QoL Feedback for Consideration

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chaos Shadowstorm, Nov 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos Shadowstorm

Chaos Shadowstorm Avatar

Hello All,

I was hoping to provide some feedback from the community and myself as well, due to the nature of this next release having some QoL and Polish work. I hope some of these are possible to accomplish fairly without issue. Other ideas are more of a wish list. This first started out organized then I perhaps mixed up subjects, well it is, Im not geting less sober writing this...

QoL-

Repairing Gear: It’s pretty cumbersome to have to drag repair kits to the items needing to be repaired. It would be nice if we could right click on a piece of gear from the equipped slots and select a “Repair this item” or even a “Repair all damaged Gear” options that would just use the repair kits from the inventory automatically upon selecting such an option.

Salvage Button: It seems to either be highlighted in Red or greyed out. Red significant you cant do something usually. Green might be a better suited color as it would stand out more.

Recipes: More search options. Being able to preview the finished product to help determine if that’s the recipe you want

Inventory Commands: Sort by “Most Recent”. “No Drop” quest items should get their own inventory tab. Allow players a custom inventory tab, where they can put what specific items they want to use for whatever purpose.

Items that require you to be out of combat to use: Could using the items first automatically take you out of combat just by using them?

Hotbars: A more expansive utility, non-combat hotbar would be nice. Or special hotbar designed to hold, mounts, animals, consumables.

Mounts: More actions (which we already know is coming) Horses that jump.

Vendors: Some players prefer the dialog box, merchant store not close after signing.

Guilds/Social: Give players an option to join multiple guilds, but only allow them to display one guild tag at a time. Chat channels could be listed as /guildchat1-5 etc.

In Game Radio: Dance Parties and Music, if you have made a real money purchase of an item that performs this function, the in game radio should be accessible without having to either wear the headphones or be near a radio. The radio tends to cut out if too far away, so u have dead spots on the dance floor or party if the owner doesn’t have several radios lined out. Yes I can wear my headphones, but that requires me to first carry the radio with me, and then to have to equip it to use it.

Housing Decorations: I would like a way to more easily figure out how to lock down my planters and crafting stations so I could use/interaction with items without moving them around. I prefer a right click option that says “Lock Down Position” which wont affect others use of the items. UO has a way to lock down decorations, and perhaps there is a way here too, but I would prefer it be a bit easier to do that.

Feedback-

Breaking with Tradition and Theme/Aesthetics: Speaking of dance parties, music, and player decorated houses. This wouldn’t be able to be called a sandbox game if one wasn’t willing to take the bad along with the good, as far as taste is concerned. Should players be allowed to design on their own? No, of course not, but that’s not that kind of game. This is high fantasy done with Steampunk style. We should stop fighting against that, and let the game become its own identity. I mean, are we playing this game for ourselves or for the people who aren’t here yet? Fun does not wait on those who aren’t here. If players find a game within this game, embrace it, build upon it. No other game is..

On Wave Battles and Dungeon Camping: Wave battles are ok but also we are used to camping perhaps in a certain room for named or rare mobs, so we hope there is going to be more of that. The game needs to support the single/solo player camping for items in dungeons, as well as 2 or 3 people, and then finally content for a whole group. 12 is reserved for wave battle camps perhaps. At least in this game you can go into dungeons non instanced and actually camp for items without being ran through the dreaded dungeon finder. This is a very old school EQ setup that we want to always keep if possible.

Dance Parties: These are popular and for a good reason too. Ive been to several and now Im addicted. We should cater more to this. And I think you already know this and are doing just that however….

-Disco Lasers/Rave lightning/More dancefloor effects, in the Oracles name we ask..

-Search/Spotlights- Hard to find the party sometimes, but not when you have one of these badboys. Clubs already know this.

PVE vs. Crafted Gear: There is no way around needing to have the dropped gear/loot to be just as exciting as crafting. Perhaps one of the most challenging issues to solve. Which is either an issue or not depending on opinion. Rather than argue about what look to make stronger, a perhaps easier approach is to make some new items perhaps based off of ideas from other games. If you were to attribute a minor increase in stats to say items and decorations in your house. A slight modifier along with a screen which shows you how you stats are increased. The framed pictures of the dungeons might grant a minor bonus in finding magic items perhaps, etc. Research could be done on the most popular camped items in various games, and items could be made similar in the spirit of..etc.. Manastones in Everquest come to mind. Or super-fast/ low delay weapons could dropped but would still require crafters to improve upon them. Perhaps for a very end game, high price tag, and the cost of your soul, an item could be made so that it no longer needs to be repaired. Weight reduction bags, gear that could u right click to cast an instant effect “clickies”, are also exciting examples of good loot. A Breastplate can could right click cast Complete Heal, once every 60 minutes or something, also good ideas.

Cleaning up the market: UO has a system for cleaning out the server with people’s hordes of items. Not sure exactly how it works. But what if you could trade an item that had to have another players make on it and perhaps get a reward for it. The reward could be crowns or xp rewards, supply bundles You don’t have to make it so it’s a good way to get crowns, but that its just a way to get some.

