1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Novia overland Bridges - “hitbox”

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Gadfrey Zukes, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

One thing that has become a bit frustrating simce mounts appeared is navigating over bridges on the overland map.

I’m not sure how much work it would take, but if the hitboxes around the bridge openings could be widened so they funnel the palyers onto the bridge a bit smoother, it would save me cursing as I once again jam myself between the outside of the bridge and the river’s edge, having to turn around and re-aim to hit that sweet spot to cross the bridge.

It’s a minor frustration, but it happens often enough that I could see a new player raging over it.

This is coming from a person who loves the adventure scene “trip-ups” like webs, roots and debris that can sometimes kill you during heated combat if you are not careful. I just don’t think we need them on the overland map :)

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Gadfrey Zukes , thanks for the feedback! Each overworld bridge is it's own unique situation, so we can't apply a simple fix for all situations. I know this sounds tedius, but we'd need a specific bug report with clear details for each bridge situation (or at least each bridge type) in order to look into addressing them.

That being said, did a quick check and saw a couple of bridges on Novia that would have cleaner ways to cross them (including the rope on rope bridges not blocking movement) and will be submitting those fixes for next release.

3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

#kudos for Sannio's forum avatar! #rockinawesome

4. Sannio

Thanks! It's my own Fisher Price toy from when I was a kid. (I took the photo.) Glad you like him!

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Wait, that's a toy? I had some sinister nightmare vision in mind.

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Sannio

Why can't it be both?

Elgarion, Anpu, Aldo and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.