Fishing Expedition.....empty

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Belladonna Rose, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Just wondering why we arent having events in the Fishing expedition anymore. I know there is excitement to fish in the POTs and such....but sad that such a beautiful scene gets little to no attention anymore.
    I think the next Livestream or one soon should be held there. That would be fun. Maybe after New Years....the devs can get together and let us have some fun fishing and getting prizes there. Just an idea

Sonja, FrostII, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm sure we can have an event there as well or I can just add it as a 4th category to the weekly fishing contest as a 6th location (3 POTs, Lava, PvP, Fishing Expedition). Nothing holding back anyone else holding events there, however. Perhaps others will nibble as well.

Sonja, FrostII, Sorgin Txakal and 3 others like this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Additional location weekly might be fun and folks can still socialize there and have fun while fishing. Just a thought

FrostII and Aldo like this.
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

You could consider fishing "seasons" when certain trophy fish would be more likely to inhabit the water of fishing expedition: Shark season, swordfish season, tuna season, etc. For example, during shark season maybe get 3x the chance of catching a shark. This would provide incentive for people to fish there. And when you ask town criers about rumors, they can tell you what fishing season is currently at the fishing expedition. Also, holding tournaments there during certain seasons could become a thing, e.g. swordfish derby. For extra credit: have the fishing seasons rotate to a player owned town as well. So, in addition to having 2 POTs where Pacu can be caught, also have a POT where fishing season is active maybe it would last a week and the town would get a 2x catch rate for the trophy fish that occur in the type of water that is in the town). This way, there could be seasons for all types of water (not just salt water). Also, if the governor could get a warning of when his town will be in season (say 2 weeks ahead of time), the town owner can arrange a fishing derby in his town during the "in season" fishing interval.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Sonja and jrs99 like this.
  5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I've actually been hoping that the weekly fishing contests would get a break soon so I could plan a little side contest there. Ironically the fishing expedition was my favorite scene until I discovered the weekly fishing contests, now I rarely go there anymore as I feel when I am fishing it should be in a POT that is up.

Lame excuse, I know, but an honest one.

Just a thought, but perhaps there could be a longer term side contest for the small gold and bronze fishing trophies? Maybe whoever has the biggest catch in Fishing Expedition over the past 30 days the last Friday of every month and a rotation of NPC cities for the same 30 day contest?

This won't be as big of a burden administratively as doing it every week while driving an interesting dynamic since the contests won't all be in sync.

Conversely, as a petty player complaint, it would be nice if we could see the Leaderboards expanded to include location so it will be easier to administrate contests based on it, especially since we can't put down chests in the fishing expedition or other adventure scenes we might want to base a contest around.

Sonja and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.