sotaTales

Discussion in 'Player Created Lua Script Repository' started by Tristano Sforza, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

Gia2, Xithar, Duursyrras and 6 others like this.
  2. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Bravo!

FrostII and Tristano Sforza like this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

amazing so far @Tristano Sforza :) i am very curious about how you are detecting interaction with the non-conversationalist characters (mannys). a couple of quick thoughts:

1) it would be nice to have the keywords in the text utilizing a different color and maybe also have the ! in front as well. the yellow text at the bottom is more than adequate but if it were in the text you could go right from reading the text to typing in what you need to say.

2) i liked the click answers when interacting. it might be neat to be able to just click the special text in the window to progress to the next sequence.

absolutely fantastic. what a wonderful use of the LUA system! thank you so much for putting in the effort and then sharing with us :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Luno, Tristano Sforza and FrostII like this.
  4. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

thanks @Tirrag for feedback!
    I can’use conversationalists because they are static, I can’t change (I think) dialogues based on player action or timeline, I used it just to start the quest. With Lua it’s possible. I can make everyone and everything talk, I can detect player location and position, I can create and use new quest items, detect mob killed and loot. So mannys talk if you are nearby at the right timeline.

About UI I can consider to use buttons instead of typing text and maybe key press for use and search actions, It should work.

thanks,
    Tristano

Sean Silverfoot, FrostII and Luno like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.