Books in a bookcase, bags and potions on a floor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

One screenshot, two questions:

1. I was hoping that once I put a bookcase in my house, that if I started putting books in the bookcase the books would automatically turn sideways and stack against each other left to right. As you can see, they are not. Are there any more advanced options for actually arranging the books on the shelf?

2. Notice the bag that says Kindred on the floor in front of the shelf. I don't know where the word Kindred comes from but that's not important. What's bothering me is that I'm trying to drop that bag in my house so I don't have to carry it everywhere I go, but it won't let me drop it on the floor on on the bookcase. I'm having the same problem with potions - I have like 80 health potions and no reason to carry around all 80 of them so I wanted to leave some of them in my house, but it won't let me drop them on the floor or on the bookcase.

Help will, as always, be apprecaited!

Thanks
    DalTXColtsFan Dragon
    [​IMG]

2. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Obviously I didn't notice the messages in the chat window until after I already created this thread. I'll try putting the quest items back into my main inventory and dropping the bag again.

Still don't understand why it wouldn't let me drop potions though.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a: turn the bookcase so the books are going in facing the right way, then turn the bookcase the way you want the whole thing to face once it's full.

b: potions don't HAVE deco assets attached. not everything does. if it doesn't show in the housing tab, no luck.

4. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Also, regarding deco objects in general, Q, E, Ctrl-Q, Ctrl-E will rotate objects. Books are unique in that the will also respond to R, which flips it between flat and upright.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Kindred is the permission status set for someone. If this is a lot you own it wouldnt say kindred to start with but lot owners can give kindred permission to allow others to place items on their lot if the owner sets that permission for someone. It was a permission added to allow a rental system which didn't fully get expanded on.

6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Thanks everyone. I also realized that I can drag a book onto a shelf and hit Q or E to rotate the individual book.

Am I missing any commands to either automatically stack the books to the left when books are placed on a shelf and/or any rotation commands to rotate it exactly 90 degrees?

I just thought of one thing I haven't tried - multi-selecting books while they're still in my inventory and dragging them onto a shelf as one. I'll try that and report what happens.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

control-q or e steps through 45 degrees

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Dragging multiple books onto a bookcase didn't work. For now I just have a backpack on the floor that holds all my books. I'll come back to this later. Thanks as always for all the help.

9. Toular

Toular Avatar

Filling a bookcase with books so it looks nice is a pain in the ... "arm".

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

There are store item "stacks of books" you can get, if you're just looking to fill out shelves. In a better game, they might also be containers that hold books...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.