No changes to sloppy quest journal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallin Tregres, Oct 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

After all this time I'd expect the Quest Journal to have gone through an overhaul from the mess we started with and apparently still have. Is there an option to change it somewhere or has this just never been given a second pass? Are there ANY categorization options such as grouping quests by zone that I must not be seeing? Does my character just not know how to take proper notes?

I'll admit I've not messed with the journal much other than opening it to see the same mess we'd had in the past, so I hope I'm missing some newer options. One of my biggest turnoffs about the gameplay was that the quest system was difficult to keep track of. That, and having Taming being tied to a crafted-only reagent cost cause heaven forbid I walk my limited selection of pet spider/wolf/bear without a leash.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It has never gotten any love.

3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Was afraid so. Been kinda holding off on playing till I got a better computer as this one struggles a bit and I have the monthly subscription for my house and monthly rewards, but since they fell back on giving us non-unique subscription stuff and the fact I don't really play the game I feel like I'm throwing away money at this point. I've given up on waiting for Taming in this game to be as diverse as interesting as it was in UO (If they've improved Taming recently then please inform me!), but I was still interested in seeing where the story went. With the horrid quest journal though I just don't wanna bother trying to keep track of everything. Is it common for players to need to make personal notes about their quest journal or is there an alternative means of keeping track of quest locations?

I feel like I don't want to talk to NPCs until I've done every quest in whatever current zone I'm at as it would become too convoluted to figure out where I'm supposed to be and when. It's like a punishment for exploration IMO.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specifically are you wanting the quest system to do?

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

-Grouping quests by zone would be huge improvement along with ability to select and unselect which ones you are working on from that list.

6. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Ability to decline quests. Ability to sort quest by distance, zone, difficulty and so on?

Also to be able to move quest list location to a different place. So much can be done with it.

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The below responses are pretty spot-on in this regard, but to be more specific I'd really like to see the quests grouped by zone so that if I talk to an NPC in a location I don't plan on getting to yet I don't just have that quest floating around while potentially not remembering where I got it from. This would at least allow me to explore and not feel like I'm being punished for talking to an NPC "too soon" and figuring out where I got it wouldn't require me to look it up online or scanning over the map to see if I can't spot some sparklys over a location. Some quests are clear as to where you got them, but that can't be said for all quests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.