1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67911] deco pets do not wander basement or dungeon

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Alley Oop, Feb 15, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

02/15/2020 18:06
    Title: deco pets do not wander basement
    Reproduction Rate: one i tested, one other report
    Blocker? no
    Details: i saw this
    and wanted to test whether it was a problem with the broom or with the basement. the answer is neither: i placed a broom and a white duck in my one-story village mine basement and neither one wanders. a tamed wolf and an earth elemental can, though, it's only a problem with pets placed as deco, whether set to patrol or follow.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 24003
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.Linux.64.1119.Date.02.11.20
    Area: BasementCaveVillage_1Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Mine 1-Story Basement
    Loc: (9.8, 5.0, 12.3)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRDYXZlVmlsbGFnZV8xRmxvb3J8fCg5LjgzNCwgNC45OTUsIDEyLjI1NSl8KDAsIC0wLjk5OCwgMCwgLTAuMDU1KXwtNTM2LjE4NTl8NDYuOTI4MzZ8MTg=

Bedawyn, Numa and Anpu like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Thanks @Alley Oop ! Heres to hoping my broom will one day sweep my basement!

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  3. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

The spawner pets aren't wandering in dungeons anymore either.

Serenia likes this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

05/16/2020 21:55
    Title: Animal Spawners can't move in basements
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Animal spawners can't move in basements- they just stand there.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place animal spawners in my basement.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1207.Date.05.15.20
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_Arena
    Area Display Name: Village Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (34.2, 5.0, 22.9)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlX0FyZW5hfHwoMzQuMTg5LCA1LjAyOSwgMjIuODczKXwoMCwgMC43MDcsIDAsIDAuNzA3KXwtMjExLjk5OTJ8MjQuOTM1NTh8MS43MzY3NTg=

Serenia likes this.
  5. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

05/26/2020 13:59
    Title: Spawnable pets not able to move around in dungeon rooms
    Blocker? no
    Details: Spawnable pets are only able to move around in the dungeon foyer, not any of the rooms. I have several of the Animal Spawner, Calico Cats placed in various rooms in my dungeon. Only the one in the foyer is able to move around, all the rest are just always sitting on the spawner bowl object.
    Steps to Reproduce: Log in, move bowls around, log out, log in, move bowls again, etc, etc
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32628
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series GPU RAM: 4071
    SotA.Win.64.1207.Date.05.15.20
    Area: PlayerDungeon_GreenBrickFoyer_3Connections
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (55.6, -4.9, 3.4)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9HcmVlbkJyaWNrRm95ZXJfM0Nvbm5lY3Rpb25zfHwoNTUuNTY4LCAtNC45NSwgMy40MTMpfCgwLCAtMC44NzcsIDAsIDAuNDgpfDQ2NC4yNTA4fDQzLjUxNjAzfDIuMjE=

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

07/23/2020 12:12
    Title: Deco pets don't work fully in basements
    Blocker? No
    Details: deco pets in basements don't move, they just stand there
    Steps to Reproduce: Observe deco pets in basement
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1253.Date.07.17.20
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_Arena
    Area Display Name: Village Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (32.0, 5.0, 12.4)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlX0FyZW5hfHwoMzIuMDMsIDUuMDMxLCAxMi40MTgpfCgwLCAtMSwgMCwgMC4wMDIpfDE4MS4xNDE3fDIzLjIzMzY5fDEuNjgwMDA1

7. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

@Justyn This is still broken. Can't tell if this is being worked on yet? No notes on the title.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. Justyn

Serenia likes this.
  9. Justyn

@Serenia we are going to combine this with a bug for the same thing that has already been submitted. Leaving this here for a day or two so you know to follow the other thread: HERE

10. Serenia

Serenia Bug Hunter

ok, thanks :)

11. Wyrmbeard

Wyrmbeard Avatar

sooooooo.... did this not get fixed? and they still sell the pets in the store? i just bought one and found out they don't work in basements nor dungeons.... so it was a waste of money?

i bought the siamese cat spawner in the store... it was on sale... and i can't use it because i'm not a governor or Stewart? It says in the description that it can be used in basements and dungeons.... and they are still selling this to us on sale and it doesn't work???

i'm more than just a little upset...... why are they still selling it if it doesn't work... i feel like the game just ripped me off....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  12. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

We have just recently re-organized our bug intake process and are making our way through everything on the forums. I have created issue# 67911 for this after testing it myself.

