Diggin' the riding system

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Barugon, Oct 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Really great job on this. My only criticism is that it takes too long to mount and dismount. It would be great if these were reduced a bit.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Why not more complaints about the horses auto disappear on dismounting? Am I missing something?

3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Is it lost or does it just poof out of thin air back into the whistle or whatever after? If its the 2nd case, many games do it like this, so maybe people didn't expect any different especially for a "new" system added to this game specifically:p

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Because those are already bug reported.

Duke Aventine and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

More criticisms:
    • I feel that getting on and, especially, off the horse takes too long (I know that I said it in the OP but I think this is important).
    • Interacting with something (door, NPC, harvestable, etc) should automatically dismount me instead of giving me a message that I can't.
    • I want to close all my open windows not dismount my horse! Dismounting should not be done with the escape key. Instead, mounting and dismounting should be done using the same icon in the hotbar (or double clicking the item in my inventory).
    • Attempting to ride through a doorway should also dismount me rather than blocking me.
    All of these points add some amount of frustration to the system and make it not worth using.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Constantly dismounting under all those circumstances would just get completely annoying. I like it better that we have to choose when to dismount. I’m actually ok with the current way it’s set up. Just my opinion.

Duke Olahorand and Gravidy like this.
  7. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

So if your traveling through a POT, you get dismount to click on a teleport sign that takes you to another boundary then you need to mount again and when you reach your lot you get dismount to just have the option to go down your basement.

Simple things like taking a teleporter in the same town, entering a dungeon/basement, opening or closing a window and click on a wagon that takes you to the overworld should not dismount you.

Duke Olahorand and Anpu like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you interact with a signpost while mounted it works without dismounting you.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, you all don't think that it's frustrating having to hit escape, wait for the dismount animation to end and then interact with something? I find this highly annoying. I guess there's nothing for it, I probably just won't use the mount system. BTW, if you use a teleporter that takes you to another scene then you automatically dismount first, which I feel is how it should work for other interactables that require you to be dismounted.

Rinaldi likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I also don't understand why horses aren't allowed to jump.

Rinaldi likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Jumping will have to be added later.

Rinaldi likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It seems all of these (except dismount speed) could (ideally) be accomplished through settings toggles.

Barugon and Anpu like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I want to dismount and then have an option to dismiss my horse or not please.

Rinaldi likes this.
  14. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Like in Albion Online, you can dismount and your mount stays next to you with a radius circle, if you leave that radius circle your mount disappear and you will have to mount it again. Also while in the radius of your mount you get the benefit of that mount, speed and carry capacity.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That would be better than our horses auto disappearing. I'm not happy if we are going that route.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Despite my criticisms, mounts are great for the overworld as they seem to not be slowed down when you venture off-road.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.