New crown shop POT signpost stone base should be removed

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chiasma, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I bought many POT signpost. But I am not a fan of the stone base under the signpost. Just hope the stone base can be removed to align with the existing default POT signpost. Also, the size of stone base is not proportional to the structure of the signpost.

[​IMG]

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I believe that’s there for a deco surface?

Net likes this.
  3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Seems not for decoration surface. There is a craftable wooden street sign for other purpose. It has no base structure too.

[​IMG]

4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

+1 doesn't look quite right just like the over the top huge pressure plates for traps.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The addition of the stone base to the teleporter signpost is intentional and has importance. It blocks out a clear area which includes the teleportation target assigned to that signpost, helping ensure players have a reasonable place to appear for that signpost. Also, the base has a decoration surface which players can use to place small decorations and make the signpost visually unique. Finally, the plan is to create additional signposts with alternate themes in the future. New signposts will still have a platform at the bottom, but they might be made out of metal, wood, a different type of stone, or some other material.

6. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Yet another 'working as intended' even though it looks very odd. But don't worry, plenty more of them coming!

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

+6Greetings all
    I have looked and tested the new Teleporter Signpost and agree that the plain stone base is not needed provided ground placed DECO would block the Zone in area. As for Deco purposes the Crafted and Teleport signpost have the same functionality for all the POT place-able DECO I tried.
    [​IMG]

This would be great for Special settings but not sure how that would work in the store. Would there be 6 different Signs with different bases?(sorry about the pictures, did not have access to my tools).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Being able to have text on the base would be a big help also.

Violet Ronso and majoria70 like this.
  8. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

If so, then that deco surface does not fit in all but a few places. Plus only one orientation works on some spaces, no turning it around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.