[Feedback] Very slow deco load at location

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Xee, Sep 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

09/26/2020 10:55
    Title: Very slow deco load at location
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Very slow deco load at location. It has a lot of deco but takes almost 1min to load for some if not more. high end machine loads in about 45-50 seconds.
    Steps to Reproduce: goto debug location
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 40761
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1289.Date.09.23.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Silverdale Market
    Area Display Name: Silverdale Market
    Loc: (-165.3, 75.0, 245.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxTaWx2ZXJkYWxlIE1hcmtldHwoLTE2NS4yNjIsIDc1LjAzLCAyNDUuMzE3KXwoMCwgMC43MTQsIDAsIC0wLjcpfDI2OS4wMjI2fDUuMTk2M3w2Ljc4MzIzMg==

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Is this still an issue? If so, is it the 1st scene you are entering after starting the game client (hitting resume)? That 1st scene load always takes the longest for me. Try setting your recall point to that lot, and then launching the game, load into another scene or the overworld, and then recall - and see if it's faster?

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

its my house lol. its always slow to load. even if I load there and run into town and come back It has to reload again. most likely because its fully deco.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Gotcha.. I would say it's probably not really a bug but more related to the ongoing performance improvements that the devs are working towards.

If memory serves, recalling to the lot preloads all the deco prior to giving control to the player.. and I believe there is similar behavior when logging in directly on to a lot - as opposed to just approaching the lot, where you will see the deco load in.

So in theory, you'll have a faster scene load if you enter the scene from the map as opposed to recalling to the lot, or logging in and spawning on the lot itself.

I don't think this is as much a bug but more of an improvement request - so I'll move this thread to feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.