1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 71849] POT teleporter entrance setting is confusing

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Raven Swiftbow, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

11/07/2020 12:57
    Title: Using a POT teleporter does not put you at the POT default entrance chosen by the POT owner
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    - Tazar has placed a POT teleporter which goes from Flowing Waters Forest to Duanor and also from Falling Waters Fortress to Duanor.

- Whichever one I take puts me at Entrance #1 to Duanor, despite the fact that from the first day I had the POT I chose the Central location as the "default entrance" to the town. But it puts me at Entrance #1.
    (This concerned me enough that during the recent fishing contest which took place in Duanor, I placed a bulletin board at Entrance #1 to make certain fisher-people would see my posts welcoming them to the town and advertising that I also had a quest in the town.)

- If I teleport to the POT using a teleport scroll, it actually pops up with the menu which shows all of the entrances-locations I have "discovered." So that part of it works! But I wish the wagons would at least put players at the default entrance I have chosen.

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Go to Falling Waters Fortress or Flowing Waters Forest (close to the docks for both POTs) and look for a blue wagon teleporter which will take you to Duanor.
    - Use the teleporter.

And apologies, if this is a known bug. I had not reported it earlier because I thought it was a known bug, but I didn't see it when I scanned through the forums.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32590
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8011
    SotA.Win.64.1309.Date.11.06.20
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
    Area Display Name: Duanor
    Loc: (-277.1, 46.6, 303.9)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgtMjc3LjExNSwgNDYuNTU0LCAzMDMuOTIpfCgwLCAtMC43MTEsIDAsIDAuNzAzKXwyNzAuMzcyOXwzOC4xOTkxOHwyLjEzMjM4Mw==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Raven Swiftbow, i do not think this is a bug. when someone places a pot teleporter, they get to choose not just the scene, but the entrance. ask tazar to change where that teleporter points.

3. Raven Swiftbow

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Raven Swiftbow

Um, @Alley Oop - I just looked at the teleporters that *I* have in Duanor that go to Falling Waters And Flowing Waters - it doesn't give me any option as to "where" I would land in those towns. So @Tazar - you're off the hook, I suppose! But when you use one of these teleporters, it should put you at whatever location the POT owner set as the default, shouldn't it? (Still new at all this POT stuff....)

5. Alley Oop

@Raven Swiftbow that is odd. perhaps you haven't discovered those entrances? i think there may have been a recent reset on them when they added the teleporters.

[​IMG]

6. Raven Swiftbow

I have discovered all of those places. You have been all over Duanor - take the wagon from there to Duano and see where it puts you - and there are no options that I have seen. Perhaps I'm bugged!

7. Alley Oop

@Raven Swiftbow oh no, it's not picked by the person using the teleporter. it's picked when the owner right clicks the teleporter to set the destination. if i use the wagon from fwf to duanor, i won't get a choice, i'll go where tazar set it. perhaps HE didn't have the points discovered when he set it.

8. Raven Swiftbow

When I right click on a teleporter that I have in Duanor - which goes to Falling Waters - it only gives me the option to change what town it points to. It doesn't give me *any* option to set the location it points to in Falling Waters. So I'm sure it must be the same for Tazar - it does not give you the option to choose where you 'land' in the destination. Which, if it isn't going to give you the option of where you are going to land, I would think that at the very least, it would land you at the default entrance which the POT owner has chosen. But it doesn't do that.

9. Alley Oop

my screenshot was of me chossing which location in fwf to set my boat teleporter to. perhaps this is a problem with a specific teleporter, or perhaps you have not re-learned those points since the known entrances reset i mentioned above. have you been there, to various entrances there, this release?

10. Raven Swiftbow

Aye, perhaps it's just a 'wagon' problem.

11. Raven Swiftbow

Alrighty! Apparently there *is* a way to set the "landing location" of the town you choose - but to do it you have to (1) choose the town and then (2) click on "teleport" - and it was that "teleport" part of it which was tripping me up.

To test this out, I set a wagon I have in Duanor to go to Falling Waters Fortress - but I didn't click "teleport" because I didn't want to "teleport to Falling Waters just that moment." It would probably help clear up the confusion if it said something other than "teleport" - perhaps "choose destination" - since that's what the menu says when you click "teleport"?

12. Alley Oop

verified, putting in for possible button rename.

13. Alley Oop

hey @DavidDC, is something you could knock out quick?

14. Laney

Laney Support Staff Moderator SOTA Developer

Submitted: Issue 71849