Air Shield users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Dec 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Since last release or the one before that, you actually can! All stances can be stacked now!

Have you tried pairing Flurry (with your light armor spec) with Spellbinders stance? You can spam attacks like there is no tomorrow, basically a sllightly slower version of Chaotic Feedback, but with no HP cost! Also, do you have a Cutlass on your main hand to pair up with your sylvan dagger? That is probably the best Swords DPS you can get if your virtues are right!

Anmd to everyone else, this is true. Grumpy, and basically all of the House of Mangar peeps did this when they were still here, before the Anti-PVP crowd became too loud, they would all take the time, I would say they could go on for hours just sitting with you, trying different tactics and what not while at the same time trying to show you the ropes. Take on Grumpy's offer if you ever considered PVP, Him and Jikininki are great pvpers and know what they are talking about!

Hey, its their fault for flagging, not yours for using a games mechanic within its boundaries... Pickpocket everyone and anyone if they are flagged, they know the risks, and if they can't deal with them, it is neither your fault nor a problem with the game, it is them trying to use a games bonuses without the risks involved...

Grumpy Krabnevir likes this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

THats what happened when i killed a guy yesterday. They were offering 1v1 with a guildy and i snuck up on him while he was distracted and didnt have a shield spell up.

After that they ran around spamming multi-shot until they got too close for me to escape and i engaged them and died, it was fun. And i carelessly ran into a dude int he fall while showing a new player around in there and tried to kill him before he killed the newbie to no avail but, if im seen before i attack i dont expect to win :p altho a shield/bludgeon deck i use when im not sneaking around works ok, and i do use torpid on that particular deck out of necessity, but still convince myself i dont use any magic. I used to jsut use chaos corruption until they made it where the effects dont proc all the time, but it still works ok with daggers cuz of the rapid attack rate.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I HAVE tried this and actually found a bug with it logn ago that has sicne been fixed! It used to be so OP that you could machine gun off every glyph in your entire deck in seconds.

I have used a swashbuckler cutlass, rare, but they recently at some point finally fixed Spider Venom where its super effective in PvE for defendign yourself by slowign enemy attacks to a crawl, and i find the 2 handed meteoric halberd to deal more sneak attack damage than the swashbuckler cutlas does, along with the added reach when you have to chase soemthing or someone. Sicne i have negative air attunment, even tho im light armor most people do tend to outrun me if they get a stacked dash off.

Which is the reason engage opponent needs work. All it does it close the gapo, nothign more, but specifically in instances where you are chasing somone, the global cooldown on it is so long you dotn have time to use anythign else before they are out of range again

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

if i DO get over it and start usign it itll msot likely be for ransom insurance. But i liek to role play (as myself) and being a bad dude is kidna out of character. Stealing isnt, but its the i need to borrow this kinda stealing mroe than the cha ching! kind

And i like grumpy. I took alot of PvP tips from folks like vespers and para and the antrax guys and stuff over the years, im not turning it down because i think i know more than he does, he deffinately knows more abotu PvP stuff in general than me, Im just not willing to start training a bunch of magic skills to get attunment and having to use 100 buffs before every fight, which is pretty much a staple need-to. Atm i probably use 2 buffs if i have time out of stealth to prepare at all, plus food and potions

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  5. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Holy Smokes, you are correct. Thank you for sharing. :) We all can learn something everyday. I don't consider myself 'better' than anyone and am always willing to listen an learn.

Violet Ronso and Wilfred like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Man... don't get me started...

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

You hold your tounge sir!!
    [​IMG]

JK

8. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

LOL

Cordelayne and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  9. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Looking back over this thread, I realize how the 'percieved tone' of some of my posts may come across to people who aren't necessarily as blunt and direct as I tend to be. I don't usually mince a lot of words.

I just want to take a moment to say to everyone, i'm not ranting, i'm not mad. I appreciate and value each and every one of you.

As I said, I don't consider myself 'better' than anyone. We all put our pants on one leg at a time, we all are human beings with feelings. I may be more experienced or knowledgeable in one area, you are in another. That's why it's so important that we not misunderstand each other and can try to listen to what each other is really trying to say. I'm just as willing to learn from you as I hope you are from me.

After all our back and forth, what I heard from you was, you really enjoy your desired style of play, you really care about the game and seeing that all aspects of it work together and offer any person a viable role to play, and you see what you do in this game as an extension of your own real self. I think that's fabulous. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I want to be in a game that has the variance of creativity, caring, and passion that people like you provide.

What I hope you heard from me was, slow down, air shield isn't really that broken, balance isn't really that broken, and hey, i'm open to help anyone learn in any way that I can. I want everyone to be better at anything and everything they do. My specialties are specific, I can't tell you how to do a lot of other things, but I can surely and willingly help anyone with those that I can.

Peace to everyone, no hard feelings. Live long and prosper SotA

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes! Berserker's Stance gets some fat bonuses now (but it also gets some fat penalties too).

11. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Yeah, I was a little disappointed to see the penalties go up too, haha, no pleasure without pain right? wtf richard?

But, i'll deal with it. Nice to know, thanks again @Arkah EMPstrike , no telling how long I would have missed that since it has always been that way.

12. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Hello Avatar,

I just wanted to jump into this conversation and give my perceptive to it. I only play this game for PVE, I have no interest in PVP at all, therefore I cater my build to work solely for PVE.

You need to know what you want to do in the game, if however I want to do PVP I know that my current build will not work at all with it and I will need to adjust to do PVP. You need to understand what you are doing, you can not just take a PVE build jump into PVP and hope to have any chance, it doesn't work that way.

You will need to change things around in order to do so. Know your strength in PVE and also PVP and be prepared for it. There isn't a one build that covers it all. All you need is to adjust yourself for it.

There is no such thing as OP, OP is what someone whom has not invested enough time an effort into a build to understand what is going on.

When you pump 5 or more Billions in to a Tree and someone looking at you not understanding what you have done, they will think you are OP. It's really stupid mentality to think that way. Until you are willing to invest a lots of time and effort into build you cannot call it OP.

Also with PVP knowledge is vastly important, you can go against someone who is 10 times your experience points and still beat them if you are prepared and know what you are doing. Know you builds strength and know you opponents weakness and you will have the upper hand. Practice goes a long way. Remember most PVP build in this game is compact to achieve their desired results very quickly. Learn and improve on it.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, you think that a 0.0 transfer rate is not OP?

14. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I have 1.2 tick per second as a fire mage without any weapon am I OP?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Jikininki and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Sometimes, although you think your build is no good in PvP, it could actually have great potential with minor adjustments. As an example, most melee builds struggle a lot against archers, pull out a shield, and find a way to force them to move, adding Torpid Torment to your deck. Then, make sure you are fighting in an area with a lot of structures, and make sure you have cover as much as possible, make them come to you, or reach them by using cover to get there.

Its all tactics, sure, exp goes a long way, but tactics is the biggest part of the battle, and many builds will allow this to work for you.

16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Just think about what Barugon asked you. 0.0 transfer rate on air shield means you take 0 damage when hit, 0 damage. The only way to block this is by casting Torpedo Torment, which mobs do not do, this means with the right investment, Air shield users have the potential of going God mode in PVE, literally. No, your 1.2 fire tick is not OP compared to this, because some mobs resist fire, you would probably deal 5 damage every 1.2 seconds on Sara, and guess what, you can actually die if you make a mistake, but an air mage could decide to fight ANYTHING and NEVER die in PvE (please remember this is for PvE not PvP, because in PvP it has an easy counter).

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yea its mostly PvE.

And if azazel was talking about my build being for PvE instead of PvP, my specialties are not up to par with others in PvE OR PvP, part of the reason I havent deviated from them except when i wanted to try bard that one time

18. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

What you guys are experiencing is not OP. What you are experiencing is bad development and testing and that fact that the developer did not think that players will ever manage to pump enough experience into a skill to achieve the result you are seeing now.

There is a reason why the developers choose 100 as GM because as the game was being implemented they did not expect that players would reach that. Now GMing means nothing and is less than baseline now for every player.

The developers increased the XP gain without looking into how that will effect the current skills. Eve Online introduced Titians into the game about 8-10 years ago and they expected that the biggest Alliance in the game will only have 1 or 2 max within that alliance, within 2 years any Corporation could build and own a Titian, fast forward today anyone could own a Titan and Alliances now owns 1000+. Also when a Titian is destroyed it is replaced with such ease.

The Eve Online developers under estimated the player base and are now taking drastic measures to counter the surge of Capitals in the game.

Our own developers needs to learn from this and realise that players are pushing hard and harder each day and they will need to look at each skills to adjust it to cope with the current experience gain. Also AI will need to be smarter like in other game, you cannot have dumb AI that just do simple action to cope with how complex players are.

Our developer may need to tweak the current code base to achieve the desired effect.

With the 1.2 tick per second that I was talking about in PVE it means for me that I could walk though any mob not bosses from t10 and below and within 2 second they die. I do not need to fight anything with my Immolation on I just need to run though them and they die.

Maybe now that developers know that players can achieve 0.0 transfer rate they can adjust it and make the level to achieve that to be higher. I still think it is not OP, the reason I am saying this that not everyone can achieve that, its less than 0.1% of the player base that can do that. They worked for it.

19. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I was just replying to people thinking this and that is OP. I don't believe OP exist, it just they spent time and effort to achieve their desired result. And it is up to the developers to keep up with the players. If you give me 8 Million an hour I will beat that and gain that 8 mill every time I have time to do, so therefore give me something challenging to use my character against.

20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

How is it not overpowered? Usually, something over powered is the result of bad development, and that is why it is then fixed or balanced. What is your definition of OP if that is not it?

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.