1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Deco Flip - re-assigning a new key-bind breaks deco flip

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Rinaldi, Sep 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

09/26/2020 17:09
    Title: Deco Flip - re-assigning a new key-bind breaks deco flip
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: if you assign a new key-bind to deco flip, then decorations can no longer be flipped. I tried multiple attempts to bind different keys and key combinations and none worked (also, it does not matter which key-bind column I used in the "control" settings, flipping still did not work). I could not flip any deco that were previously flip-able. Relog did not help.
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1290.Date.09.25.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Jade Valley
    Area Display Name: Jade Valley
    Loc: (57.5, 38.0, 209.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEphZGUgVmFsbGV5fCg1Ny41MDQsIDM3Ljk5NywgMjA5LjEyOSl8KDAsIDAuMTQ2LCAwLCAtMC45ODkpfC0zMDE2LjY1MXwzOC43NTQ5NXw2LjkwNDQyNg==

Anpu likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Rinaldi, "rotate on the other axis", that people often call flip, is still tied to the "start glyph combo" keybind and needs to be set to the default "r". "deco flip" is really "deco mirror reverse" and there is little/none set up to use it yet.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

Once upon a time, "r" worked to manipulate a deco object axis. Today, it does not work. Please fix. I want some of my deco objects to "stand up" on axis vs. laying on the ground.

4. Alley Oop

r will work for deco rotate if the "start glyph combo" keybind is set to r (and the object is flagged to allow that rotation).

5. Alley Oop

okay guys, i know the "no commentary in bug threads" rule is not always strictly enforced, but this is getting to be a LOT of commentary. deleting, and addressing each privately.

this is the info on what "deco flip" does, which, as i stated above, is currently not much:

@Rinaldi, does setting "start glyph combo" back to r and using r to vertically rotate the things you were trying to resolve your initial issue?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Yes, assigning a key-bind to "start glyph combo" allows me to flip the deco.

However, "start glyph combo" has nothing to do with deco. Using "start glyph combo" for deco may be a reasonable temporary work-around, but it is not an acceptable long-term "fix" (and being present for over 2 years qualifies for long-term). So, this should be fixed. If I need to create a new bug report for this specific issue, then I will. This is still a problem that needs to be fixed.

Certainly there are terms that will be far more intuitive, for example:
    1) rotate
    2) Flip onto end/side
    3) Flip left/right (mirror)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.