1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add all POTS to Zone scroll

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elrond, Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I think we all learned the hard way in Ultima VII not to trust the Fellowship... ;) Good to see you back.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. oplek

oplek Avatar

I vote for teleport scrolls to be removed. Is there a second? Anyone? ... Anyone?

Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Always Most Grand to see you M'Liege Lord @Duke Gréagóir :)!
    This I agreed with before fast transport was ever invested in :D Our world would have been developed much differently had fast travel "for hunting" never been invented :cool: I also believe that player's objections to allowing fast travel for marketing stems from a deep seeded guilt of having obtained fast travel in many forms "for hunting".

So... Let us imagine that there is some player... "of course not these players"... who has a wish to visit "all 500+(?) POTs in our world", and how long that quest may take them to accomplish :confused:
    Let's say they can run very fast and all they want to do is grab whatever money there is (let's use 500 gold) and then to run on to their next exciting momentary visit to another POT :p

:eek: "How long would that take?" OMG! :confused: And what's the prize for that very special player?

I very much doubt that there is a single person here who has intentionally undertaken and accomplished such a feat o_O...
    But we surely all know that it's in each player's best interest to do so for their own personal enjoyment, "as long as that someone isn't us" :D~TL~

Duke Gréagóir and Elrond like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

::ahem::

Time Lord, Anpu, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

::Ahem:: again !

First of all there are not anywhere near 500 towns (slightly more than 300 tops).

I got every town, every scene by doing it on foot and adding new ones later by taking the Pacu towns.

And I did it so that in the future I could tele to any place without running the never changing (sorry but boring for me) overworld. :)

Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Toular

Toular Avatar

I have. I have a few missing still but that's half the fun.

FrostII, Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

3 thus far isn't bad, but I would point out that the motive of one, was to get past an unenjoyable barrier wall, so as to never "be forced to" ever need to do it again.
    One (1) mentions without roomer that there's some fun to be had, with more fun beyond that fun. If this were an NPC quest answer, I'd say that NPC was acting as a sign post to direct the Avatar onward without descript promise. Yet, since this is no NPC, I tend to believe them, but all tastes can never be satisfied through the same flavor.

So... If traveling the overland map to each and every POT is just a barrier to be overcome in order to enjoy the shopping market side of our game, why is zoning to hunting areas made so much easier?
    Why do we insist that the majority of players, who happen to be the hunting class, have easier traveling, "when they too could be having all this fun that's in question here?" Certainly we're not saying we need to refund all those COTO Store purchases to whoever bought any of those zone gates to hunting areas... "are we?" Fast hunting zone travel seems to be encouraging enough for some players to want to buy them "with real money".

This is all only rhetoric with no personal snobs meant, but I do note the inequality and lack of encouraging development for our marketing game to flourish in the same way that our hunting game has "without hinderance". The gaming life of a townie should not have (unpleasant to "most") obstacles placed hindering that gaming lifestyle's expansion.

Once Upon a Time, in our forums long ago, there was a great discussion where players all spoke of SOTA one day having the ability to play a traveling salesman, who could purchase items in one area and then sell them in another. Looking around at all the venders everyone has takes an abundance of time "in any single city POT or NPC town", so why should we make such a game play even more time demandingly brutal?

I walk to towns across the overland map. I check the online map, type in my destination and journey onward, yet I cannot see subjecting myself to visiting every POT just to be able to shop more quickly, especially when there's no real reason to ever use the word "quick" in trade shopping... so I don't or can't due to the time consumption play that style of game, as it wouldn't be any fun, yet also, time is always valuable when considering what to buy for resale. Reselling something can be time sensitive, where waiting customers just can't wait.

For me, there's nothing to be learned about our overland map. It's not as if we need a fail safe just in case our scrolls and other fast travel are without warning suddenly eliminated.

~The Guardian of Forever~
    [​IMG]
    Good Hunting Hunters, it's all for you!

It would not take your joy of running,
    "a zone scroll list for POTs" o_O...
    What would it really hurt?
    ~Time Lord~

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Uhhh, Zoning to hunting areas is exactly the same as zoning to POTs though, and for some zones actually harder on the 1st attempt... For a Player Owned Town, you find it on the overworld, you enter it, and done, you have it in your list for ever. Some harder POTs are "Hidden" inside another POT or an NPC Town, so hidden that as soon as you enter the town it's nested in, you are greeted by a huge balloon, a row boat or a tunnel entrance, and there we go, you have all the tools to find them. As for "Hunting" zones, some you may find on the Overworld, but others you need to actually adventure through a scene, often braving some very strong monster's, so that you can finally unlock them and add them to your scroll list permanently.

