How much should I sell 2Mil Craft Exp for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Time Lord, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

How much should I sell 2Mil Craft Exp for o_O?

So, to be clear, I'm not trying to sell it "yet" (?), "but I could", and now wonder what someone should have to pay for such a thing :D

2,000,000 crafting exp?

This is not any sort of hack on the program so...
    [​IMG]

Would something like that even in demand o_O?
    Whacha' Tink? :cool:~Time Lord~

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Rentier likes this.
  2. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

Not sure it would go for much, 2 mil is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. I let friends harvest my crops, and the XP from that is usually 5-6mil a harvest (when the farm is running non stop - thats a couple mil XP from planting, and another 5-6ish from harvesting - so 8+ mil a day) It is a large time investment, but the xp is well worth it.

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Agriculture as a Party Activity... "SOTA the Agriculture MMO"
    Thanks @Pifester , this is exactly what I'm talking about. I've been trying to think of ways which to integrate my agriculture into a barter chain of relationships.

I could just continue to grow crops and sell them to NPC or specialty crops for further craft'able products as a single player, yet I'm looking into bartering opportunities, of which there seems little available to offer for any player to player barter.

There just seems no demand, present or future for large crops, thus I'm looking at anything more player engaging for such crops to be able to satisfy another player's needs or desires.
    This is certainly true!
    I could continue to inch-up my own crop skills or save-up for other crafting gains, but I could do that off-line, which defeats the need for playing "SOTA the Agriculture MMO".
    What are they doing with that exp? What's the good motive?

If I don't find any other bartering product than exp, I will most likely begin distilling and storage, but even in that, the end game seems to mostly fall into the hands of the NPC buyer, which again defeats the need for playing "SOTA the Agriculture MMO".

I'm searching for a more meaningful MMO chain of possibilities other than my current one.
    ~TL~

Aldo and Rentier like this.
  4. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

Hmmm, the Farming Co-Op. I have resources available to me that have taken me a lot of time to accumulate. Mainly a town and a lot of deeds. Some of the deeds I was lucky enough to get a few years ago in the lottery, others purchased for other players, but I have enough deeds to make a large farming area. Most players dont have those kind of resources available to them. I set them up as farms, since I can and do go through a LOT of farming resources on a weekly basis.
    You would be surprised. Garlic, Mandrake sell in large quantities. Cotton and apples are good cash crops - Cotton is annoying, since you can never tell if you watered it, apples - lots of time between watering - so its more forgivable. Pumpkins - also can be decent, especially if you are looking for that 3.5 and bigger with your name on it. They also sell to the right player.

What I do: I have the farms set up, I have the seeds and water available. So far, all of this is on my dime. If anyone wants to practice farming, I will friend them to the lot, they can use my resources, and all I ask - plant/water the crops so there is no missed watering cycles, and I get the end result. What they get: access to a farm to see if its is something they might be interested in doing without spending anything, as well as the exp from running it. What I get: resources, and saved time.

Cons: If someone really wanted to, they could wipe out the inventory on the farms they have access to. I would be out seeds and water, and have another name to add to the ban list (which I would hate to do)

Producer XP is a pain to get. There are ways to do it, just not nearly as good as a Producer version of ERG. I can do a mentoring with anyone that wants to farm, they can harvest the crop (gaining the xp while gaining harvest plants - they can lock it once its GM) Then turn around and gain watering/planting to GM. It is a fairly quick process, but anyone that farms large areas for any length of time will want to raise all of those skills higher eventually.

One tactic, even one that I do at times, is use farming as a XP sink. I will farm for a few days/weeks, and get my farming skills to 120-130-140, then decide it is time to work on something better. Use a scroll of unlearning (get a quick 100-150mil in the producer pool) then go enchanting for example. After getting the agriculture skills back to GM real fast (takes less than 20 plants usually). A huge pool like that helps to cut down the cost of Gold and Silver ingots when you are working enchanting/masterworking up. Can be the difference in 20-30 attempts to gain a level(100-150 ingots), or 40-50-60 attempts to go up a level (a lot more ingots).

There is more, but I have to stop now, gotta get back on the road.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Rentier, Time Lord, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Well, a book of learning, rare sells for 9995 gold to 16000 gold. The book has from 30,000 to 50,000 producer and adventure experience points. However there have been only 8 total sales in quite awhile. I sell mine at 5000 gold the last three sold within a week. My sales are not included in the range, because I don't think my vendor is tracked.

Time Lord and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I have a underground Holdfast (The Time Tunnel) which has only two residence, yet is full to capacity with tax free lots which are all dedicated to my mega-farm. I don't pack them with planters, I space the planters where it's easy (stress free watering) to manage. I had some connection issues when I packed them full of planters, and not to mention water checking issues in dealing with so many. I just finished purchasing the final 5 village lots and am currently taking my time setting those up with planters (RL issues interfering with my playtime :) ). It was one of my personal goals to accumulate enough to make an agriculture living hell :D I've gotten to where I don't want any more agriculture to attend to. With the 2 farming lots I have in Wizard's Rest, I have a 12600 m* of planting to attend to.
    With the spacing out of the planters, my final capacity will be 6300 plants. "Someday" I may try packing all the planters I can into my lots which would most likely almost double that number, but I think it would make it even more of a hellish nightmare to attend to... which does seem like a challenge I'd like to take on, but never on a full time basis!
    I did maximize all my lot's planting ability for the Trophy Pumpkins. I think I remember getting 6 of the really big ones. I gave them away to friends I needed to barter back at for things they've done for me, the rest I gave away in exchange for some future good bartering when I need something they can make/tame or provide.
    Gold really does not interest me because I'm SOTA Pledge/Store Rich, but bartering does :D I like bartering! "A friend in need is a friend indeed! :D I just need something more to barter with :( LOL...
    I grow coconuts :) mostly because they have no size issues that make watering problems as cotton does and it's (I think) the easiest plant to make certain it was watered.
    That's an interesting exchange.
    Good base line in comparisons. This is the closest comparison thus far. It does however seem more convenient than the "harvest for Exp exchange".

