15000+ HP Chest Mimic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Nov 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I'm a crafter first and adventure 2nd. I do agree there needs to be more specific drops for zones and bosses rather than a random. they have started to do that which is good. I also think given that this is a player based economy and that crafted gear should always be best in slot vs loot or at least comparable enough that it can compete offering a choice. having the ability to break down artifacts into components that could be applied like gems or like mats to enhance items I think would be another way to offset things making loot important to adventures as well that same loot would be important to the crafters. thus a far better balance could be done so that leather can compete with the bandit gear etc allowing still for cool stuff to drop but also allowing crafters to be equal or slightly better but not enough to stop adventures from deciding to only use one or the other. There as so many ways they could take this and use it to build a much more complex system. heck perhaps like your idea make the salvage have a range of quality. they could even do the same for all loot in the game put in a randomizer for the range for all the stats on it making it more like WOW and other games which have the same item but different levels based on the range. that way there could be common like stuff then that ultra rare .5% drop that has stats unlike anything out there. having the range prevents what we have now where the range on crafted is very static based on level and mats but only .x difference between each crafted item. where having a larger range would make choices a lot better and push people to want to get artifacts and other special drops in hopes of getting that ultra rare or something better than standard. They could than also introduce simplistic quests for upgrades etc. or a daily where you can turn in X of these to get this or another forge where you take things to convert and make new things. OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS. all win in the end with something like this and like days of old where some things were rare and worth alot each person would have that luck of getting an item that could have huge value based on luck of the loot randomizer roll beyond the same artifact that is available every where.

just my thoughts on your thoughts :)

Wilfred likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Right. I mean, I'm not claiming what I just posted is the way it should all be, just that loot and crafting are linked, and altering one without considering the other is more likely to make things worse rather than better. If I want to make the best set of leather armor I can, that means spending my time in the bottom of Tartarus rather than at a crafting table, because somebody tried to improve loot without thinking it through.

On the other hand, if the next "loot pass" is just adding more stuff you turn around and sell for gold, that would also be a failure that fixes nothing. There really is no difference between something that drops 50 gold, or something that drops 10 gold, a rusty dagger, a pair of ragged boots, and a torch. Other than the added step of hitting the NPC vendor.

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

bang on :)

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Daaaaaaang! Not even a rusty spoon? I would have thought after all this time, you would at least get a half eaten potato chip.

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

You'll never get a half eaten potato chip out of a mimic. Those things love potato chips.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You would think that a chest mimic might also contain body parts.

Terrence Phillip likes this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or bodypart mimics that attack you once they're in your inventory.

(Which also drop garbage loot.)

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, I was thinking body parts that could be used as deco but okay.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I remember the time we all had a great Chest Mimic pet that would help you with our first adventures. Then someone decided to nerf it and now it is useless. End of Story.

Greyfox, Cordelayne and Wilfred like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I imagine that if you have high taming skills then the chest mimic would be pretty good. However, if you have high taming skills then you probably have a much more kickass pet.

[edit] If you're a tamer then please bring your chest mimic to this event. :)

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.