Chris chat with Lancell Lancermane on Twitch 09/30/2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfred, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    Chris had a good chat with @Lancell Lancermane on Twitch.

They brought up lots of good ideas, including some interesting new boss fight ideas.

Chris joined at about 00:27:15

ODE/TLF Happy Hour 9/30/2020 ..... We have Atos Joining us for Happy Hour!!!!
    lancell_lancermane
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/756777615

----------

FrostII, Elrond and Trade Wind like this.
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

We haven't really had a lack of ideas, such as with how to rework the food system. Most aren't acknowledged, let alone acted upon. The rest are a mix of bad and so-so ideas, that are implemented.

3. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Where can we submit questions for your next stream?

Also if I may add, can you keep a list of the questions you have asked and mark them as they are implemented or not. Then in a couple of months review those questions again so we can see how things are progressing please?

The question of daily/weekly/monthly/yearly loot or so. It would be nice if we can get detailed information these. As someone mentions on your stream a login server side message would be nice to notify players of these things.

One last thing which I think the game has recently done well. Chris has added a new Artifact to the T15/16 Liches to drop a specific loot. This type of feature is an excellent idea in my mind. It would be nice to take those loot bundle bag specific Artifact drop to actual new boss created in game so players can have some sort of goals to go after. You know, a player may say I want to get this specific Artifact for my build, this specific boss only drop it so I will train myself and my group to go adventure to get that specific Artifact. This will give meaning to going out there looking for loot rather than it may drop from 10-15 specific place if I am lucky.

arcdevil and FrostII like this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

I thought he was trying to phase out artifacts.

5. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

If he was why did he add the Ringmaster Vestment not so long ago?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=124711#spotlight

• Ringmaster’s Vest: This new elusive artifact drops from Tier 15 ranged liches throughout New Britannia. Players will most commonly encounter these liches in Upper Tears behind the waterfall.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  6. oplek

oplek Avatar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think he was looking for a creative way to phase them out through crafting, don't know how this will work, but that is what I think I last heard.

Thanks for the Link OP, I got time today so I will be listening to this.

FrostII and Wilfred like this.
  8. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I actually don't think he can phase out the Artifact because they just recently added Ancient Essences to crafting ingredients, therefore they cannot phase it out. If they do then Ancient Essences has to be added to the loot table for everything I assume.

Wilfred likes this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

By phase out the idea is more so that the artifacts will be salvageable like that of TORC allowing crafters to remake better versions to sell. There was also talk about limiting the number of enchants / MW on artifacts so that the player crafted ones could be taken farther. Never know though until its all implemented as to the direction things will take :)

FrostII, Wilfred and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Twitter update :)

https://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1311605838075891713

Catnip Games
    @catnipgames
    Based on feedback from the stream yesterday I've added stacking/charging bonuses to most aspects of stances and a few other skills. Currently working on a targeting issue dealing with pets stealing heals!
    3:56 AM · Oct 1, 2020

11. Lancell Lancermane

Lancell Lancermane Avatar

Wilfred likes this.
  12. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Greetings @AzazelReborn. You are welcome to send me questions via PM here in the forums, or in Discord. I am a moderator in both locations so I can usually be found in the upper right in discord, and online members in the forums. (Tazar in both places). Please note that we are grouping questions asked by category (So far, Combat and started Loot - we'll dive further into loot next time, along with some POT/Housing stuff, then other areas like world-building, questing, etc.) so your question might not come up for a stream or two depending on topics.

And yes - I do have a master list (we're keeping it in Google Doc for our team to work on it, and there will be some follow-up on items - unless we see the action in game already. Of course, some items might be more difficult to test and determine, but that is the nature of the game.

We're looking forward to many more. For those of you from UO, you might remember the Stratics HOC Developer Chats. Many in the guild are former Stratics folk and we're working on a similar format for this. We hope it will cut fluff time and get more meat into the chats. So it is more of a rapid-fire question session - with Atos taking the time he wants to answer, but also - because we get the questions early, we can get with the one who submitted it to help make sure we are really getting the question to Atos in a way that he'll "get it" rather than answering off-target. Overall - I think the first one went well. :)

13. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

From what I understand, it is not so much phasing out artifacts, but diminishing the value by boosting crafted stuff over time - making Artifacts something you unravel to get essences, or other items that can boost crafting. So - the new Taming Vest is useful for now, but over time will diminish.

Time Lord and Wilfred like this.
  14. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

A Lot of good questions
    ..looking forward for the next round

Wilfred likes this.
  15. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

12:08 necronut: !question
    Regarding the new boss fights: How will you handle loot? Increased drop chances for some rarer stuff? Unique loot tables for the new encounters? Etc.?

- Chris replied starting about 01:02:35
    He also talked about general loot improvements in new scenes as well.
    Anyone want to type up a transcript of the reply?

Friday stream with Atos and FISH! All Q&A!
    Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/758725822

----------

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Content discussed on a stream doesn’t actually mean it is content that will be added to a live build right away. It might get added, or not get added. Stuff takes time. It is however, nice to hear about content that might get added.

Tazar and Wilfred like this.
  17. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Rather than this kind of boss fight, it's a good idea that you kill all the adds at the same time before the main boss spawn. Hope he remembers that Fire Mages are very strong now and their dots might cause some issues here.

I would rather have the idea that the lady give him, a true raid, the group go through each room, group fight the mobs, clear the room, move the next room fight a small boss, then to the next add and boss. Meanwhile the rooms the group cleared stay cleared. Group keep fighting till the group get to the True End Boss and kill it. The game then knows that each member have cleared it and you are only able to redo the raid once a week. I think this would be much better. Also imagine if the group cannot finish the raid the game know how far each member has reached. If there are 7 bosses before the final boss and the group only managed to kill 3 bosses, the next time they go in there the first 3 boss rooms are cleared so they can go to the mobs rooms before fighting the 4th boss.

I can already see a way to mitigate the currant idea that Chris wants to implement but a raid style the you can only do once a week cannot really mitigated that way. From what Chris on the interview Shroud can not handle these type of raid techniques.

18. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Hi Lancell Lancermane,

You will soon have a test practice with Chris on his new zone he is creating, before you begin the test can you make sure you perform certain checks before proceeding please?
    • Make sure you inventory is clean (To check loot count).
    • Mark your current gold count.
    • Mark your current Adventure/Producer Experience count.
    • Check your current Armor Durability amount.
    At the end of the test review the above please and lets see what the result is. This would be a good guide in how the zone can be improved.

If anyone have any information that should be recorded before the please let us know.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.