SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

might wanna wait on all but trilobite, as it's weird that they're not showing small and large in the names but have three slots on the leaderboard.

Anpu and Lained like this.
  2. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

Request: Please add the pictures of the book covers in the gallery on this page: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Book_Pattern to the individual book pattern pages. They currently only show the pattern icon, not what the actual book cover is going to look like.

Also, the book pattern pages should be updated to say just "a Blank Book." instead of "a crafted Blank Book." I applied 10 patterns this morning to blank books I bought directly from the Bookseller NPC.

Thanks!

Anpu likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I did a Find/Replace to fix the pattern icons not appearing on those pages, so they should all reflect what they will look like. I fixed the Blank Book page to include vendors and the Reshape Book recipe to just show Blank Book instead of Crafted Book.

I'd like to make a change at some point to show the pattern icon in queries, but that is going to require some backend work I don't have time for right now. Its on my list tho.

Jay Nord, Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Added, thanks!

5. Browncoat Jayson

I did add these to the Fishing Navbox, but I havn't created pages for them yet as I wasn't sure on sizes. Sounds like there may be an issue there. I'll come back to it.

Lained likes this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson

I was wondering if you would like to get loot data for mobs? I've started gathering the data from bosses I kill, but it could be interesting to do for all mobs in all scenes at some point I feel (runescape has this kind of content on their wiki). As an example, here is my collected data from 15 clockwork dragon kills :

[​IMG]

I could provide the raw data, or even upload it on my own, if it is something you guys want for the wiki. Obviously the profit column is one for my own personal use, but I think the min-max-average columns could be useful?

Let me know!

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Absolutely! This is something that I've always wanted to get running, and actually have the coding in place on the wiki, but I havn't been able to parse it very well yet. You can either send it to me, or you can update it yourself as you'd like.

What you would do is go to the scene where the creature is (I'm not sure if this is the Blood Bay or K'rul Clockwork) and edit the page. You'll see something that looks like this in the bestiary section:
    Code:
    {{Creaturebox
    |name=Clockwork Dragon
    |minhp=
    |maxhp=
    |mindmg=
    |maxdmg=
    |xp=
    |mingold=
    |maxgold=
    |loot=
    }}
    For gold, just put the numbers at the end of the line. For items, the range is kind of wonky as the system currently assumes that minimum is always zero, so you just put the max of the item, its name, and a semicolon. Eventually, I'll rewrite it so it will take two parameters, but that takes a lot of time I just havn't had lately. So with what you have, it will look something like this:
    Code:
    {{Creaturebox
    |name=Clockwork Dragon
    |minhp=
    |maxhp=
    |mindmg=
    |maxdmg=
    |xp=
    |mingold=500
    |maxgold=754
    |loot=30 Obsidian Chip;17 Gold Ore;15 Silver Ore;3 Potion of Restoration;4 Potion of Regeneration;3 Potion of Health, Lesser;2 Cure Poison Potion;2 Poison Potion;4 Potion of Wolf Speed;1 Potion of Regeneration, Imbued;1 Potion of Focus;2 Potion of Focus, Lesser;4 Potion of Health, Greater;2 Potion of Resistance, Magic;1 Haste Potion;1 Cure Plague Potion;2 Potion of Health;1 Potion of Restoration, Imbued; 18 Crown of the Obsidians
    }}
    This will flow over to the page for the Clockwork Dragon the next time the query runs (overnight or the next time that page is edited). Ideally, we'd break down the various artifacts, gems, and fuel as well. While you're killing things, feel free to note the hit points of the monster, the min and max it hits for, and how much xp its worth.

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Great! I will work on these things as I can!

One thing I have noted for gems and artifacts is that most gems and artifacts are just taken from a "Pool" of "Gem loot table" and "Artifact loot table" Meaning that if you roll your loot and you get a high enough roll for an artifact, it will then roll for which artifact from that table, and same thing for gems. Unless you want to fill your pages with as much info as there are gems and artifacts, it might be a good idea to actually put it as "Gems Loot table", "Artifact Loot Table" and so on for these kinds of things. Obviously, some mobs, like the Satyrs in Tartarus, have their own specific artifact drop (Bandit Gear) but those are exceptions.

** EDIT **

Ohh, and an extra thing I have thought about, is that while refferencing the "Gems Loot Table", there could then be a page for the Gems Loot Table, and the possible gems would be listed there, that way, the info IS there, but just differently.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

I'm aware of how the loot pools work, but they are not very transparent to most players. What listing them all separately does is allow someone to look up a specific item and see everything that can drop it in one list, and make comparisons. Linking to an intermediate page breaks that kind of link. It does make it easy to fill in the table, however; we can just add all of the gem types/artifacts in the pool on each creature with the same chance of dropping. (come to think of it, we could easily put together a template that includes all of those, so they can be added with one entry; I'll look at how feasible that is)

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. Alley Oop

11. Alley Oop

there are npcs for turning in stretch goal/store foals in

brit fields (stablegirl oakley, east side barn)
    owl's head (nob)
    braemar (bodan)
    aerie (falcon)
    desolis (corsten) (confirmed was told, did not confirm, but there's a new corral there so it's someone adjacent)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

i just updated the times for picking a full harvest of nightshade and black pearls and dug up @Elwyn's old post on the changed times of day to do it. is this info somewhere in the wiki?

13. Browncoat Jayson

I thought it was, but I'm not finding it anymore. It should probably be with the other parts of the calendar, and cross referenced a bit better. I'll get it added this morning.

Anpu likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Just FYI, as far as tamed pets go. I updated the Infobox Item template to allow summoning items display better. There are three new variables you can use:
    Code:
    |summons=Bay Horse
    |skillreq=Summoning
    |skilllvl=1

This indicates the creature being summoned and what skill and skill level are required for the summoning, just like on the item in-game. I implemented it this way so we can fairly easily expand this if other minimum-skill items are added.

I'm currently marking these as "Pets" for the category, but because of the skill requirement tag I can now create a query page for "Tamed Creatures" that shows all pets with the summoning skill.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

falcon is not new for 83, she just has added functionality. i THINK she's been there since aerie first went in.

16. Browncoat Jayson

Quite possible; I just looked for a page and threw one together because I couldn't find it. I'll update it when I can actually get in-game and check.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  17. Alley Oop

[1/31/2016 4:40:55 PM] Traveller: (to you) Greetings, friend. I hope your stay in Aerie has been pleasant.
    [1/31/2016 4:40:59 PM] Alley Oop: (to Traveller) name
    [1/31/2016 4:41:00 PM] Falcon: (to you) Falcon, yes - yes, I know. Falcon from Aerie, what were me parents thinking. Names me after a bird of prey and I'm afraid of mice! My father said it was to ensure I'd always return home.
    [1/31/2016 4:41:07 PM] Alley Oop: (to Falcon) health
    [1/31/2016 4:41:08 PM] Falcon: (to you) Quite well, thank you. Had a touch of molt last week, but it passed.
    [1/31/2016 4:41:12 PM] Alley Oop: (to Falcon) job
    [1/31/2016 4:41:13 PM] Falcon: (to you) I, well, I tame birds. Well! It's honest work! What else is a lass, born in Aerie, named Falcon supposed to do! The shopkeeps wouldn't even apprentice me, they were laughing too hard!
    [1/31/2016 4:41:19 PM] Alley Oop: (to Falcon) help
    [1/31/2016 4:41:19 PM] Falcon: (to you) Nothing myself, the guards hereabouts might know more.

Browncoat Jayson and Anpu like this.
  18. Alley Oop

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  19. Alley Oop

20. Browncoat Jayson