1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68713] Performance issues still there for RTX cards

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Saevio Vehemens, May 28, 2020.

1. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

see below

05/28/2020 13:32
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 130978
    GPU: NVIDIA TITAN RTX GPU RAM: 24152
    SotA.Win.64.1221.Date.05.27.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (126.1, 38.0, 267.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vdmlhIE1hcmtldHwoMTI2LjA4NywgMzguMDMxLCAyNjcuMzY0KXwoMCwgMC43MDksIDAsIDAuNzA2KXwxMDUuNzQyOHw2LjEwMDc0NHwxLjI1

2. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

Todays patch still a problem

Araminis Darkblade likes this.
  3. Araminis Darkblade

Araminis Darkblade Avatar

Same here, really bad when decoing or going multiple zones

4. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

Still a problem in the 5/31/2020 build.

Araminis Darkblade likes this.
  5. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

Still there in 1229. Reproduced this time on fastest, no shadows, low reflections, camera effects disabled, lod to low, fov to low

Xee likes this.
  6. Araminis Darkblade

Its been even worse past few days for me, even adventure zones start lagging, have reload game every 10-15 min a lot of times, its not just dips it goes below 5 FPS and stays there until re-log. POTs are the worst and if you look up at sky or sometimes dif direction can stop lag long enough to get a screen to exit game. Its really really bad guys.

7. Araminis Darkblade

Still very bad lag after 10-20min, at 5:09 after teleport you see lag get even worse and it gets worse and worse till relog, sometimes so bad have to force close game. I have tried with all overlays off, all background programs stopped, all settings to low all to high nothing fixes it. Also, always seems worse once it starts raining in game.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

For me Serpent's Spine Mine was always a place where RTX framerate would just plummet as soon as I rode the elevator down. Serpent's Spine Mine a few releases before was just unplayable on this compy. /debug still shows a lot of warnings such as:

No mesh data available for mesh sota_Destructible_Crate_Destroyed_part01 on particle system BrokenWood. Make sure Read/Write Enabled is set in the importer to work on the particle system renderer

Message: DOTWEEN :: An error inside a tween callback was silently taken care of >

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Behaviour.set_enabled(UnityEngine.Behaviour,bool)
    at PlayerController.<DisableGrounding>b__220_2 () [0x00012] in <5d710662c6914355a3824611bf06c5af>:0
    at DG.Tweening.Tween.OnTweenCallback (DG.Tweening.TweenCallback callback) [0x00007] in <21a2847e5446477d91e6fb1152caa276>:0

Message: The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!

Message: The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'WaterWaveDistortionCollision3') is missing!

Message: Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 0.000000, 4000.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)

---------------------

However framerate is working well on 1233 highest quality with a fresh client. Frustrum errors occurred near mushrooms.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 65463
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GPU RAM: 11049
    SotA.Win.64.1233.Date.06.11.20
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMines
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Spine Mines
    Loc: (-105.5, 52.3, -28.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfSGlsbHMwMV9TZXJwZW50c1NwaW5lTWluZXN8fCgtMTA1LjQ2OCwgNTIuMzM5LCAtMjguMjQ1KXwoMCwgMC4zNjEsIDAsIDAuOTMzKXwxNDg3LjIxNnwyMC42NTc5MXw0LjAyMTY0MQ==

But yeah, as people are saying, after a while of playing, my framerate can plummet and stay in the 10s after a while. Funny thing is looking up or down causes frame rate to jump back up for me when the issue occurs.
    Running with occulting on, load time baking, etc.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Anpu and Araminis Darkblade like this.
  9. Araminis Darkblade

Same issue can look up and down and make it jump

10. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I have a pitiful 2070 Super compared to you guys. But the issue is real. 1-10 FPS in POTs, major degradation after a few zone changes. Issue was even happening on Novia.

I have found some measure of success by making my ChatLog directory impossible to write to. This behavior seems like garbage collection going CRAZY.

11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Its the interface that is causing the issue. turning interface off nets crazy performance. I also noticed a pause that is every 6 seconds which I think is either a drive write or a memory flush. @Chris If they can figure out what is causing the interface to bog down the game and we get the performance that is seen with no interface F11 default key it would play almost like an action mmo.

