Items sets on player vendors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ysold, Nov 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

A quick question for you folks:
    Is it possible to put a set of items in a small bag (labelled, of course) in a player vendor? Will the customers be able to see what's in the bag before they decide to buy?

Thanks,
    Ysold.

Dollar Bill likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not yet. It's been asked for many many times.

Grimbone, Anpu and Ysold like this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    If they were to change the vendor display to a crown store like interface you could do it. The Crown Store has sets for sale and when you select the set it shows the set on the left and a list of items in it. Don't really need the 3d preview just a list of items in set. Being able to select list view or icon view would be great also.

Anpu and Ysold like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi guys. This is one of my favorite requests. In fact Yesterday I sent @Chris well atos an in game mail message requesting option to sell bags of goods on our vendors.

I feel it would make so much difference in creative tools for us to have and also our vendors could be so much more interesting and competitive.

Imagine the interesting sets players could come up with. Such 5 piece set of carapacian cloth armor, 5 piece oak furniture set, 5 piece song set, and 5 piece ballgown set. Woo hoo.

Please please let this finally happen. We've been requesting it since the beginning of the game. @Chris @Elgarion

Edited

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Wilfred and Xee like this.
  5. Katu

Katu Avatar

"Not yet".
    Imagine a game, that is created around the idea of economy, player market, rmt, wealth, real estate etc and after 6+ years, and realise we still use "Not yet" for a feature that should have been there at the beginning.

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Please keep in mind that when the vendors were first released there was a problem between listing 1 item for sale or a stack of items for sale. That was resolved a long time ago but there is still 2 problems with selling a container of items on the vendors.

1. the mechanics are not there to list a group of items in a container for sale, A stack of the same things is no problem
    2. due to dishonest players there is a concern that if you list a container of things for sale and say that they are 12 artifacts in the container that may not be true and you would not find out until you paid for it.

Fix the preview of contents of a container for sale and sets will not be a problem but this is not as critical as fixing bugs.

7. oplek

oplek Avatar

Maybe the 2021 vision will include putting as much attention into the the vendor system as combat.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes that has always been the argument to keep this from happening. It's been such a waste to keep it from this game. Pointing at a bag should list contents. It doesn't have to be a complicated list. I also think a special bag called a grab bag would be fun with a warning to buy at your own risk. Let's shake it up. There's always been so many worries about economy and fear of exploits. We miss out on so much fun stuff due to this.

Global item search would have spread sales across the whole game but that's taking a while to happen.

We don't need to fear everything. Let some good stuff just happen. We finally got letters. That was a big deal that was said to be held back due to fears of what players would do. It's wonderful for the game imo. The game can always use more of fun stuff.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings majoria70
    I agree with you. this functionally would be great to have and make sales a lot less cumbersome if you could buy a set over 5 different buys to get 1 set. And you may say that the risk is worth it but if you are the one loosing money especially if you are a new player it could possibly be enough to make you leave the game. Lets press the DEVs for the functionally but wait for it to happen.

10. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

In terms of priority, I'd rather they make it possible for people to buy partial stacks first so we can list raw materials in bulk rather than having to break them down into so many listings of different sizes.

Fister Magee likes this.
  11. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

"Not Yet" ... lol

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Have you ever bought a grab bag? I mentioned it as an interesting idea imo only. A special, specific bag not to be confused with regular bags of goods we could sell on our vendors that could show contents when pointed at to avoid scamming someone.

I also don't agree with this not being an important priority to get in the game along with stacks you mentioned. We have been asking for this for years. Selling song sets is most of the songs I have to sell and I can't sell song sets. I have many songs that have 3 to 6 song parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.