1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] My Character has shrunk

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Royou, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Royou

Royou Avatar

2. Don't know how this happened, so not sure how it would be reproduced.
    *Edit Upon clicking the horse Icon for the first time, Character shrinks by 4 to 5 inches, but after getting off horse the character does not return to pervious height*

3. No blocker, just very annoying.

4. I have noticed that my Character is smaller than he should be, 2 years back I noticed that he was not max height, which he should have been as I put it to max when I first created him, so I used the barbers in Ardoris paid the cotos and resized him, so I know he should be max height, now once again he has shrunk, I don't know if it is since I've been riding my horse around or not, but it is only since this that I have seen his height change, I log two account is daily to get my daily exp and gold, so that I always see two characters on, most are max height so I would notice that difference, if this is not a bug, and can be corrected, could he be restored to his correct height!
    *Edit I tested it with another character Kronus and found that as soon as the horse icon was used that he shrunk by 4 to 5 inches, but did not return to his normal height after getting off the horse*

5. As I don't know how it happened not sure of steps, try riding around a lot, changing to all the horses.
    *Edit I have only noticed this happening once when the horse is first used, it does not happen on any further use, but the characters never return to their normal height, I just tried it on my one small character Sweet Petite and she has grown by 4 to 5 inches, and not so petite anymore :(*

6. Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Intel x79 2011 Motherboard (PCI-E 3.0 x16, DDR3 1600, SATA, RAID, ATX)
    Processor: INTEL BX80619I73970X Core i7 (3970X) 3.5GHz Extreme Edition Processor 15MB L3 Cache LGA2011
    CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum, Hydro Series, 240 mm Radiator (Dual ML PRO 120 mm RGB PWM Fans,
    Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Control with Software) Liquid CPU Cooler, Black
    Memory: 48GB Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (6x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black
    Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 Professional Series AX 1200W ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Gold PSU
    Video Card: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING OC 11G 11 GB GDDR5x 352 Bit Memory PCI Express 3 Graphics Card - White
    Storage: Seagate WD 4 TB Desktop Hard Drive - Blue
    Optical Drives: Samsung 18x DVD ROM Sata - Black, Samsung (SH-224DB) DVD Re-Writer SATA 24x Black
    Case: NZXT Switch 810 Special Edition Full Tower Chassis with 4x 140mm Fan - Gunmetal
    Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG, 28 Inch 4K (3840 x 2160) Gaming Monitor
    Sound: Creative Sound Blaster ZX Sound Card
    Speakers: Creative SBS 5.1 560 Surround Sound System
    Keyboard & Mouse: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Royou, please confirm your avatar is not wearing any gear that has character scaling on it: creepy dolly, faerie belt, bandit helm, pirate tricorn hat of the cap'n, anything else i might be forgetting...

3. Royou

Royou Avatar

No gear what so ever, have just checked it on another charcter Kronus and as soon as the horse Icon is activated the character shrunk, when deactivating the horse character did not return to normal size, now I have two characters that are smaller than I want them, is more than annoying.

*Edit make that three now :(*

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  4. Alley Oop

is this is persisting between scene changes?
    is this is persisting between game sessions?

5. Royou

Royou Avatar

Yes to all.

It seems to me that this could be the fix for player scale while on the horse to properly align the reigns, and is making it a permeant rescale rather than temporary.

6. Alley Oop

yes, it sounds like it, but it being permanent is a new thing, probably introduced with 1301.

7. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Xolavar is at maximum height ... I will test this out to confirm

Royou likes this.
  8. Royou

Royou Avatar

I have noticed that when I now log in I am the correct height, but when I dismount the horse that I am still at the shrunken height, if I log out and back in it resets my normal height until I mount a horse. Thank you for all the great work that you do, and for looking in to this, I know it is in safe hands and will get fixed :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Hi Royou, You mentioned your avatar was already too short dating back two years. Did it get even shorter? Does your avatar get smaller each time you dismount and remount a horse? How small can you get?

10. Royou

Royou Avatar

Two years ago I used the barbers shop in Ardoris to correct it and paid the 500 cotos to get him back to max height, I have no idea of why he was shorter than he should have been, I just assumed that I must have not put him the height I wanted, but I did notice after that that I also had another character that was shorted than I liked, so I used the barbers on him also, again I thought I had not put him to the correct height, though now I suspect it was a bug. They have stayed that way till the horse's, all my max height characters shrink 4 to 5 inches from max height, they do not shrink any lower than that, they now upon logging out and back in, return to their max height, they have never shrunken any lower than the 4 to 5 inches from max height. I have also noticed that my character that is short grows to the same height as my shrunken characters, but she returns to her normal height after logging out and back in.