Of all of the above, two of these issues stand out to me...

• The Trophy Pumpkins were a success! (Great addition to our game Developers!) Pumpkins as a crop were a total loser, great waist of time in profits before the Trophies. Now Pumpkins are a great seasonal decoration item. They are still not a preferable crop to spend my agriculture time on "at any other time", but with the addition of the Trophies during Halloween season, I'm happy to have grown quite allot of them, "as they were a great bartering crop!" I gained one bartering friend who said that I could ask them for anything they could tame for me, if ever I do want something tame. That means much more to me than any amount of gold, as gold is truly just a fancy name for dirt off of monsters.
    • A "Book of Learning"... a book of learning is close to an RP blasphemy of course, very point based mercenary as if our world of SOTA is a computer program, but it's point based mercenary properties are wrapped up into a book of learning, which does transform those points into an RP acceptable product, which does very closely compare with the "Harvest for Exp Exchange" (aka, the OP of the thread).
    The way ahead? (Possibilities is Success, or things I'd like to see)...

The Trophy Pumpkins being such a success;

• Infestations... I'd like to see a "Great Apple Full of Inchworms". Maybe a single type of worm so there would be the possibility for other crops which have low worth to provide such a infestation unique to themselves. Other Examples... a Hopper infested Corn, Carrot full of Grubworms or Lettuce full of Earthworms. With such "rare/s" to be by chance grown, then by chance and for chance we farmers may be more motivated to grow them with a ready marketing demand from fisherman. (Speaking of fish, I'd like to see fish being used as crop fertilizer, so they don't just end up going into the hands of an NPC... but I'd also like to see poop gathered through the gathering skill, both of these having the effect of increasing the likelihood of agriculture harvesting more "Great Apple Full of Inchworms" or other like/similar "Trophies of agriculture".
    • Trophy Coconuts with special "Coconut Horse Abelites", such as a slight increase in speed, carrying capacity, or even "unique rhythm" (sound) or unique color, possibly able to dye them. Just about any unique quality would do.
    A Book of Learning?... "A Farmer's Almanac?"
    • Why not a Farmers Almanac where a farmer (or any craftsman) could decide to place that day's work into a book while they craft or harvest, essentially making a Book of Learning? (Hmm... I'm most likely now asking for miracles in programing from our developers, but that's really nothing new for me to do, because it's always easier in the asking :D)
    If our agriculture efforts are ever to get out of being just NPC sell items or player purchased, then I think we must have a barter circle in desirable products to drag us away as much as possible from gold. I want Dragon Poop and a reason to want it for. I want all sorts and manner of poop. "Fertilizers When?"

I do hope that others have suggestions on what to do with all these crops.

"Bio Fuel for a Space Cannon?"
    [​IMG]
    Maybe too hopeful me tinks' :p~TL~

Rentier likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Pumpkins were something that was constantly growing in Reeds Glen, before the trophies, because Pumpkins make dye, and dye is good experience when processed!

Anyways, TL, I was wondering, how would this process work? I would potentially like to get such a service to acquire easy producer experience. I need just a few M exp to be able to make all my armor needs on my own, but I am not ready to spend countless hours down in the mines. If you just want me to harvest your crops after you bothered with the watering cycles, that would make the whole getting the exp much better IMO.

Rentier, Pifester and Time Lord like this.
  8. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

If you ever need work done to gear - enchant/masterwork, or even gear made from scratch, hit me up. I can make everything, and my masterworking/enchanting are all pretty high. I'm fine with doing work for resources.

Rentier, Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: Migrant Work Available :cool:!'

That is the basic scheme of things :) I was going through a harvest cycle, when a passing friend of mine enquired to how much EXP was gained from harvesting such a large crop, I told them and they said "Wow!" So, I knew then that someone somewhere may need such a thing, and in my case, I don't really need the EXP and can always get it if I ever do need it.

My own motive comes from a lack of Coconut Travel :( which was my primary mode of transport when overloaded with my harvest :D

Much like @Pifester describes here, it could work quite nicely :)

You have to promise not to unionize, go on strike or demand fare wages o_O @Violet Ronso , but if you're interested, I'll let you know when my next harvest is ready to be picked :D then we'll set up a special Time Tunnel work visa with the immigration officials :confused: and you can become a Time Tunnel migrant worker in no time! :cool:

:) Such a thing happened in one of The Time Tunnel's TV episodes... sort of o_O...
    [​IMG]

Sounds like a plan ;) Gold is really boring! :p~TL~

Rentier and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.