What is the core of this game, according to you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oplek, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

What is the core of this game? "Sims Medieval",
    done allot more in-depth with much better quality and accessories...

The two gaming titles in general share allot of the same qualities between them o_O
    I like it because it has quality and is totally expandable in most every way possible,
    including the ability to always get better, "The Sims" can't do that! :D~Time Lord~

PS: It's also Farmville and I'm not exactly sure which Fishing Game it's similar to, but it's similar to one of the good ones in that way. It can also be sort of similar to management games like "Pizza Manager" :cool: For example right now, I'm playing the Farmville side of our game for a while before heading into playing the Fishing Sim part. It's all those rolled into one.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  2. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

The core appeal of the game: Total freedom to create a character to your own specifications and explore a world that many others leave their mark on.
    The core experience of the game: Endless grind to feed into infinite advancement and upkeep systems and the resulting sense of futility.

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Powersurge

Powersurge Avatar

I agree more with it being a minecraft with less digging and more magic. But seriously, I'm not sure what it is trying to be. I would say it is primarily a decoration simulator with a few aspects of crafting/gathering elements with a splash of MMORPG character progression.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    Any MMO with trade between players is basically an economy simulator.
    The core of the game is creating stuff and exchanging it with other players.

Upset players usually don't say: "I want to be a more productive member of this society."
    They say: "Loot Sucks!", But the meaning is the same.

From an economic point of view, it's all about productivity.

----------

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Time Lord likes this.
  5. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Minecraft == Awesome. SotA != Awesome. That is about the only way I would put these two games in the same sentence. But I do agree with your sentiment and where you are going. Deco Sim.

6. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Basically what I like in this game is that usually one character can't do everything. While you can go alone and generate massive super characters this takes massive super time. I like dealing with other player chars, trading my stuff for theirs, and forming parties on the fly to see how we do even though I have not paid enough attention to actually memorize whose character does what except for very obvious ones like Pyro Priest and Melodee. While I don't go in for Decoing having eye-catching or pleasing properties is great and I like seeing impressive works of deco.
    I am surprised one of the basics of this game, potions, has received so little attention. It was one skill when I started and is still one skill with zero flexibility other than success chance and that easily peaks at 95%. I cannot stuff potions into my combat bar even though all of the non-stat non-utility ones are pretty much useless except during combat. Poisons tend to be useless because they are expensive, one-shot, and rather feeble. "Lesser" potions are nearly useless as you don't really get a lot of them until you get to a reasonable level (80) and quite frankly they're designed for level 40 chars. Regen/resistance require uncommon/rare specialty ingredients.
    One thing that can be annoying is that some NPC towns are far too big for the amount of land used. I REALLY dislike having to run from an entrance through a lot of grasslands and hills before I get to the town outskirts.

That being said, there are several things that NEED TO be done:
    1. Fix the memory leak. If someone sees the game crash repeatedly that is BAD.
    2. Clean up incorrect/misleading tips such as the one saying that NPCs have a superior Repair skill.
    3. Clean up incorrect/misleading skill text. Make sure that the description is correct in terms of + % or - %. For example, an item with +100% durability lasts twice as long, but an item with -100% wear lasts infinitely long. Replace meaningless skill ability text that just has the skill name and a value with more useful text, e.g. Safe Fall.
    4. Please remove most/all deco as treasure apart from recipes, except for gold/silver goblets/plates/etc. which would be a legitimate treasure chest drop. A Lich is NOT going to be carrying around a plow!
    5. Please remove all Food that does not have at least a 15 minute duration.
    And there are a few more things that SHOULD be done:
    6. I understand the general drop rate and prevention of overflowing treasure drops but in a "real" RPG anything mobs use must be available to the player. YMMV on how far you want to take this but if a mob has a sword and shield I expect to loot a sword and shield. I expect mages (including lich and skeleton) to have a reasonable wand/wands or staff plus associated reagents required for the spells they cast.
    7. Change the drops for supply bundles. Supply bundles should be a bit rarer, contain less stuff, and far less useless stuff like colored jars. Higher tier bundles MUST drop higher tier goods if those exist (greater/imbued potions, upper-tier foods, rare ores and crystals etc.).

Wilfred likes this.
  7. zaweraks

zaweraks Avatar

Socialization in the game alone does a lot to enjoy the game. Even in spite of the fact that players from different countries - they are united and go towards their goals. It's great. For me personally, this is already a huge engine for progress.

What would I personally like? Adding new group activities to reward players for group activities in these locations. Like WoW dungeons and other MMORPGs.

I think many will agree with this.

Wilfred likes this.
  8. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Playing my way. I love being able to log in and do whatever I want. I don’t craft much, but I can adventure and use my loot to sell to NPC’s then buy crafted gear (thanks @Elrond) and adventure away. I love being able to be an air mage / using most air tree abilities and few others. I love maxing out my air build. Would I be stronger if I allocated a few billion xp elsewhere? Yes. But I am not trying to be the strongest Avatar, just the highest air mage. Or one of them.

SOTA makes me happy because it does not control me. I love doing what I want. Thus my vocal ‘stop nerfing’ and ‘allow high level power increases’ because it is fun. If I can liquify mobs with my air spells, it impacts no other player. If someone gets 10k damage crits from archery, more power to them. Anyone can change their build - let power be attainable and please incentivize players like me to keep playing. Make level 150 be a new title of Ancient Master (or something) and add significant additional powers to those spells (one tree o only per tune). I love SOTA because I want to see what Robert can do with Air with more XP. But since I may never level up again (been sane adventure level for a long time) only increasing air spells really does it for me now. And it takes much grinding to do it. Which is fine, but I need a reward. I would think it easy for the devs to add a title and say, add 25% extra stun for air spells over 150. Again as an example. Sorry this is a little off topic but I am a passionate player and supporter of this game. I don’t have as much time to play, but when I do I LOVE it. But I need incentive to keep going. I hope they can give it to me. I am off to get some XP now! And I will enjoy it.

Wilfred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.