Hello Everybody!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by nerdman, Sep 24, 2020.

?

Do you like to play Shroud of Avatar?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerdman

nerdman Avatar

Hi! I just created forum account while downloading the game. I dont know much of the game but it seems fun so i will try it out. Take care everybody and have fun and enjoy!
    Sincerely,
    Nerdman

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome!

3. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Welcome!

It is fun.

4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Welcome :)

Ya, it is a real fun game with a great community.

If you end up looking for a guild to join, feel free to check us out Beran's Reach north of Central Brittany. Currently 3 guilds, including ours, operating out of one of the biggest player-owned cities in the game.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  5. nerdman

nerdman Avatar

Hi all!

Thank you for your kind words.

Sorgin Txakal: I am currently learning in single player but when feeling confident enough my character Heikki Plantmeteor will come to see you at Berans Reach! Sounds great.

Sincerely,
    Nerdman

BTW: i played all day and enjoyed much :) It took a while to learn basics, its little bit different from other games i have played. Anyways, i like it. When my character have done everything in the Solara (first area where are zombies, wolves and cultists) area he will head to explore main land. He goes with moon magic, bludgeon, shield and light armor. Stealthy, cunning and trustworthy adventurer.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @nerdman . Also in case you don't know you can do outskirt quests and get a free lot deed usabble in all pots. Anyway we have universal chat so don't be too afraid to venture on out of single player. That's a lot of hours you could be building your character to play with others or even solo. As mentioned this is a very helpful community. I understand some want to play solo when they want to solo but at least you'll have more options. We have looking for group alt f, and teleport to zone scrolls, and other players can trade many of their recipes and emotes with you. Also the 2 deeds you get from questing have to go in player owned towns (POTS) and there are many to choose from depending on how you like to play. Some are guild towns, some are market towns that require you to have an active vendor, some are role playing towns that require role playing, some are deco specific as well, but many are just come as you are and enjoy the ammenities. Most player towns will have crafting pavilions set up, devotional pools that give long buffs, and more. I am Steward Manager of a town called Wizards Rest for example there is no deco rules or other and is a come as you are and be social or solo with no worries. We also have a music system that allows for playing of instruments. You can group play or solo play. Sheet music can be bought from vendors located throughout the lands or abc files can be converted to add to your own crafted sheet music. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Time Lord likes this.
  7. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi and welcome!

I hope you have fun for a loooong time!

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  8. nerdman

nerdman Avatar

Thank you for your kind words! I visited Barans Reach and i will go visit Wizards Rest as well. There was lots of sieges going on. How can i speak globally ingame?
    Sincerely,
    Nerdman

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In the chat window, type /u

That will put you in the universal chat.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome!

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also @nerdman you can drag out other chat windows and modify them and resize them. Look at the blue gear to check and uncheck options. Just drag a tab of the chat window out. I actually have 4 small chat windows out. One for universe chat /u, one for the trade window to advertise for sale items /t, and I have a regular combat and misc window, and lastly a dedicated window for whispers, zone chat /z, guild chat /g, and local chat /l.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

The Solace Bridge Outskirts beginning quest can be finished in well under an hour for you to get the free player owned town Row Lot deed. Taxes are 250g a day but you can talk to the Oracle every day and get 500g.

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Hey @nerdman nice to meet you! Some tips for you: use the map at www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map to help you learn your way around. Get or make scrolls for teleport to friend, teleport to zone, and recall home to help you travel around faster. They usually vendor for 150 gold a piece. Or you can make them yourself for about 150 gold each if you buy the reagents you need at a npc vendor.

You can play solo and get along nicely, but you can gain more experience in a party so you might want to make a few friends to have a hunting party.

You can gain experience and gold doing quests. There are a ton of references on the internet. You can search youtube for details about the quest system if you get stuck on a quest. Search for sota quests. Or, if you want to be specific, search for sota love quest, sota shroud of the avatar quest etc.

Good luck you you nerdman!

If you need any help or advice I am Kelly O'Shay in the game.

vulcanjedi and Sean Silverfoot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.