1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68156] Dark Bayou Oracle interaction spot moved

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations & NPCs' started by AoiBlue, Oct 31, 2020.

1. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

10/31/2020 04:53
    Title:Oracle here buggy
    Reproduction Rate: Unknown (Will retry after next relog if not confirmed)
    Blocker? No
    Details: The interaction point on this oracle confirmatory is lower than usual, and your avatar will walk in circles talking to it.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to this oracle at the specified location and try to talk to it.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 32111
    GPU: Radeon RX 5500 XT (NAVI14, DRM 3.40.0, 5.4.0-52-generic, LLVM 11.0.0) GPU RAM: 8006
    SotA.Linux.64.1300.Date.10.29.20
    Area: POT_swampisland_metropolis_01_template/Dark Bayou
    Area Display Name: Dark Bayou
    Loc: (125.8, 13.2, -127.5)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1waXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RGFyayBCYXlvdXwoMTI1Ljc2OCwgMTMuMjA3LCAtMTI3LjQ3OSl8KDAsIC0wLjQ1NiwgMCwgLTAuODkpfDc3NC41OTMzfDE3Ljg2Mzd8NC43Mjk5OQ==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

half-verified. the interaction area has been moved down to the pedestal below the head, but my avatar does not have any pathing issues when using it.

i note that the interaction area has NOT moved on the confirmatory in stinging tree hollow: this may be a problem with the reported template or that area within the template rather than with the item itself.

Area: Stinging Tree Hollow (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow) Loc: (51.318, 44.688, -9.44) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCg1MS4zMTgsIDQ0LjY4OCwgLTkuNDQpfCgwLCAwLjI5OSwgMCwgLTAuOTU0KXwtMzQuMzA2MjF8MTcuMTk4MjZ8MTg=

Anpu likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #68156

4. Sannio

@AoiBlue , are you still having a problem moving into position for the Oracle? I was just in Dark Bayou and initiated a conversation with the Oracle several times and never had any issue, so I wonder if the issue has resolved itself.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The interaction area is also moved down in the conservatory in Whyte Roc:

[​IMG]

Area in red cannot be selected. Area in Green can be selected. Wasn't sure to add it here, or make a new report.

11/09/2020 17:28
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1309.Date.11.06.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Whyte Roc
    Area Display Name: Whyte Roc
    Loc: (119.8, 38.2, 117.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFdoeXRlIFJvY3woMTE5LjgwMiwgMzguMTk0LCAxMTcuMDY3KXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgLTAuMDExKXwxNjAuMDM2MXwzLjcyNDAxNXwxMS43MjA3OA==

AoiBlue likes this.
  6. Sannio

I see the issue now. I checked all 3 of your POTs. The first two were fine but Whyte Roc had the reported problem. The "selection area has dropped" issue seems to be that sometimes the Oracle (which is a special NPC) spawns back into her wall a slight bit. It seems like displacement could happen any time the Oracle spawns, and could correct itself the next time she spawns. And when she spawns off-center, she's pushed slightly back into the wall and into collision that exists above the platform she "floats" over.

If you look at this image, you can see the Oracle's "neck" pieces correctly reaching into the platform holes while Whyte Roc's show she's pushed back. In fact, when I went behind the Whyte Rock confirmatory I saw her head was clipping through the building.

[​IMG]

The Oracle in the confirmatory has a special method of spawning required for POTs. I don't have control over it, so a programmer will need to look into it.

AoiBlue, Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  7. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Yep, Sannio and Anpu perfectly described the bug.

Sannio likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This has been seen fixed in 1333 for both Whyte Roc and Dark Bayou. The Oracles head is now properly aligned in the Oracle Confirmatory for both locations:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

01/17/2021 21:35
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1333.Date.01.10.21
    Area: POT_swampisland_metropolis_01_template/Dark Bayou
    Area Display Name: Dark Bayou
    Loc: (127.6, 13.2, -126.2)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1waXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RGFyayBCYXlvdXwoMTI3LjYzMiwgMTMuMTg3LCAtMTI2LjIxMil8KDAsIDAuNjkzLCAwLCAwLjcyMSl8NDY1Ljk3OTd8MzUuOTUzODJ8MTUuMjczODM=

Sannio likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

how often? this was an issue that can randomly occur any time the oracle spawns. i don't think seeing it correct once means it's fixed, especially as this one isn't marked fix needs testing.

Anpu likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok crap. I only checked once. But this was showing broken for me, every time I entered Whyte Rock. But when I entered last night it was fine the first time.

Later I can try several times to see if I spot it happening.

11. Alley Oop

don't spend time on it. i checked with ravalox. this number is still open.

Anpu likes this.