1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67836] Robert Villines - Travel to Blood River - stuck quest

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Echondas, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

10/05/2020 20:55
    Title: Robert Villines - Travel to Blood River
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? No
    Details: Robert Villines "travel to blood river" quest is stuck. When I talk to him, he says:

[10/5/2020 8:56:34 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...
    [10/5/2020 8:56:34 PM]
    [10/5/2020 8:56:38 PM] Echondas: help
    [10/5/2020 8:56:38 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...
    [10/5/2020 8:56:38 PM]
    [10/5/2020 8:56:39 PM] Echondas: quest
    [10/5/2020 8:56:40 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...
    [10/5/2020 8:56:40 PM]
    [10/5/2020 8:56:41 PM] Echondas: bye
    [10/5/2020 8:56:42 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...
    [10/5/2020 8:56:42 PM]
    [10/5/2020 8:56:43 PM] Echondas: bye
    [10/5/2020 8:56:44 PM] Robert Villines: Thank you for following up on what has happened here. I will continue to work with the elves who remain in Vertas so that they may one day return to their homes. I am quite busy at the moment, so good day to you...
    [10/5/2020 8:56:44 PM]

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1295.Date.10.02.20
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest01_Bloodriver_After
    Area Display Name: Blood River
    Loc: (-119.1, 58.2, -33.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDFfQmxvb2RyaXZlcl9BZnRlcnx8KC0xMTkuMTI3LCA1OC4xOTIsIC0zMy43NjEpfCgwLCAwLjk5OCwgMCwgMC4wNTUpfDE4MS4zMTg5fDQwLjM3OTd8NC41Mjk0OTQ=

[​IMG]

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Echondas, see if it clears after you leave the scene.

3. Echondas

I entered the scene because I saw the quest indicator on the Compass. I just exited the scene and am still seeing it on the Overworld compass.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

6. Echondas

@Anpu Nice find - the NPC name wasn't in there ,so when I searched it didn't come up.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

After you complete the path of truth storyline, this is all Robert Villnes will say to you.

This "single response" technique is something Lum/Scott did sometimes, so it's intentional and not a bug. He would sometimes put in a conversation blocker like this because it was a quick, clean way of keeping players from accessing any number of quest-specific responses that had complicated quest logic.

That being said, I'm not a fan of blocking all the interesting conversation bits one might have. I'll take a peek and see how safe it is to remove the single response "block." My preference is to allow the player to have a normal conversation with Mr. Villnes, but I can't make any promises.

Added as issue #67836

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Sannio what he is reporting is a stuck blue marker NOT A STUCK QUEST.

He doesn’t actually have the quest in his journal. Just a stuck blue marker.

For whatever completely bizarre reason, people continue to think a stuck blue marker is a broken quest. And then they report them as a broken quest.

I think all the reports concerning this are all stuck blue markers.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Echondas likes this.
  9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

AH, thanks. I was focusing on the repetitive dialogue. I'll make sure to look into the compass marker issue.

Echondas and Anpu like this.
  10. Echondas

11. Toular

Toular Avatar

It's also the blue sparkles over Robert Villines.

I have this lingering Blood River marker. Robert waves and has sparkles but all he says is:"Thank you for following up ..."

I *think* the sparkles went away at one time, but then reappeared at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.