1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68355] South Drachvald Spur: Lucky Leather Quest. Talking to Osterhild.

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Paladin Michael, Nov 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

11/28/2020 14:53
    Reproduction Rate: 2nd time with another Avatar
    Blocker? --
    Details / Steps to Reproduce: After finding 10 Lucky Leather we have to give 2 to each of the 5 Squires.
    I did so and talked to Osterhild again. Nothing happened. I used all keyqords from Osterhild.

I thought: oh dear, may be we can hand again 2 leathers to a Squire?
    So I got another 2 of them.

Then I talked to all 5 squires again and clicked every keyword.
    No quest window opened again to hand Lucky Leather. So I knew, this just happens one time.

After this I went back to Osterhild and received my quest xp and gold and lucky leather.

I assume, there is a keyword (when talking to Squires), which is necessary to click, so we can finish the quest, when talking to Osterhild. But which one? :(

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1316.Date.11.25.20
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: South Drachvald Spur
    Loc: (246.6, 44.3, -359.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoMjQ2LjU4OSwgNDQuMjg1LCAtMzU5LjYyKXwoMCwgLTAuNzYsIDAsIC0wLjY1KXw5OC45NjQxMnwxOS4yODgxOXwxOA==

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am seeing this as well.

Start quest in the following:
    [8:45 PM] Osterhild: Oh, my stars! I'm so glad you came along! I'm Mentor Osterhild. My squires and I could use your help!
    [8:45 PM] Anpu: help
    [8:45 PM] Osterhild: I don't know what happened. Yesterday, the whole area was quiet. Now, it's full of threats! It's too dangerous for us to recover any lucky leather, and I can't leave them alone. It would mean a great deal if you'd collect our ten pieces of lucky leather. They won't be lucky if we wait too long!
    [8:45 PM] Anpu: I'm happy to help! Show me where to go!
    [8:45 PM] Osterhild: Oh, my stars, thank you so much. Lucky leather means so much to these squires, you have no idea. Look for piles of loose dirt and just kick off the top layer. You should find lucky leather inside the piles. Bring back ten pieces of lucky leather and give two to each squire. In the meantime, I'll try to see if I have some kind of reward for you.
    [8:45 PM] The soldier asked me to recover ten pieces of lucky leather.

Receive Search for Lucky Leather task and journal entry.
    As soon as I use one Dirt Pile and collect Lucky Leather, receive Give 2 Lucky Leather to Each Squire task and journal entry.

I collect 10 Lucky leather. Then turn in 2 lucky leather to each squire:

[9:00 PM] Squire: Mentor Osterhild says you're helping us recover our lucky leather! Do you have my two pieces?
    [9:00 PM] You gained 200 experience needed for skill development!
    [9:00 PM] You gave an item (Lucky Leather) to Squire.
    [9:00 PM] Squire: This is wonderful! We're blessed to have run into one as compassionate as you!
    [9:00 PM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [9:00 PM] Squire: Be well, friend.

[9:01 PM] Squire: Mentor Osterhild says you're helping us recover our lucky leather! Do you have my two pieces?
    [9:01 PM] You gained 200 experience needed for skill development!
    [9:01 PM] You gave an item (Lucky Leather) to Squire.
    [9:01 PM] Squire: This is wonderful! We're blessed to have run into one as compassionate as you!
    [9:01 PM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [9:01 PM] Squire: Be well, friend!

[9:01 PM] Squire: I heard Mentor Osterhild say you're gathering our lucky leather for us. Do you have two pieces for me?
    [9:01 PM] Squire: I hope we see the spirit horses!
    [9:01 PM] Squire: This is wonderful! We're blessed to have run into one as compassionate as you!
    [9:01 PM] Squire: Be well, friend.

[9:01 PM] Squire: I'm glad Mentor Osterhild asked you to help us gather our lucky leather! Do you have my two pieces?
    [9:01 PM] Squire: Be careful, friend!

[9:01 PM] Squire: Mentor Osterhild says you're gathering our lucky leather for us. Do you have my two pieces?
    [9:01 PM] Squire: I can't believe we weren't eaten by monsters when we buried our leather.
    [9:01 PM] Squire: Be well, friend.

I then go and speak to Osterhild. I then had to speak to them 3 times before they realized I had already finished this:

[9:02 PM] Osterhild: How's your progress finding the lucky leather? I'm eager for each squire to receive their two pieces, so we can wrap things up here.
    [9:02 PM] Anpu: lucky leather
    [9:02 PM] Osterhild: Burying leather is a local custom. Cavalry soldiers and their squires especially swear by their gear made from lucky leather.
    [9:02 PM] Anpu: Goodbye
    [9:02 PM] Osterhild: Be well, friend.

[9:02 PM] Osterhild: How's your progress finding the lucky leather? I'm eager for each squire to receive their two pieces, so we can wrap things up here.
    [9:02 PM] Anpu: lucky leather
    [9:02 PM] Osterhild: Burying leather is a local custom. Cavalry soldiers and their squires especially swear by their gear made from lucky leather.

[9:02 PM] I should talk to Preben in the South Majestic Forest about making me special boots.
    [9:02 PM] Osterhild: The stars have blessed us today! Thank you so much! I talked with the squires while you were gone, and we'd like you to have one of our lucky leather pieces along with this reward I scraped together. Also, I know a shoemaker in the South Majestic Forest that can turn it into magical leather boots if you ask him to! Talk to Preben and let him know I sent you. In the meantime, I think we'll stay here where it's safe and simply study the local birds from afar.
    [9:02 PM] You receive 750 gold!
    [9:02 PM] You gained 8000 experience needed for skill development!
    [9:02 PM] You received an item (Lucky Leather) from Osterhild.

11/29/2020 21:08
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1316.Date.11.25.20
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: South Drachvald Spur
    Loc: (243.8, 43.8, -357.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoMjQzLjgzMSwgNDMuODEzLCAtMzU3LjU1KXwoMCwgMC43MDksIDAsIC0wLjcwNSl8LTkwLjIwMzd8MjcuMjg4MjF8MTcuODAyNjE=

If I had some suggestions:

Get Search for Lucky Leather task and journal entry from Osterhild.
    After you actually find 10 (or more) Lucky Leather, the task completes and then advances to Give 2 Lucky Leather to Each Squire task and journal entry. This currently does not happen:

[​IMG]

After turning in 10 pieces (2 each to the 5 different Squires), Give 2 Lucky Leather to Each Squire task and journal entry completes. Give new task, Speak to Osterhild (this does not exist).

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and follow-up! Issue #68355

Paladin Michael and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.