I don't know where your idea of "Some players" who want to make it "harder for newer players," it isn't wanting it to be harder, it's wanting to leave the discovery aspect available, because if you remove the discovery aspect of it it's over, and you've just ruined "Some players" fun, and some of these "Some players" are actually new players. In the past month, my small guild which recruits about 2 players per month on average, saw a decent influx, we got 5 new recruits. Of those 5 new recruits, 1 of them was an older player, 1 of them is a die hard monster killer, and the other 3 have been spending all their time adventuring. Maybe on these forums there's only 3 people who have mentioned having this "goal" you seem so surprised to see exists, but in game there is a very quiet majority who could actually prove you wrong.

If we take your reaction to these 3 replies you got, you must probably think there are only 3 mages in the entirety of our game, considering only me, Joe and Lazlo replied to THIS thread, or maybe do you believe that some people could have potentially not responded, and maybe some people don't even visit these forums? I'll let you decide, but either way, I dislike TP2Z scrolls, I would like to see them gone, but I don't ask of this because I know there is a very large group who wanted these and would be very upset if it was gone.

Like I said, the issue that created this thread is because there is no way to know where a Player Owned Town could be if no one connected knows where it is, so why not solve the issue in a creative manner?

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

A simple list, just as other destinations, that's what this is about. One game has one goal when it comes to hunting areas and goals other than enhancing trade travel when it comes to POTs. It's just a simple list asked for here, and that list is a big deal for a play style other than discovery, which is for trade.

The discovery aspect isn't eliminated with such a change that is asked for. "If anyone wants to", then they can have all that fun they want of running all over the overland, "OR", they could use the drop down menu suggested and then experience there "Ohh Ahh" moment on the other end, discovering where they are. An Ohh Ahh moment is in no way enhanced through running.

Our SOTA Yellow Pages, needs expanding, where POTs can be presented in a list of destinations to go to.

"Why does this issue effect the Time Lord so much?"...
    I live with this type of frustration "every day of my life" :D because I chose to come to live in Thailand. There are allot of villages not listed on Google Maps here, but the big thing is that there's no Yellow Pages or even White Pages here which will show the address or phone number of whatever shop, or whatever is there. If GPS ever goes down, Thailand is the last place anyone wants to become lost in, even if you know the language. They even made a world wide blockbuster movie about it...
    [​IMG]
    "It's a comedy tragedy story", which is only fun to watch because it's a movie o_O

So, "if a player choses to do so", they could just elect not to use a scroll which has a drop down menu of destinations, hunting area or POT, but POTs for some reason of their discovery fun, for some people, cannot get a drop down menu to allow them to be as accessible as other areas.

SOTA shopping is the same as it is in Thailand, where if it's not in a mall or other destination listed in Google Maps... SOTA translation~ If a vendor is not in Crafter Town or other well known shopping center, then a player has to not only run all over the map to find the POT, but check vendor by lone lonely isolated vendor, to see if there's any good deals there after having spent Googles of Time, somehow trying to enjoy running across a very small map "time and again".

So... for all those who think such a prosses we have is somehow fun :) then the next time you need to go shopping in real life, don't look at Google Maps, don't look for any shop's website, don't use your GPS, and don't look through the Yellow or White Pages for their phone number, just grab a map, choose a destination and start running in that direction to "maybe" find what you're looking for there :D :( But if you don't find what you're looking for there, just start running to the next town to see if running around the next town/POT has what you're looking for, "all the while, enjoying your run over the same trails again" :confused:

I'm in favor of having a dropdown list of POTs on a scroll so I can have my ooh ahh moments shopping more enjoyable and profit by them, "without the need to run to each and every one of our 300+ POTs" before I gain that fast travel enjoyment.

I think that's a natural desire to have, unless you're a tourist just looking for somewhere to run to with an unlimited travel visa and all the time in the world to get wherever you're going. But for a marketing playstyle, what we have is not ideal, it's a down right road block in a dark comic tragedy.

I get it...
    [​IMG]
    One playstyle isn't another's.

Not everyone sees the same things as being fun, but doesn't our online map sort of diminish any discovery fun to begin with, leaving only all the running to be done?
    :rolleyes:~TL~

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Violet Ronso and Mingo like this.
  11. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

-- the road encounters are an inducement to travel overland. Perhaps other "easter egg" type events, random or not, could be added to the overland map.

Violet Ronso and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Indeed, Yes they do cousin Mingo :D!
    [​IMG]

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.