1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Chairs as POT deco

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Barugon, Nov 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would really like to place a chair in my POT but no chairs (that I have found) can be used as POT deco.

Elgarion, Winfield and Dollar Bill like this.
  2. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Benches and chairs would be great! I get tired when walking around some of those HUGE POTs!

I remember when POT deco was very limited by design because the developers did not want a POT to just be treated like a big property lot with all kinds of crazy deco placements. Maybe Dev ideas have gone beyond that now? We see very impressively decorated POTs and Lots these days!

As an aside:

I imagine the mechanics of putting deco on a POT is substantially different from putting deco on a LOT.

Thinking about it, POT deco might be really simpler (no complex permissions to deal with... just have a town governor or steward place it). Maybe there is a "flag/code" on deco items to say if they can be used in POTs or Lots or both or not either.

So... why not let us put just about anything on a POT? Well, maybe it is hard to have every item be programmed to recognize POT terrain flatness and has to be individually configured and tested, which would be thousands of items. I don't know.

Elgarion and Dollar Bill like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A while back, I asked to get wooden benches placeable as pot deco (marble benches were already placeable) and they did it. Hopefully, they'll add chairs too.

Winfield and Elgarion like this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I put this on my to-do list to scan through as many as I can find that update. I won't get to this until after artifact pattern stuff though. (So they can accept patterns).

Winfield, Wilfred and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.