1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

DRAFT: Release 84 Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

2. Elgarion

Keep in mind, the POT section isn't quite done yet -- I'll knock that out in the morning :)

3. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

"to include additional patterns and and new appearances" One too many ands.
    "to properly align the reigns" there is no g in reins.

Elgarion likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a problem. the halberd of the sun never got its own appearance to begin with, it's using the appearance of the indignant vile halberd with purple tinting and extra fx. it even still has indigno's symbol on the blade. unless someone has made an entirely new appearance for the halberd of the sun, it should not be giving a pattern.

[​IMG]

...and cannibal stew.

these are the same item. those artifacts are the breach boss loot.

please use a new map of the hidden vale: the names in yellow were updated several releases ago and shouldn't be highlighted anymore.

StarLord and Elgarion like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just want to know who would salvage a Xen Penetrator for a pattern? [​IMG]

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

You'd think a Halberd of the Sun would glow with a yellow or white light instead of purple.

Elgarion, Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Uhhh... no... what? I never considered that, of course not!

Elgarion likes this.
  8. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Hehe, if you fail the MW/Enchants on one, it would be nice for it to have some purpose.

I agree that the Halberd of the Sun shouldn't drop a pattern though, since it's a(n enhanced) version of a pre-existing rare pattern already. All those folks that worked up the nerve to salvage a cabalist weapon and actually got the pattern to drop off it might feel somewhat slighted.

Good stuff overall though, really excited about the changes to make mez more interesting. And holy crap, someone coughElgarioncough has been busy with deco/recipes/conversationalists!

Elgarion and Girlsname like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Fair enough but can't you also combine it with four of it's piers for a more powerful artifact, even if it's durability has been blasted?
    Your excited that creatures are more resistant to mesmerize?

Elgarion likes this.
  10. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Fair enough, it's unlikely that many folks are overflowing with epics in an unusable state. That said, there are also a few folks who would pay more than an uncommon Xen bows costs, just to have cooler looking gear. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.

For sure excited about the mez though. A buddy and I were able to two-man the Breach with an average adventure level under 130, folks in the 120s can solo Upper Tiers, you can go to Sanctus Spine and mez the entire control point. It's easy enough to choose not to use it in solo play or parties with friends, but in pickup groups in the Breach and things like that it's the default. It robs that zone of so much potential for strategy and legitimate challenge in my opinion. And that's to say nothing of what the flood of artifacts off those daemons will do to the market. I've seen a number of 100k Vrul hearts in trade chat already.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Got it. I don't use mesmerize myself. I tend to try to find ways (including buffs and debuffs) that just make my archery more effective.

Elgarion likes this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Like Coswald said, much of the late game content was nearly trivialize with how Mezmerize worked. The Bard song laid a mez totem that would refresh the Mez effect every 2 seconds or so, so unless you applied Damage Over Time like poison, bleed or fire, the mob would stay in place pretty much until you decided to fight him, so what we did in the Breach was pick a target, pull him away from the group, and take care of it, rinse and repeat. Took us a while to clear the breach, but we got 2 accidental deaths from the Earth Elemental's spells and that was it, so if mobs now resist mez effects to a degree, The Breach will become very very hard and thus the risk vs reward might be just perfect there.

Barugon, Elgarion and Girlsname like this.
  13. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

But can we pattern artifacts yet?

:C

I swear to all the Novian gods I will pattern a Halberd of the Sun, with a Halberd of the Sun.

14. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

That's too easy to be considered

Elgarion likes this.
  15. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I would love to be able to pattern artifacts. Love. Thanks for all the hard work @Elgarion - the game is awesome.

Yigg Endimion and Violet Ronso like this.
  16. Elgarion

Thanks for the input guys! I'll get all the suggestions reviewed and necessary adjustments made. As for the Halberd of the Sun -- good point :) I'll see about tweaking it a little more to make it look a little more unique but keeping some of its current allure.

17. Elgarion

Oh yes -- I would too :) I'll look into this shortly :)

Gia2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.