Make dex and strength be alternative forms of damage

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Nov 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Not to mention, most of you have no clue how to properly use a dynamic deck for maximum skill stacking and power. There are so many variables that make someone better. Changing the way dex works at this point is not going to change anything except make people mad when the character they have spent 2-6 years building suddenly gets gimped.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I got a buddy who does in depth streams on how he is built in my guild, and watchign him im still convinced dex does not help your damage if you are already using high crit chance weapons or using crit chance on your gear. Im adressign Dex specifically, not entire builds.

I don't really try to dig into math and numbers tho, Im only going from what i actually see happening as somone who doesnt use 50 buffs all at once. Its easy to not see something isnt that great when allt he other stuff folks use alogn with it make it SEEM great. All that power, is not comming from dex. At least not with melee weapons, crossbows were supposed to get higher crit damage i think from dex before i'd be curious to see if thats still goin on if you feel like testing it.

Im gonna show you some screen shots to see the capped crit chance that prevents me from seeign a reason to raise dex higher than i do

I wouldnt mind seeing any tests you're wiilling to do (use encumberence to lower your dex) with your build. I'm going off the build ive been playing forever.

This is with a polearm that has a 3% crit chance, and i have no additional crit bonuises other from passive skills in play. My actual crit chance from these 50 swings was about 8%
    [​IMG]

This next one is the same polearm, still no additional crit cchance bonuses in play, but my dex is +90 higher
    It was at 150 for that round but i forgot to take the screenshot before I applied buffs for the next group. But without the buffs i was at 150. The crits were 14% in this set

[​IMG]

Now we start seeign some results right? Things are lookin sweet, So the next set is with those air buffs and potion applied giving me +39 dex. still 0 additional direct crit cchance bonus

[​IMG]

Was still about 14% so +39 dex didnt make a significant enough difference to notice. Thats fine because we were told the effeccts of higher stats kinda tapered off right? I do thinkt he dmg from strength does, i dunno abotu int. But the defensive effects of all 3 stats seemt o work fine and not taper off for a while if at all.

So now we will switcch to daggers, and i now have 30% more crit chance.
    In this set my crit chance was about 36%. Thats quite a bit more than 30% of 14 or 20 (20 bas eon the daggers) so im assuming its a straight up +30% thats jsut capped around 30ish. Also i gained 11 more dex from the daggers.

[​IMG]

Now im gonna keep the 30% crit chance bonus, but drop my dex by over 100. Still 36% crit chance.

[​IMG]

3. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

These tests are interesting , but don't really show much in perspective. Get your dex over 300, do the same tests and then compare. These are all very very low end. I personally saw a big difference in performance when my dex started getting over 250 AND was balanced with my strength. It's hard to get accurate information from the devs in this game, but in actual game play, I can definitely tell the difference in lower dex versus higher dex. But these tests are at such low levels, it's hard to compare.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you can just hit a dummy 50 times fully buffed and see how many more than 36% of the hits are crits it would be cool since you are already over that threshold.

or 100 times, i just used auto attack

5. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I will do some tests and post them back here.

Arkah EMPstrike likes this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Also i believe dex and int both increase spell crit chance so it be interesting too see if using spells can get over 36%

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Thanks grumpy \o/

8. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Ok, just did a few tests, of 100 arrows each test.

194 dex = crit chance 48% (i have crit chance on my bow, but used same bow for both tests, and did not use air's embrace for either test)
    278 dex= crit chance 56%

these are very low test samples, and i'm not a big fan of auto attack, but i'm not going to sit here right now and do 200 charged attacks to see if there is a difference.

This wasn't fully buffed, because I didn't want to use air's embrace.

and, actually, after looking closer, i don't have crit chance on this bow, only crit damage increase.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Ill try with a bow when i get home. That may be how crit “affects bows more”

10. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

i'm not sure if there is a difference based on different weapons, but I am sure that if they f-over my character, i'm done with this game.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im not trying to suggest something that F’s over folks, i dont believe dex does enough to be worth being a primary stat like the other two.

I would like there to be a reality that somone would say “oh yea you need leather so you can stack dex”. Not complaining about powerful stuff im complaining about it not being powerful enough

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

So i tried with my bow at 200 dex and got 34% crit chance doing 100 shots twice, both times were 34%. The first 100 was with a regular bow looted off a cultist, the second was a crossbow with an addiitional 5% crit chance masterworked onto it

I tried again with the dagger for 100 hits with 200 dex and still got 36%.

Im gonna try to buff it to 300 and see how it changes. I thinkt he bow is deffinately mroe affected by crit chancce, but maybe the ccrit cchance you get from dex is capped, but the crit chance you get from buff and gear that directly specifically increase crit cchance will easily go beyond the 30%ish cap

EDIT: So i dont think specifically crit chance bonuses on weapons make it go up liekt hat cuz im actually using those with and without and getting the same crit chancce both times

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I mean, I tried having 350 Strength and 300 Dex vs having 500 Strength and 200 Dex, and for me, as a Heavy Armor Dual Wield Spears, I have felt far better with the focus on strength. The added health, which leads to more health regen, and the added damage that pairs super well with my already high crit chance and crit damage from spears has not failed me yet, and I actually have an easier time killing big baddies. Not saying your way of doing things is wrong because I have seen your damage, but I am saying I doubt your statement is true for all builds though, right?

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Just boosted dex to 300, dagger and bow still 30%ish crit. It's deffinately not dex increasing crit on daggers and bows. I mean if you're getting above 30ish% crit its not dex doing it

Dropped dex to 1, Daggers were doign the same crit chance at 1 dex and 300 dex
    Bow at 1 dex down from 300 did 15% crit chance

Pole arm at 284 dex with no crit chance increase was around 20% crit chance

The set of 100 hits for my 2 handed hammer with 15% increased crit chance and 284 dex was actually jsut 15% crit chance. at 1 Dexterity it came up 12% crit chance...

Sooo thats kidn of a surprise. Dex doesnt seem to affect bludgeon at all?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  15. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Fair enough. I can't disagree with that statement.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  16. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I appreciate that you aren't intentionally trying to mess things up. The part that scares me is Chris poking around and making changes without understanding what he's doing, basing his changes off of just a few player's perceptions and generally throwing a monkey wrench into the works. It's not you that worries me, it's Chris. It's not like it hasn't happened multiple times. :p

Girlsname, Anpu and Aldo like this.
  17. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Guys you need to remember there is such a thing call RESIST CRIT DAMAGE and RESIST CRIT CHANCE withing the calculation of the MOB's Resistance, base on Mob level and Type, As well as the Adventure level vs Mobs Level Equation is also involve. if you just test it on the different level range target, the crit chance does affect the crit chance, that includes the Dex crit bonus. But then just my mind speaking loudly, you don;t have to take me seriously on this. Peace out~

Violet Ronso likes this.
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

All tests were performed on a practice dummy \o/

19. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

If dummy has zero resist on crit chance, and if the crit chance is capped at 40%, even if you have a crit chance at 70%, you still hot only 40% chance, due to resist, if it's a higher level mob, it could have crit chance resist at 50%, that means your 70% will apply which will balance out at 20% chance. Getting higher chance to crit will probably at 40% at capped, but to bring the character base crit chance up is good at the higher level content is very important. I do believe even the accuracy plays the role in this similar calculation as well. Think about it, but dun take my word seriously.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think that's irrelevant? It seems the experiments being run aren't concerned with what the actual number calculated is, but how much it changes when using different dex levels, and whether or not a cap exists.

Cyin and Arkah EMPstrike like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.