Of Release Cycles and Testing Practices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaeshiva, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You might not have noticed this yet @TaiKee Vetrae but the new QA forums, now called Player Test Environment (QA Server) are now up. And this seems now to be a permanent forum (it's no longer moved when a release happens).

Currently you can make bug reports and feedback and these posts will be housed there. From what I can guess, this will now serve as a basic repository for game issues (bugs). And Ravalox has been doing a great job in adding issues there to assigned JIRA numbers. So at least hopefully, some of these issue will get looked at or possibly fixed. So you can right now, head off there and start reporting things, if you want (I have been).

I'm sure that Ravalox is probably going to be making a post on how this new Player Test Environment will be and what the intent and purpose of it is, and what they want and need from us. I'm just waiting for that post, and totally get they are all busy. I'm a patient guy.

I DO know that Ravalox would like people who are having those Decoration issues (this is only happening to some people), to check on QA right now and see if that is fixed. It should be. I sadly do not have this issue so cannot check that.

2. Numa

Numa Avatar

IMO this was the perfect time for such a post, it just happened that it was @kaeshiva who made the post and did it well.

Sometimes timing is everything.

3. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Same issues, different day. Do we really think that things will change?

4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Change is always a possibility. Sometimes intentional. Sometimes accidental.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

We should probably stick to the thread topic, and keep that discussion going.

6. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

As one of the quiet, non-guildie, mostly solo, non min-maxer players, I just want to add that I totally agree with @kaeshiva’s post and appreciate the constructive way it was written.

I’d also like to add that imo the team could do away with all the hours of live streams that seem to have 5 mins of interesting content, no gameplay examples, and no focus - and instead use some of those hours to craft/edit a single weekly 20 min max video that stays tight on a topic, or provides updates/news, or “how to” videos on some of the more complex systems. (less about fishtanks, allergies, prize winners, and daycare and more about the game, the designers, and the work.) otherwise, I would suggest just do away with those videos altogether and spend the time in game with players playtesting systems. (I also don’t think the fishing system needs any more livestreamed playtesting)

I enjoy the world that you have built and especially look forward to polished additions of some of the systems like “ink” that may allow for fun, meaningful player content.

Rinaldi, Superbitsandbob and Elgarion like this.
  7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

WOW! This is like a guide to a successful MMO or Live Service Game... :D

8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

And here we are.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.