The excess xp and current 10x quest exp has trivialized 95% of the game content.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OzzyOsbourne, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Learn to math. Your math is totaly wrong.
    Cant believe I need to come back and correct this.
    So many missconceptions spread by trolls in these forums.
    from 1 to 140, its 54,877,598 exp
    Which can be done in ~6 hours if you are below lvl 100.

Never again will I waste my time in these forums. Trolls everywhere....

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Im guessing they were confusing it with Taming Spec since that number he posted sounds accurate for 1-140 taming spec

Lord Blackthorne likes this.
  3. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Hey Oz - I reported on the numbers provided by Shroudbert on SoTAs discord. I am truly not trying to troll, mate. And this was reporting on Taming which is what I am specc’d in.

I was trying to make a point that a little, temporary bump in XP does not impact the world in such a large way as it is being portrayed.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. Restless

Restless Avatar

You’ve gone beyond exaggeration attempting to prove a point making your argument invalid.

With the current gear availability and crazy amounts of exp I am every melee class, have little trouble soloing anything pve and have a full pvp magic build that even an archer with a bard and air mage cannot handle. This build should not exist and shows the complete imbalance both in exp and gear.

I’ve got to this point with exp not even trying, it just happened. Now imagine what a level 128 pve only fire mage can do. 140 every skill INCLUDING spec (omitting useless fire speed to 125) and not even trying for it, while using double vex wands.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  5. Asbury Baker

Asbury Baker Avatar

I truly despise the 10x (20x) crafting/quest XP. New players can get more producer XP than I can possibly get with my current toon, as I ran through the quest lines early on and tested them. I do not get the 72 million crafting XP and will need to invest thousands of hours gathering resources to catch up with what a new player or toon could do in three days. That is simply not realistic. "So just create a new character!" Yes, I hear that. Like Elrond said, everyone might as well create new characters, one for each producer line. Like Chris says, games should get progressively easier as time goes on, but this was akin to giving new players rocket ships while most people are toodling around bicycles, then telling the dedicated players they don't get a ticket to ride on the rocket ship.

In summary, it was probably a mistake regarding the game economy, and it was definitely a mistake to disadvantage long-time players whose main toon can't catch up to what a new player can do in three days. Bad move.

6. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

It's no different than any other MMO when new xpacs are on the way, they always have catch up mechanics which allow you to be up with the top players very quickly. Ep 2 is effectively this games xpac, now we have a catch up mechanic.

7. HalcyonBoS

HalcyonBoS Avatar

Just a note on behalf of the newer players. I had 4 friends start playing only because of the 10x XP. They felt this mechanic was the only way that allowed them to come close to the 100+ level players.

Now that 10x XP has been off for a while, 3 of them are now hooked and are actively playing. They are only hovering around the 85ish for adventurer and producer levels. I am not taking any sides in this debate, rather I am adding a data point on behalf of the newer players who don't hang around these forums.

Anpu, Bedawyn and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Thanks for the insight Halcyon. I'm genuinely curious about your statement, as I've heard it before. Why do you think the new players feel they need to come close to the 100+ players? Aside from the obvious desire to be as effective as you can be, is there anything else?

While often maligned as exploiters, many of the 100+ players are not and have been here for a LONG time. They've paid their dues to get where they are (often times through horrific setbacks from very bizarre Port/Cat decisions).

I'm glad your friends are hooked and have chosen to stay around. Did the 4th decide that it wasn't worth staying because of the XP drop?

Appreciate your feedback.

Fenris

9. HalcyonBoS

HalcyonBoS Avatar

Hey GMDavros. These are good questions but it may be hard to answer in a post. I will be brief and high-level. Please note that these are thoughts from a small sample.

Question regarding coming close to the high level players: The large XP pool through the quests gave new players flexibility to experiment with different builds. With this general feeling of flexibility towards the beginning of the game, new players didn't have to grind weeks to swap from an archer to an air mage build. This general feeling of an early flexible start, gave them the drive to work towards the 100+ level characters that they see running around the higher level dungeons.

4th friend: The 4th friend actually invested in SOTA years ago as a royal founder but never played more than a few hours upon game launch. When the 10XP came on, this friend (I guess maybe not a new player but a rebound player?) gave the game a shot. Ultimately I don't think it fit his style of gameplay but I am not sure. To answer the direct question, it definitely was not because of the XP drop; the game simply didn't fit his style. Note that he still comes on to play for an hour or two every few weeks as a super casual player.

Happy to answer any question that can help strengthen the community.

Birko, FrostII, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  10. Moleren

Moleren Avatar

Hubiera preferido mil monedas de oro

11. ArthiumX

ArthiumX Avatar

As a new player I am loving this game so far! its definitely what ive been looking for, for a while now.

Curious though, because the XP rates you guys are talking about seem crazy. I only get like 50k xp when i turn in quests on the main quest line it seems. I think the most i have ever gotten was a little over 100k? Im assuming the main quest line is the one that you follow to get your shroud? Im like 1/3 of the way done wiwth that. Just got the vermillion lens or w/e...now i just noticed you need three of those.

Also, ive been playing for a little over 2 weeks now. Definitely had a learning curve. Didnt really start branching out until after the first week. Its been nice to see some gains in my characters strength though so far. Still a lot of stuff i cant kill it seems. My adventure level is 82.

Update -- I think I worded my point poorly - Main question is, is the 10x XP thing still going or did it go back down to a lower rate?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    FrostII and Lained like this.
  12. oplek

oplek Avatar

What sorcery is this. I've been playing for about 4 years, and my two chars are like 87 / 70-something.

That's correct

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The 10x xp was removed a while ago. I think we are now at 2x xp? But not sure.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  14. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

We are at 2X currently and supposedly going away soon. 10X stopped months ago.

ArthiumX and Cordelayne like this.
  15. oplek

oplek Avatar

I thought it had already been dialed back, which puts us at 2x. We went 2x permanently a year or so ago, which meant we were at 4x more recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.