Question on house upgrades

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Ysold, Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi folks,

At the moment I am the happy owner of a 2-story wood and plaster row house in a POT. But I would like to have a little more space. I'm thinking of 2 options:
    - Can I upgrade my 2-story to a 3-story wood and plaster? How do I get about it? What do I buy? What options do I use to make the upgrade, if it is possible?
    - Can I add a basement to my house? I saw there is one at the COTO shop that would fit my house. But can I use it in a POT or only in NPC towns? And if possible, how do I add the basement to my house?

Thanks,
    Ysold.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, you can switch houses at the lot stone. there are some craftable, some for in game gold, some for crowns and many old pledge rewards from other players.

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Row_Level_Housing

yes, you can add a basement, as long as it is the size of the lot you're on or smaller, so in your case just row size. they're listed on the same page i linked above. craft a basement hatch or buy one from a deco merchant, place it, then double click it and it will bring up a basement chooser same as choosing a house at the lotstone.

Barugon and Ysold like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Speak to a Housing Deeds Merchant, they are located here: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Housing_Deeds_Merchant
    Or the Homes Merchant NPC in player owned towns.

ALL of them sell the exact same thing (here is the listing on the Housing Deeds Merchant Lucas Gordon, who can be found upstairs in the Bank in Resolute): https://sotawiki.net/sota/Lucas_Gordon

Like for example you can buy a Shingle-Roof Three-Story (Row Home), Stucco Three-Story w/ Alcove (Row Home), Wood & Plaster Three-Story (Row Home).

There is also the: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Greenhouse_Four-Story_(Row_Home)

This is a player crafted item, and the only 4 story row house in the game that can be crafted. Many players sell this home on their vendors as well. Or make one yourself (you will need 100 in the Carpentry skill!) It's actually really nice and would probably be more than enough space for you.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Ysold likes this.
  4. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Thanks guys, many useful tips there!

For other people who are asking themselves the same question:
    I spent 1100 gold on a basement hatch and a 1-story basement deed (row-size) at a Housing Deeds merchant. So I went the cheapskate option first :)
    At home, first I placed the basement hatch outside my home, next to the front door. Then I double-clicked the hatch and a window popped up. There was a Change Basement button that allowed me to select the basement deed. After that, by way of the same window, I could enter the basement.

* What I liked: a nice spacious room that will allow me to (slow) grow lots of goodies. And it was very cheap!
    * What I really disliked: I hadn't realized the basement would be in a different instance, so getting in and out of the basement requires a zone load. Edit: Also planting beds can't be placed in a basement...

I still think I'll keep it though, to grow some fast crops, that otherwise would need me to log in multiple times a day.

Special thanks to @Anpu for mentioning the craftable 4-story with greenhouse. This will be my next project. However, I'm still not sure what will happen after I have the deed in my pockets. I see there is an option 'Change House' when I double-click the row lot stone. But what will happen with the contents of my house? I guess it won't fit my deco back more or less the way it was :) Will it end up in Property Manager or in the Bank? Will the contents of my containers stay inside the containers? Will I need to buy extra slots in Property Manager to contain all my stuff? Will my new basement be affected by changing the main house?

I know, I ask a lot :)
    Ysold.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  5. Alley Oop

you can put a house and its contents in the property manager, but it keeps them together. if you want the old contents in a new house, you have to redeco.

the bank.

yes

not the property manager, the bank. and no, when a lot is sent to the bank everything will be stored even if it's past your quota. you just won't be able to manually add anything else to it until you clean it out.

no. benefit of it being a seperate instance. you'll have to put a hatch down again, but once you do it will be there.

Anpu and Ysold like this.
  6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Ok, the big house move is done!

A tip for fellow house movers: I make some backpacks and labelled them 'Lounge', 'Workroom', 'Gym' etc and put them in the corresponding rooms. Then I moved all the loose deco stuff into them. This made it much easier to move the stuff back from the bank and will be a help also when I start redecorating. Unfortunately it's not going to be a help to put the books back into the bookshelves :(

Planting pots survived the move! So when I put them back there still are plants growing in them.

Now for some massive redecorating. Thanks again for all the help!
    Ysold.

Anpu likes this.
  7. LadyGreywolf

LadyGreywolf Avatar

Ysold likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

9. Alley Oop

there are also people around who will do the crafting for you for free if you have the materials saved up

Anpu likes this.
  10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I paid 2000 gold for the recipe at a NPC Real Estate vendor. I had the materials and Carpentry skill level, so I could craft it myself.

Belladonna Rose and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.