, I need to explain a bit about path grids (which we also sometimes call the navmesh).

When you interact with a bed, bathtub, chair, etc., the computer takes control and moves you along an invisible path grid. (The same one used by NPCs to move around). If the path grid is blocked, the character can't get to the destination. Sometimes the character gives up, but other times they keep trying and walk all over the place trying to get to their target on the path grid. Usually, these issues can be fixed by rotating the decoration and/or clearing the space next to where the character tries to access it.

Every scene has its own permanent path grid. Houses and player lots have special path grids that link up to the main grid at key points on the edge of the lot/house. If those points are blocked or somehow inaccessible, characters will have lots of trouble navigating in the area.

@Briarmoon, my feeling is that both beds are too big for the room. On the window sides of both beds, the space between the wall and the bed is too thin and the path grid is probably blocked. Sometimes you can troubleshoot these types of problems by standing right on the bed's "access target" but even that didn't work for me. My character kept walking into the wall.

On the door sides of both beds, something extra is going on. Every door has a special volume in the doorway that will block characters from walking through the closed door and probably overlaps with the path characters require to get to the access target. One bed is probably too close to the volume of an obvious door and the other is too close to the volume of a concealed door.

Here are two images to help you understand how characters move around. In both, you can see my Sannio character in his hospital gown because I really put him through the wringer. He starts at #1, follows the green line on the path grid (#2) and ends up at the access target (#3) to finally get to sleep. See how the path can get a little crazy, even when there's nothing in the vicinity?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My guess is that your "green line" area is blocked. It's possible you could tweak the position of the bed to get one side working but I doubt you'll ever get both sides working. My recommendation is to replace them with smaller beds.

The bath tub is a similar problem. The access target and the path to get there is completely blocked. As you sit in the bathtub, the interactive target is on the left side. In your house, that entry point is nestled in a triangle flanked by the bathtub, the wall, and a privacy blocker. Characters will never be able to use the bathtub with that configuration.

Here's an image of how characters try to get into a bathtub. Start at #1, walk along #2, access target is at #3.

[​IMG]

Removing the privacy blocker might help, but the door is right there which might continue blocking the access target. I think you can keep the bathtub in this room, as long as you have the left side facing the center of the room and keep the space on that side clear of anything that can block access.

@Aeryk, I think you've got the same problem as Briarmoon. Like with the bathtub discussed above, I think you can shift the location of the bed and it should work.

Here's an image of how characters try to get into the bed you're using. Start at #1, walk along #2, access target is at #3.

[​IMG]

I bet you could nudge your bed closer to the wall for it to work. Move it to the wall under the mounted head (you'll have to move the pottery out of the way), and I bet it starts working.

Aeryk and Anpu like this.
  9. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

@Sannio Sorry for the ping, but also thank you so much for the detailed explanation! I'll move things around a bit, but just letting you know, unless the mesh is somehow using the 1st floor, nothing changed in that room that i'm aware of. Just one patch and the character was no longer able to path to the bed. It was not so large an issue i wanted to bother you guys with it, but when i saw the post i thought to verify and see if i still saw the same problem.

Cheers and thanks so much for all the work you all put in!

Anpu likes this.
  10. Sannio

It's also possible that a programming change may have altered the way characters move to bed and such. I certainly won't discount it. That would need a conversation with a programmer to figure out if something's wrong and beyond my expertise.

Aeryk and Anpu like this.
  11. Briarmoon

Briarmoon Avatar

@Sannio - Thank you for your explanation. In the row home we had in that spot, the beds were purchased from the vendor in town (the smaller, standard version - see above) and they worked for a while then just stopped working. We switched house types and added the elven beds and, they worked immediately! YAY, but then, boo, they stopped with in 24 hours. I was so happy to be able to lie on my bed! I can certainly change the orientation of the bed, or perhaps try the smaller bed again. The bath tub, when I initially placed it, was on the third floor, in an open room with nothing hindering it. I have moved it to other locations with no luck. It is so frustrating since when it was initially placed, it worked!

12. Briarmoon

Briarmoon Avatar

@Sannio - Just tried moving the beds around and swapping with the smaller bed. I even took a single bed (red pillow) and put it on the third floor with NOTHING around and it results in the same crouched walk into the walls! LOL so, no dice. I never even realized you could get in on both sides! One side would work for me, but it's ok, I will just work around it for now. We laugh that our plot is just cursed for beds!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  13. Sannio

@Briarmoon and @Aeryk , I put in a new bug for your specific issues. Issue #67728

Aeryk likes this.
  14. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

Looks like this received attention! So far both sides of the bed i had issues with work on Live build SotA.Win.64.1295.Date.10.02.20 and QA build SotA.QA.Win.64.1082.10.05.20 -- thank you @team!

Anpu likes this.
  15. Briarmoon

Briarmoon Avatar

Mine still does not appear to be working correctly. Just tried. Same deal. I actually walk AWAY from my bed now, even when I took it upstairs, free from any walls.... LOL I am seriously wondering if there is an issue with our lot.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Aeryk likes this.
  16. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

@Briarmoon So sorry to hear. I'll keep watching the issue in the Test Environment too then.