1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Frenzy and Pet Food Applied to Other Player's Pet Instead of Yours

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Kyri, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyri

Kyri Avatar

1. Title: Casting Buffs on Other Players' Pets Buffs Other Player Instead
    2. Reproducible? Yes
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Target Pet, cast spell, if another player is in range, you turn toward player and cast buff on that player even though pet is still in target window.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Cast Strength of Earth on a summoned or tamed pet belonging to another player
    This bug got merged but is actually different than then Frenzy/Food Buffs. Even when you target the other players pet, your character will automatically change facing to the pet's owner and buff the other player instead of the pet even though you never targeted the owner and have the pet targeted.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  2. Kyri

Kyri Avatar

1. Title: Frenzy and Pet Food Applied to Other Player's Pet Instead of Yours
    2. Reproducible? Yes
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: If another player's tamed pet is closer to you than your pet, it eats the food and gets your Frenzy instead of your pet
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Group with multiple tamers

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Kyri You need to target your own pet first -- otherwise, if you do not select a target, the game will automatically select the closest available target. I confirmed this with both pet food and frenzy. If you weren't aware, there is a keybind for 'target pet' .. I rebound my Fn keys to have F1 be me, F2 be my pet, and then F3 + for party members.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  4. Kyri

Kyri Avatar

Thanks @Enchondas, that is good to know. I was always targeting an dealing damage to the enemy mob and trying to rebuff my pet mid combat but my friends' pet kept stealing the buff.

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.