Kinda upset right now...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteelCore, Nov 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

... i must say i knew it in advance, but i really wanted to extend my player dungeon and it took some hours to add the rooms and connecting it with halways and decorate it.
    But once i switched it back to adventure mode every single spawner is broken and the whole dungeon became useless.

Like i said, i feared this in advance but if you really take this release to look into bugs please take a closer look into the spawn behavior of mobs and pets in player dungeons.

Thank you in advance.

FrostII, Luno and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. Luno

Luno Avatar

I'm sorry for you, but i wouldn't get my hopes high. The dungeon system could have been a game changer but i think it needs more manpower than what they have to fix it.
    I heard that the bug brigade may soon address some of the problems, we'll see

arcdevil and FrostII like this.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

The Player Dungeon system has been slower to move on the bugs due to the extreme challenges of finding solid reproducable issues. I've compiled a detail list of bugs, how they overlap between rooms/spawns/totems, etc. and am working on it daily (it is challenging). We're on a push now to get many dungeon issues going - though more likely in December than November. It is coming though. :)

Wilfred, Xee, Fister Magee and 6 others like this.
  4. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I feel your pain. Is the whole dungeon slow to spawn or is absolutely not spawning it at all? I will say from experience with dozens of spawning rooms per dungeon that first run through the dungeon takes a bit of time to get all of the rooms to spawn completely, but if you keep running it, the spawns happen and I can run a lot of fully spawned rooms, but it's a little odd that first 10 minutes or so.

I build "tracks" so you run from point a to point z then z drops you off at the start of a, which helps you enter rooms that have had time to respawn. It's not the only way to do it, but that's my method.

Certainly, I have not figured out all of the tricks involved. It's odd, but I have gotten used to this unusual behavior early in the dungeon instance. I'm overall very happy with my setups. I'd love to get past the quirks, but the rooms have some interesting behavior (slow first spawn, late spawning bosses).

I adventure almost exclusively in my dungeons. It's an expensive hobby for sure. I wish they'd fix that. My dungeons cost me more than a town sized PoT and that is just comically bad. It's hard to make dungeons and only whales can pursue it. You have to purchase everything off of other players, there's no hope in hell a single player could make a decent sized adventure dungeon with top tier (level 3 to 6) spawners. I mean a tier 6 totem is 25,600 essence and essence costs 150 - 800 per meaning a single totem can cost 3.8 million to 20.4 million gold.

I have a 24 room troll dungeon. If I wanted to add another room the cost of adding 40 more points that's nearly 1 million gold now LOL - just to put the next room in the dungeon. That's not the cost of the room or the totem just adding the points to the dungeon ha ha ha

SotA maffs.

5. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I'm excited they are spending some time on dungeons now, but I am not confused why they haven't in the past. If you review the API (which is dead now), they never made more than $4,000 on dungeon accessories. It definitely helped the in-game economy, since you have to do a LOT of trade with other players to get all the items you need to make a dungeon.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  6. oplek

oplek Avatar

That's seriously still down? You'd think supporting their fan sites would be a higher priority.

arcdevil and that_shawn_guy like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

They really had no one to work on them at a steady on going task. Now that Ravalox and the bug brigade are going to be working and testing it in further detail things should start working better. I have faith it will get better if not resolved.

FrostII and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Player Dungeon testing is on the top of my list, as I'm sure others, once the testing directives come out. :)

FrostII and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Agree completely.... ;)

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Its back up since yesterday, they had to rebuild it completely which caused the delays.

Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  11. oplek

oplek Avatar

Great, but that should have been a day, not a month. That's not even getting into why it had to be "rebuilt"... for something that sounds like a microservice. The setup for a new run of the mill server image should have been maybe a couple hours, if it was complex.

Mr. B Patrick was saying on another thread that people should help by donating dev efforts. Fan sites are that. Fan sites are a large portion of their online presence for gaining/retaining players. It should have been a drop-everything-and-put-out-the-fire moment.

If anything, I've pushed the idea that they should expand their services to include information dumps on zones, quests, etc, so that there's more extensibility to those fan sites. But they seem to have taken bizarre approaches that skyrocket maintenance efforts and plummet fault tolerance through the floor.

arcdevil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.