Deed Upgrade Sale?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Warpig2, Dec 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpig2

Warpig2 Avatar

I purchased roughly 31,000 COTO so as to take advantage of the advertised (through the message of the day) 25% deed upgrade sale. The goal was to upgrade a place anywhere (PA) Village Lot Deed I already owned to a PA City Lot Deed.

Keep in mind a new PA City Lot Deed is priced at 31,425 COTO. Based on the sale, and the inherent cost of the PA Village Lot Deed I was starting with, I was expecting the total upgrade cost to be in the neighborhood of 23,000 to maybe 25,000 COTO. I guess I was naïve...

To upgrade my original PA Village Lot Deed to a PA Town Lot Deed cost me 7,500 COTO. That seemed rather high but I expected the second upgrade to a PA City Lot Deed to cost me around another 15,000-17,000 COTO. Unfortunately, I couldn't find that out until after I did the first upgrade. Much to my dismay, when I tried to upgrade the PA Town Lot Deed to a PA City Lot Deed, I found the cost to be 24,000 COTO. That puts my total upgrade cost higher than the cost of a new deed, and that's with a 25% upgrade sale? Not to mention the total loss of the value of my original PA Village Lot Deed.

So, is upgrading supposed to be cheaper than just buying upper tier deeds outright? This doesn't seem to add up to me. If this is the case then I'd rather just have my original PA Village Lot Deed back and then I'll buy the PA City Lot Deed separately. Right now I'm sitting on a PA Town Lot Deed and not enough COTO to buy the PA City Lot Deed which was my original goal. Nor do I want to go forward with the second upgrade and spend more overall plus lose the value of my original PA Village Lot Deed.

How do I go about contacting customer service to talk to someone about this?

Thanks in advance!

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Contact @Elgarion . He can advise. I'm sorry that didn't work out well for you. It is wonderful support for the game and it should have been a better experience. Some things do not add up and that should be mentioned and fixed for the future so players have better experiences going forward.

If you read my signature I do feel people remember in the long run by how they are made to feel.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Warpig2 and Elgarion like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks Majoria for helping him out :)

Warpig2 -- we see your email there. We'll have to play around with the upgrades for a bit on our client to reproduce the path you took and compare with what should be non-sale prices. Either way, we'll make sure we get it gets sorted out or get your deed reverted back to its original form with a COTO refund. We'll continue correspondence with you via email :)

4. Warpig2

Warpig2 Avatar

Thank you Majoria and Elgarion!

Elgarion, Lord Aventine and majoria70 like this.
  5. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am glad @Warpig2 will get his issue resolved. This has been an issue for a long time. I looked at upgrading my tax free place-anywhere village deed to a city size deed (both during and not during upgrade and deed sales), and it was always far cheaper to just buy a new city lot than to upgrade. Ultimately I decided not to purchase anything because I was not confident I would get the advertised sale price (because of the pricing inconsistency).
    Also, i think a lot of the prices are outdated (e.g. the recent price reduction requested by a player for the "New You" shop). If this is not done already, I think it would be a good idea for catnip to review the prices of all purchasable items and upgrade paths and to adjust/update/correct the prices, and then review the prices once or twice a year.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Wilfred, Dollar Bill and Elgarion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.