Taming/Switching/Recovery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Nov 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Resurrect creature level 179.... well I guess you are playing offline mode, lol. You shouldn't even have to hard target the pet, if you are in the zone and within the 5 minute timer (which you can see on your paperdoll hovering over the necklace) and you aren't interrupted, the pet should rez with a single try. I'm wondering if there is an offline bug for that. It certainly looks like it. Maybe someone else who does offline can test rez pet to see if it works for them.

I will try to replicate in online mode with summoning an elemental instead of dismissing the pet and see it does anything strange, but in general I'd suggest taking the extra step to dismiss the pet before switching to an elemental. If no one else tests offline I'll ty it eventually but wouldn't have time to mess with that for a few days at least.

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Ok I MAY have worked out your issue. Are you by chance trying to an elemental after your pet dies but before you try to rez the pet? I have been doing some testing and have no problems alternating between summoning elementals and pets without dismissing the pet as long as the pet is alive, so no seeing the pet for a second then it disappearing. And no problems resurrecting a pet after it dies if I don't try to summon anything else. But when I tried to summon a few elementals while the pet was dead it seemed to put me in a state where I could not summon elementals or rez the pet. And even switching necklaces would not seem to let me summon another pet, though when I left the scene that other pet appeared.

I'll try to do some further testing this week and work out some things before I make a bug post. But please confirm whether or not you tried summoning an elemental before trying to rez the pet when you had these problems. And try to do a test where you try to rez a newly dead pet immediately.

Unfortunately even if we manage to find repro steps taming bugs tend not to be quickly fixed. Still waiting on the no-trade necklace one thats been around for probably 6 months. I think just because there is no specific dev responsible for taming.

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.