Where to "farm" Adventurer XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I'm sure the question depends on level - my AL right now is 66. I can usually survive Tier 5 adventuring areas comfortably as long as I'm not constantly getting attacked by 5 enemies at once, and can usually survive Tier 6 areas as long as I'm not getting pounded on by more than 2 enemies at once.

When I just want to shamelessly accumulate XP, my favorite places to go are Forest Siege, the Crag Foothills and Greymark Forest.

Not going to lie, in the forest siege scenes I don't always survive going up to those summits where I'm being hit by an EC Marksman, High Wizard, Champion plus 3 or 4 other Siege Engineers or wandering EC Fighters/Archers/Wizards. The Ankh is my friend!

I like the Crag Foothills for the mobs of Hardened Elves and Hardened Skeletons plus animals.

I like Greymark Forest because animals seem to be a good source of XP that aren't really that hard to kill and there are a lot of them there.

Any other suggestions for places to go to shamelessly accumulate large amounts of XP regardless of AL?

Thanks
    DTXCF

SmokerKGB and King Robert like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

East Reach Gap groups. Check Looking For Group (Left Alt + F).

EDIT: Oops missed the offline part....

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For now, considering you are an offline player, the zones you listed are pretty much it. With a great deck, great gear and great skills, usually around AL 100+, you can start looking at T8+ scenes which will reward you even more. Solo, I can achieve 6-7m experience/hour as a fighter, no magic.

If you would play online I would have said go sleep in an East Reach Gap party, but alas, you can't!

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That's a little trickier in offline...

Anpu likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sadly, a lot of the best places from when I was around that level have been bumped up to t6-8 since then. You're probably not going to find anywhere that beats crag foothills until maybe level 85-90ish.

At least you're currently getting four times the xp I was back then, that'll help a lot.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The lich area in Deep Ravenswood is still pretty good but there's a super high-level Lich of the Mound that sometimes spawns there that's presently above your abilities.

7. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I have less than 6 million XP TOTAL in my several months of play LOL. I just did a timing experiment and gained maybe 250,000 in about 45 minutes, and a big chunk of that was 2 reapers in Greymark Forest.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Do not worry, that is very normal numbers while playing 100% solo. Start working on your crafting, focus on a zone with a high density of animals, ores or trees, and get millions of producer experience. By doing that you will be able to make yourself some very nice armor which will be able to take your level up a huge chunk. When you reach GM levels in masterworks and enchantments (the specific ones), you start unlocking major procs, and along the way you unlock item specific masterworks. A polearm with +30% or so of Puncture damage can change the tide of the battle. The issue is you need materials, you need experience, and all that because you are doing it on your own.

If you aren't done with the main questline, try to work on that, it should give decent amounts of experience, which will help you progress quite a bit, and the questline gives some very nice items that could help you a bit.

Also, 250k exp per 45 minutes is great at your level, I remember being amazed when I topped the 100k exp per hour mark solo!

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Where are you guys seeing that he's in Offline mode ?

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

He has mentioned it in a few other of his threads! He just keeps popping up so since I know this I prefer to remind people discreetly so they give sensible solutions!

FrostII and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  11. Blaise Garsenc

Blaise Garsenc Avatar

I recommend trying Grannus Colossus (5+ pve area) for folks who can make it through both of the gated areas. At the end, by the colossus statue, are groups that keep you busy and are higher level than the entrance mob that will keep you entertained through 110 and higher. I like the open air outside map because of how large it is to pull mobs carefully as you level, and my pet not getting stuck in doorways.

Anpu, Violet Ronso and DalTXColtsFan like this.
  12. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Please, do tell. I'd love a spot to take my sword and get some decent XP from time-to-time, without worrying about finding a ERG group.

13. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Ulfheim is pretty good for crafting and solo

Dulayne and Violet Ronso like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would say all of DRW is probably above his ability right now. Isn't it a T6 or T8 zone now? It used to be a good T5 spot, but after that undead/obsidian animal HP bump a long time ago it got pretty hard.

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

My favorite zones to achieve these numbers currently are Spindelskog (Normal), where I just fight all the shadow wolves and bears at the top(ish). I can achieve 6-7m exp with a few rougher fights sometimes (when I agro more than 2 at a time) with Shadow essences which make great potions

The other one is is Tartarus's Maze (PvE). Fighting those Satyrs can provide me a decent 5-6M exp usually, and some nice potions/bandit drops to go with is.

Those are my main 2 if I am looking for experience. I heard The Breach's mini mobs could potentially reach those numbers as well but I haven't tried it yet.

FrostII and Gravidy like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

These are way above the OP's current capabilities.

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I know they are, I was simply answering someone who asked where I reached those numbers, I told OP the scenes I thought were good for him already!

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  18. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I just ate Deep Ravenswood for breakfast, including all the liches and imps. The mobs of bears, wolves and spiders are fun to fight! If that surprises you, you might not be aware that I used COTA to give myself level 179 in a bunch of skills including Polearm Combat, Banish Undead and several others. Several of the monsters dropped Supply Bundles that had Books of Learning from Common to Legendary in them which are a big XP boost in and of themselves.

Gravidy likes this.
  19. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I'm partial to Savrenoc Stronghold. Has some good loops to keep responses going and a good range of mobs.

Anpu and Gravidy like this.
  20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I've crafted myself a full set of Epic Plate everything, and a new halberd. I've socketed the weapon and I think one piece of armor and I think I've enchanted every piece of armor at least once but I'll have to double-check.

Can you give me some pointers on how to "take my crafting to the next level" so to speak? I have tons of gold, silver, iron and copper ore, and I have tons of gem shards of almost everything. I've seen Masterworks mentioned but I don't know how to take advantage of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.