1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Dev Review] Game Crashes in Crafters Town by Blue Dragon Statue at Dock

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by addrox, Apr 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addrox

addrox Avatar

Someone with AMD rig please test ... if i had another i would do it myself. hehe

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@addrox Is this still happening for you?

3. addrox

addrox Avatar

Yes but it happens around that area ... close to statue ... and to the vendors right next to it. Unsure what causes the issue.

4. Echondas

Sounds like it's some kind of race condition with assets loading but specific to AMD cards, since I can't repro it with my Nvidia 1070. I'll bring it to @Ravalox 's attention . so hopefully someone with an AMD card can try and reproduce it. I had a similar issue with Rift's End, and ultimately Chris was able to find what specific asset was doing it and implement a workaround in the code. IIRC he mentioned on a livestream recently about occasional issues with this still happening -- I believe it's a Unity bug. Here's the thread if you're curious and also to potentially help the developers:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...end-when-resume-game-at-this-location.163099/

addrox likes this.
  5. addrox

addrox Avatar

Thank you. As long as someone is looking at it. And I agree it must be some asset's failure to load. Anywhere else in crafters town seems to be fine. Seems the asset is somewhere in that area. Not necessarily on the dock or the group of vendors closest to Dragon.

Thank You

Echondas likes this.
  6. Echondas

@addrox Try launching the game client with the following argument:
    -force-gfx-jobs off

ex:
    Shroud of the Avatar.exe -force-gfx-jobs off

Mentioned in this thread - it will reduce performance but might help isolate the issue.

7. addrox

addrox Avatar

@Echondas Thank you for getting back to me so quickly ill do my best to do the same

I tried:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar>Shroud of the Avatar.exe -force-gfx-jobs off
    'Shroud' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

And i notice the issue for me is 100% reproducible more so when i go towards the portal right above the doc there are like some NPCs there and a christmas tree ... i crash instantly there

8. addrox

addrox Avatar

Snap I just noticed I can place arguments in the launcher ... let me try again!

So should i post this entire command or just the argument in the launcher options?

or

-force-gfx-jobs off

9. addrox

addrox Avatar

Ok in the launcher options I did the below 2. Both didnt matter i crashed instantly. Any by instantly i mean since i crashed in the spot when i log in i get insta crashed again since im facing/lookin at the spot that crashes me. I tried in steam and out of steam.

-force-gfx-jobs off
    and

So next to the Blue dragon on docks if i look towards, at, or go to the NPCs labeled:

Dungeon Mart
    Dungeon Tool Expert

I get a Unity crash box and it just freezes everything up.

10. Echondas

@addrox thanks for trying several ways and using the launcher option also -- if you're going to launch it from the start/run menu, try:
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe" -force-gfx-jobs off

Guessing it still won't work, since the method you used in the launcher 'should' work .. but worth a try. The more info the devs have the better.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Xee Since you also have an AMD card, can you see if this happens to you as well?

12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I have Nvidia :)

Anpu likes this.
  13. addrox

addrox Avatar

Also ... just happened ... everytime i just go into Mynwent town ... i insta crash ... i see the oracle ... the board ... and it crashes. There might be something that kicks AMD cards butts here. dunno.

14. addrox

addrox Avatar

Also this happens in Immortal City when I access their crafting lot. Tried it on MAX graphics and lowest graphics. Both gave same outcome. Sadly I love immortal city.

15. Echondas

@addrox Chris updated to a slightly newer version of Unity this release -- hoping this crash is no longer happening for you?

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I have been seeing more crashes in Silverdale Market this last release which has that all of a sudden frame rate decrease than eventual crash. it had gotten better than this last release came back again.

17. addrox

addrox Avatar

Same seems now when I just log into Crafters Town I get crashed. Before I crashed only in certain areas of the town (and other towns). And before that (whatever fix was done) I used to crash upon logging into Crafters Town. So technically we are back to the initial issue I had months ago where I am 100% unable to access crafters town at all.

I get error 2018.4.30f1_c698a062d8e6

18. addrox

addrox Avatar

Also just checked I crash when going into Immortal City. Main Dock. I run up to the main gate. open Gate and start walking in. I think something there crashes me as well. Unsure if its some deco or something loading in at that first house past the main gate. House on the right with the word DYES written on the side of it with Christmas lights. Same error as mentioned above.

19. Echondas

Going to mark for dev review. I can't repro it personally, and I know Chris is paying attention to the crash rates based on watching his livestream and him showing the chart visual. I was hoping the recent Unity upgrade fixed this issue but apparently not ..

20. addrox

addrox Avatar

Also I am running updated drivers for my Vega 56 (version 20.12.1 released 12/4/2020)

Anpu and Echondas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.