Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. iota

iota Avatar

Hi!

I installed SotA about two weeks ago and I would say that SotA is too addicting.
    I'm into both gathering and crafting. I would love to publish in-game book soon as well.

I hope SotA community keep growing in the future.
    Cheers!

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi there @iota! Welcome to New Britannia -- I'm glad you're enjoying your time in the realm :)

Time Lord and iota like this.
  3. FireFrost

FireFrost Avatar

Hi Guys ,
    New here so an introduction , I am FireFrost Epic Mage from days past , Really looking forward to playing , unfortunately I am using the steam platform - I bypassed the betas and kickstarter stuff just because I wasn't sure how the game was gonna turn out and if it would even come to fruition . But glad to see it did . As a newbie I was wondering if there were gonna be in game items we can purchase such as adorable squirrles or maybe other little buddies to follow us around while we are harvesting and ganking those baddies . I saw a few items and stuff associated with the original website but was not sure if I purchased those items and use steam if they would transfer over - and would be good to see how housing and stuff works . Thanks guys
    ~Fire~

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @firefost to the game. Yes we definitely have little friends that can follow us around. To see what you purchased you can go to 'home', 'account', then login to your account and there are tabs showing your purchases. I don't play through steam so I'm not familiar with if you can see your purchases another way. I am Majoria in the game and I'd be happy to help anytime. I have been here since 2013. Also while in game look at the upper right corner of your screen, the last is a treasure chest that should have any rewards you are due. Also check the banks. Send me a friends request anytime in game to ask questions. I accept all friends requests.

Time Lord, Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  5. Elgarion

Welcome FireFrost! Also, another good set of resources is our link list to a plethora of useful and official web locations as well as player created resources: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=59279

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi FireFrost and welcome!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. JamesssssSmith

JamesssssSmith Avatar

nice

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  8. KrimsonTempest

KrimsonTempest Avatar

Howdy all! I've been playing Shroud of the Avatar pretty hardcore for about a month now. I used to play UO many moons ago and have played other mmo's as well. So far I find the community very welcoming and willing to help and guide. I love the versatility of the community as well and it is great to see players focusing on various aspects of the game and I love seeing some of the time that some players have clearly spent on atmospheric immersion right down to well decorated PoTs and events! I have been enjoying the game as a general rule but am very interested in the idea of "tanking" as I've done that in other games and have rather enjoyed the playstyle and teamwork that tends to come about. That being said I find myself unable to locate anyone super knowledgeable about the aggro mechanics of the game and would really like to be educated on them so as I can better level skills that may help, choose correlating specializations and try to further wrap my head around the deck system (which I'll admit I was a little slow to see the light in regards to the versatility of the system until a couple of weeks ago)! If there is anyone that wouldn't mind educating me on these mechanics I'd be indebted!

Thank you,
    KrimsonTempest

Ysold, Nick, Sean Silverfoot and 2 others like this.
  9. Elgarion

Hi there @KrimsonTempest -- welcome to the community! :) I see you mentioned some questions about the deck system above. I've linked 4 very short tutorials made by a community member which are phenominal and really show players the basics of the deck system. You can make it simply and lock all 10 glyphs so the bar behaves like other games, or you can unlock slots for a more dynamic (and MUCH more versatile) approach.

Some skills/items can only go in the non-combat utility bar, some skills/items can go in both the combat and non-combat utility bar, and some skills can only go in the combat bar.

Press K for all your skills, L for all your glyphs and combos and Y for deck building. Experiment with dragging things around, from most of those areas, you can populate your bar directly, or you can adjust inside your deck building interface (Y).

Here are 4 great 2 minute videos to teach you the basics of deck building:

Locked Combat Bar:

Unlocked Combat Bar:

Hybrid Combat Bar:

Combos:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi KrimsonTempest and welcome!
    I hope you'll have a really good time in the game. It might be a good idea for you to find an active guild. That way it is probably easier for you to grow into your role as tank!

Cheers,
    Ysold.

KrimsonTempest likes this.
  11. KrimsonTempest

KrimsonTempest Avatar

@Elgarion thank you very much those videos definitely filled in some of the gaps that I had in regards to deck work and I now have some re-tinkering to do!

@Ysold so far I absolutely love the game and have was recruited into a guild mid month, they have been awesome so far!

Anpu likes this.
  12. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Hello, I am Lilith.

First of all, sorry my poor english.

I am old player of UO, and I've been playing SotA for three months.
    I loved UO and I love SotA. Long time ago, in UO I met my husband and we have been married for eight years, and now we both play SotA.

For now I just want to say hello and thank the community, everyone is very nice.
    Thanks!

13. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Welcome Lilith and husband of Lilith!
    It's nice to see some more old UO players finding their way to us. It's great that you found each other in-game!

Have fun,
    Ysold.

14. Elgarion

Welcome to New Britannia! :)

15. Susy21

Susy21 Avatar

hello everyone!

Ysold likes this.
  16. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi Susy21 and welcome!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here on the forums. The people here are very helpful!

Ysold.

17. JaxsG5

JaxsG5 Avatar

hello, i just started SOTA and love it:)

Ysold, Sean Silverfoot and Elgarion like this.
  18. Elgarion

JaxsG5 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  19. JaxsG5

JaxsG5 Avatar

just subbed monthly, i need to support this amazing world the devs have created:):D

Ysold, Elgarion and majoria70 like this.
  20. thanhan

thanhan Avatar

Hello, i am a new member !

Ysold, Elgarion and Sentinel2 like this.