Vermasis Echo likes this.
  12. Vermasis Echo

Vermasis Echo Avatar

@Xee Yo I noticed the 6 second pause like a month ago and thought it was just my PC. The game has been literally unplayable the past few weeks and has since become a giant chat room. I am running an Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 and the fps plummets after about 10-15 mins. The every 6 second skip is really REALLY annoying and honestly has gotten me killed a good number of times. Again, thought it was just my computer but I am glad to hear that this problem is not something I am just experiencing on my end. I agree with @Xee, the one main reason my friends have turned this game down is because they always say it just feels clunky. If @Chris can figure out what is going on with the interface, the game would legit feel like a modern old school MMORPG. I love this game and this community but I gotta say, the graphics choppiness and FPS drops are what make this game feel like it's still in development. The game would play like much more like an action MMO if the game always ran smooth everywhere.

One can only dream though =/

Anpu likes this.
  13. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

09/16/2020 23:44
    Title: Elad's Light House Dismal FPS
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Elad's lighthouse has a persistent FPS drop issue.
    Steps to Reproduce: Zone into the central docks, head to the town center and continue to head to the edge of town or visit Titania Xylia's lots listed on the town crier. That should show the frame rate issue. The debug console does not show any errors FWIW.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 130966
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GPU RAM: 8010
    SotA.Win.64.1284.Date.09.08.20
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonTown_5Floor
    Area Display Name: Town Stone 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (19.2, 5.0, 13.2)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25Ub3duXzVGbG9vcnx8KDE5LjE5OCwgNS4wMDgsIDEzLjE3OCl8KDAsIC0wLjAxNiwgMCwgLTEpfDEuODE0MTc2fDMyLjIwMDQyfDUuOTUwMDQ3

Clipped a video to demonstrate the issue: https://www.twitch.tv/iwacko/clip/U...shBigBrother?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

I clipped this from iWacko's stream an his specs are:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 32681
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.1284.Date.09.08.20
    Area: PlayerDungeon_BrownMarbleFoyer_3Connections
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (-1.4, 0.0, -1.4)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9Ccm93bk1hcmJsZUZveWVyXzNDb25uZWN0aW9uc3x8KC0xLjM3NywgMC4wMTEsIC0xLjQzMil8KDAsIDAuMDI3LCAwLCAxKXwtNDYuNTA0MjJ8MTMuNzI2MXwxOA==

14. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

The issues with RTX cards appears to be triggered when running most any Unity created program. The below link goes to a thread where Unity developers are discussing the issues with Unity directly.

Unity is recommending to try (in addition to the standard update drivers etc) ... the following steps:

Turn off Image Sharpening:
    1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, and click on Manage 3D settings.
    2. Scroll down the Global Settings tab to Image Sharpening.
    3. Select the "Off" option

https://forum.unity.com/threads/uni...-extreme-cases-crashing-the-entire-pc.965357/

I do not have a 20 series card atm, so I have not experienced this issue and do not have the ability to troubleshoot it. I'll prolly look to get a 30 series card sometime in the next few months once I have heard the feedback on it's performance and if it is also affected in this way.

If the above workaround has any impact, please let us know!

Anpu likes this.
  15. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I have to confirm that I still get the issue with the Image Sharpening turned off -> so no visible impact.

I now even own an RTX 3090 and today my FPS did drop down from 40 to 4 FPS in ERG (the card can handle more, the restriction to 40 seems to be network related)
    That drop happens after some time, scene changes increase the likelyhood, a relog every 1h usually prevents it.
    Removing the GUI (F9) helps a lot (up to +20 FPS), which is very strange as the GUI seems to be plain 2D which should have no impact on performance.

Note: after a relog at the south entrance of ERG I get 80 FPS with GUI and 90 without. That alone indicates a major issue for me.

Scanphor likes this.
  16. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Can confirm I have desktop PCs with a 2080 (soon to be a 3080 :D), another with a 1660Ti and a laptop with a 1660Ti (which makes me think its not RTX as such more any Turing (or later?) card) and they all have the same as reported by StarLord above - sharpening does nothing but UI off does. Seems to happen mostly after going in and out of several zones. I have noticed that turning the UI off for a bit then turning it back on seems to clear the issue for a while

StarLord likes this.
  17. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Is this still an issue?

18. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Has there been a fix applied? Haven't played much in the last few weeks since posting here but haven't seen any mention of a fix.

19. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Yes still an issue. happens after visiting many zones and or sitting in a heavy deco POT for long periods.

Saevio Vehemens and Echondas like this.
  20. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Thread is marked [Needs More Info]. What info is needed?