Inky tip/ folks hitting character limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I’ve just barely started learning some advanced ink stuff and am learning ways to increase the ammount of conversation paths and alternate text based on responses thats been saving text space and getting better conversation flow and diversity with less character consumption \o/.

Before i was just using the basic

Hello
    +response
    ->bye
    === bye
    Bye

For everything

2. oplek

oplek Avatar

The character limits are absurdly low, especially for non-premium ones. I mean, what you wrote there was 37 / 2000. These things aren't going to be much more than humanoid sign posts.

And the premium limits are somewhat P2W. If you're in competition to have the best player quests... the person who opens up the wallet will be the one who wins.

Anpu and Tristano Sforza like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Didn't they just increase the limit considerably or maybe it's due in a later patch/release.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

for the store ones. crafted and pledge rewards are still low.

Sean Silverfoot and Lained like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

The crafted on is very limited, the pledge one is slightly better or was. I have not checked it recently to see if it was improved. but considering the the pledge reward was as it was released they never promised better inky numbers for the pledges. The store ones though are all upped recently.

If you want to look at some of the neat advanced logics Silverdale market the fortune teller and creepy uncle pete have random path and outcomes and one of mine not sure where or which even had a minigame at one point. They were based on 2k code I think. Can't recall if I upgraded them after the 10k lines came out. I am still waiting on the advanced stuff like emotes and pathing as well ability for them to reward etc based on conditions before I start rewriting all mine for my quest line.

@Elgarion can you look into the crafted and the backer ones to see if they are upped. I don't think they should be capped as it would not make sense and would not really impact the store options if people could write more. it would just limit folks to the model look.

Lained likes this.
  6. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

There is a pledge conversationist? How do you claim that?

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

If your pledge tier qualifies you'll already have the Automaton Decoration Pet, put it in your inventory and right click to access the edit dialogue interface.

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think lords or dukes had the automation, the other pledges did not.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Whats the limit on the craftable ones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.