Solution/Workaround to Monster Variety: I use Everquest as an example for this, because they did this pretty well, and it didn’t feel like it was the same model over and over. The easiest solution of course of to just change the colors, and size of the models and rename them. Doing this would allow you to add the following new monsters, and possibly side stories. You guys Im sure know this.

-Adding in Vampire clans, and possible faction fights, unrelated to main lore perhaps

-Scaling humanoids smaller would give you “brownies”, scaling them larger might give you giants.

Wishlist-

Animal Variety: Specifically cats, but adding in herd animals would certainly set the scenes with plains. This I know is in the works and was addressed on the livestreams, hoping to see this sometime next year.

New Class skills: Some old school EQ players might hope for an actual feign death skill, which was a main feature of the Monk class. They were the pullers.

Raid Zones: These should be put out well beyond anyones immediate reach. Think T25 at least. Don’t even advertise the challenge. Some guild will move in to see if they can beat it. Crafted gear will still be great for 99 percent of the people…but if you want to be part of the 1 percent….might need to raid some. Raid zones require raid loot though. This is where PVE and Crafting collide sadly when crafting is the end game.

Examples of my favorite raid zones in EQ are:

Kael (high end quest drops, and gear)

The Planes

SolA/SolB: Fire Giants, Lord Nagafen ( fire Dragon that drops the legendary hasted Cloak of Flame)

Horse Related Activities: Jousting and horse racing. We will then maybe need a racetrack or a games coliseum.

Player Made Dungeons: Since no other game I really know of, has this exact mechanic, I would for sure invest heavily into this specific area. I would like to see well made dungeons, perhaps as a contest to be “baked in” to the game permanently. Then proper loot, quests, mechanics could be added in by the devs.

Thanks for making it to the end! This game will never be finished so no one should ever expect that, just that it will keep growing. We all know Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I hope some of these ideas of worthy of making it to this next release.

Thanks for all you do! Thanks for all who contributed!

-Chaos Shadowstorm

Wilfred likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this was deliberately put off to the side and given red text because people were accidentally clicking salvage when they wanted craft and losing good gear. red is a warning: be sure you want to salvage this item.

Margaritte and Anpu like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Problem here is, if I'm in the middle of a fight, go to use a health potion, but click the wrong item on the utility bar, and now I'm out of combat and the fishing reticle comes up.

Unless you mean when you're trying to use something out of your inventory, like an obsidian potion or recall scroll.

4. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Superb list of items @Chaos Shadowstorm

Recipes - I agree on search options. The Crafting Book is nice but not all that useful to find recipes quickly, or figure out what recipe is in what area (carpentry, blacksmithing). I usually have to go to each crafting table and filter/search the list that shows up there.

Inventory Commands - Yes, I wish we could sort better on number of items or type of item (food, reagents, etc.) so I manually put things in bags to keep things sorted, including in my bank box. I'd even like a way to sort by age of my fish! (perhaps a command-line search? who knows).

Guilds/Social - I've always wanted Alliances of guilds like UO has. That seems to be a hard thing to put in development, and may not be in high demand anymore. As for being in multiple guilds, I agree as I'd like to be in PaxLair guild and also join a guild in some of my favorite POTs too so I can be friends with them? Yet, single guilds are tied into many features like guildhouse (which affects lot permissions), chat (as you mentioned), and other things I guess. There perhaps could/should be a different approach to "social connections/groups" in SotA without tying things too much to game mechanics. In Second Life, I could be a member of any town, get on their communication/distro list, etc. Get alerted to their events while online (and even through email).

Dance Parties -- Colored searchlights, beacons, etc. would be WONDERFUL! I always have a hard time finding the dance party, unless the POT owner has laid out a string of lights for me to follow!

Player made dungeons - Yes, I agree... this is a huge difference between this game and other games, as far as I know. Baking in a great design would be cool, and perhaps let the winner to "tweak up" the design even more with some limited Dev access to one scene or something (not sure that is possible). But even without baking it in at the dev level, I so like Player Created Content in this or any game! It keeps things alive and fresh! But like the Dance Parties Searchlight topic, I think we need better ways to FIND these great dungeons! Either through lot owner advertising/lists in the town/game, or a signal beacon, or something. Learning about them through forums is an arduous way to experience player-made content in the game.

FUN!!

Wilfred likes this.
  5. dragonswatchz

dragonswatchz Avatar

hi, can't wait for crafting changes. I hope these ideas, especially the search feature is added. in addition, creating a favorites tab that a crafter can add/remove recopies as another quick to access some favorite items would be great.

6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

A description of the items by hovering over their icon in the recipe book would also be great.
    For example, to know what effects a certain potion has, I must first brew it, and once I have the potion in my inventory, I will be able to see its effects by hovering over it.
    I have never made a potion that requires "strange" ingredients, such as troll heads, because I use these heads to make trophies and it is difficult for me to get them. And I don't want to risk using a troll head to brew a potion whose effects I don't know.
    After a few months playing, I already know its effects, but a more or less new player can find themselves in that situation, and it would be nice to know what result they will get using the ingredients.
    I hope I have expressed myself well :oops:

Anpu and Tirrag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.