For added information, could you reply back with which basement/dungeon location you tried the spawner in? I have added and verified all of the examples, and would like to include yours too.

Ravalox

Echondas and Barugon like this.
  13. Wyrmbeard

Wyrmbeard Avatar

my village lot is in Anseldale... there are only two filled lots there... mine is the guard tower... it won't be hard to find at all.

FYI - it will let me place the spawner in the dungeon... but the cat just stands there... doesn't move around. In my basement... it won't let me place the spawner at all. I bought the cat for the basement. one more note: my dungeon was in deco mode when i placed the spawner down... when i re-entered the dungeon in adventure mode... the cat wasn't there. i then set the dungeon to deco mode again and re-entered and the cat was standing on the spawner. So the spawner isn't working in adventure mode.... dunno if that tells you anything or not... thought it was worth editing this post to add it in.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  14. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

11/19/2020 03:17
    Title:
    Blocker? No
    Details: I finally set up a nice dungeon with a Conversationalist in the Library and T 15 Lich guarding his position. My tamed pet will not follow me into that dungeon piece. It stays in the foyer. It won't follow and I cant teleport it in. I have tried a nightmare, a corpion, and a turkey. They all stay outside the entrance to the library object. In both decoration and adventure mode.

Thanks!!!

Steps to Reproduce: bring a tamed pet into the library in my dungeon.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.Win.64.1311.Date.11.09.20
    Area: PlayerDungeon_BrownMarbleFoyer_3Connections
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (-38.6, -5.0, 95.7)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9Ccm93bk1hcmJsZUZveWVyXzNDb25uZWN0aW9uc3x8KC0zOC41NjcsIC00Ljk4OSwgOTUuNyl8KDAsIC0wLjgwNCwgMCwgLTAuNTk1KXw0NTUuMjQ5NXwyNi4wMDUzN3wzLjQzOTg4

15. Tellana

Tellana Avatar

I set my goose down in my row lot basement. He stayed where I put him, danced the goose step, sat, but did not walk around. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759916641580220427/779792359515881472/unknown.png
    11/21/2020 12:37
    Title: Goose Pet
    Reproduction Rate: Not sure - I haven't put him in my inventory again now that I know they are helium prone
    Blocker?
    Details: I set my goose down and he seems fine
    Steps to Reproduce: Grab goose pet out of inventory - set on ground - he stays. Teleport he still stays.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 16317
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8172
    SotA.Win.64.1313.Date.11.19.20
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonRow_5Floor
    Area Display Name: Row Stone 5-Story Basement
    Loc: (34.8, 4.0, 109.0)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25Sb3dfNUZsb29yfHwoMzQuODQ2LCA0LjAwNSwgMTA4Ljk1MSl8KDAsIC0wLjYyNSwgMCwgMC43OCl8MjY5LjI1NTJ8MzIuNjM3OHwyLjkxMTk2OQ==

16. Wyrmbeard

Wyrmbeard Avatar

Something of an update to this thread-
    I figured out a way to place my animal spawner (bought from the cotos store) in my regular town-based village basement arena... not sure if this will work for dungeons... it may. It's not a complete fix... as the cat (from the spawner) doesn't appear every time i re-enter my basement. What i did was place the spawner on a rug... i can't see the spawner at all... but the cat does pop up and begins to wander around. Sometimes when i re-enter the basement he is there... wandering... but most of the time... i have to take the spawner out of my decoration palette window... place it in my inventory... and then place it back on the rug to 'respawn' it in order to get it to work. Like I said... it's not a real fix... but at least i don't feel my money was completely wasted. I look forward to the real fix going in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.