Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I hope you get a response from the governor. When we get new Residents in Wizards Rest I send a welcome letter to them. I do check in most days so I don't miss anyone. There are some towns who might do events or role playing if you are interested just ask on here to see what towns do. Im sure if you send a mail message that will be best unless the governor is not active in the game at the moment. Good luck to you.

Wilfred and FrostII like this.
  2. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

41. What AOE effects are used post-AL 60+ or 100+? I used to like Immolation against mobs before I gave up fire magic altogether after being sick of the 85% fizzle chance.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I wear a Chain Chest and the rest all cloth armor. I can cast most anything without too much fizzle.

FrostII likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Like Anpu said.... get out of the plate and into chain, and you won't fizzle on fire. :)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

So to answer your question, the Main AoE damages are :

The fire tree : Ring of Fire, Immolation, Fireball
    Meteor Shower
    Banish Undead
    Solar Flare
    Earthquake
    Death Field

Spinning attack
    Whirling blades
    Ground Pound
    Multishot

Now all of these are good, although the Fire and Moon ones are persistent (they stay up for a little while) meanwhile all the others deal their damage on cast. Obviously, any magic related ones can be very hard to cast in plate armor, so if you want to use those, you will need to transition into a chainmail + cloth approach, but also invest into magical equipment (wands/staves, gem socketed rings and necklace for your specific attunement type). All the physical weapon ones are great as well but will not be persistent, so will require more focus, and a slightly different approach.

Also, for Ice field, it deals under 10 damage once every 2 minutes or so, so if anyone (or yourself) want to make you think that Ice Field is an AoE with damage, ignore them.

Ohh, you also have Caltrops and explosive potions!

FrostII likes this.
  6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

42. Has the Aldorn quest been fixed in Highvale so that the amulet drops in Highvale like it's supposed to?

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you have the quest to find his necklace?

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I have "Find Information about Aldorn" or whatever the exact text is from the seneschal. When I couldn't find anything after a few minutes I Googled it and found some threads from the 2016-2018 timeframe that the amulet popped up in locations outside of Highvale and others were killing Highvale elves for several hours without getting it to drop. I just wanted to see if there was a good chance it would actually drop in Highvale before deciding whether or not to make a pit stop there on my way to completing the Truth quest. Hope that made sense. Thanks as always for the reply.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Usually all quests should be working nowadays, Sannio is usually on top of anything quest related, and players like Anpu discover and report everything they can find about those specific bugs. Ignore quest threads from before 2019, try it out yourself, and report it in the bugs section if you do find something wrong, as either it will be something missed that can be fixed quickly thanks to a report, or Anpu will have the solution for you!

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I do recall finding the amulet from the elves in Highvale. I haven’t actually tried that quest in a very long time. It was working fine for me last time. I will however go check this now with one of my test characters.....

Typically people think a quest isn’t working because of the absolutely terrible RNG in this game..... you probably just didn’t kill enough elves in Highvale....

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

First and foremost, DO NOT READ OLD AND OUTDATED INFORMATION. If you continue to read old and outdated (and most of the times completely wrong) threads with information you will have lot's of problems.

What should you do instead? Ask us! Ask me! Or actually read the information in the journal. Like here is all the information about the Find Aldorn's Amulet quest:

[​IMG]

The mouse and hover-over specifically states to go to Highvale. So you probably need to go to the scene specifically called Highvale to complete this quest.
    You then need to keep killing elves until you see this:

[​IMG]

Is this quest working correctly? Yes. Is all the in game information on this quest working correctly? Yes. You will of course have to know to kill the Elves to find this item..... ;)

Again, I cannot stress enough stop reading old and incorrect information. Press the j key and actually read the journal entries.

Wilfred and Violet Ronso like this.
  12. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I actually enjoyed all 3 of the optional questions from the Hall of Valor, and they all gave a SUBSTANTIAL reward. I would have never found Cyrilus without Googling the solution - I thought that thug standing between those 2 trees was just afraid of the Level 70 killing machine turning his compadres into confetti LOL! By the way, now that I know it's working the amulet appeared on the 4th dead elf I found (2 of them I didn't even kill myself LOL).

Edit: To be honest, by now I pretty much just ignore the monsters in those low-level scenes. They can't hurt me. But it certainly didn't hurt to be reminded that they occasionally carry random items, something I should have remembered from basically all 3 Outskirts scenes LOL!

Wilfred, Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
  13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

43. Are there any tricks to healing that I'm missing? I have Healing Touch and Healing Ray levelled up to around 60 but they are still really only healing 30 to 50 HP per cast. I get that you can charge them up but that still doesn't go very high. When I played offline Fiona used to cast healing spell that was as strong as a healing potion. I know there are food buffs and spells like Soothing Rain and others that gradually heal over time, but other than a healing potion I don't see a way to heal 100 or 200 hit points or more in one shot. I guess now that I think about it there's also the Potion of Restoration that can be created at an alchemy station, and a potion of greater healing. If I go into a battle where I know I'm going to get pounded on and will need to heal frequently, is there anything better to do than have toolbar slots reserved for a healing potion *and* healing potion (greater) *and* potion of restoration for example (so that if I need to heal twice before the cooldown period expires I have more than one option)?

Arguably the clearest, most well-worded question I've ever asked!

14. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Like any other magic tree really - get attunement by levelling other skills in the tree as well as the ones you use, life magic based on Int.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Like Scanphor said, get your Life attunement up. By getting 10 different skills from the Life tree up, and their average will be your attunement. Bringing your attunement up high enough (100+) will allow you to heal for 130+ per healing touch and ray.

There is also Imbued Potions (Healing, Focus and Restoration) which are much stronger than greater versions, and will allow you more healing as well.

Ohh, and Life Specialization is always a great choice, probably the only ones who can't benefit from it are death mages, and the life specialization will allow you to now only heal for much more, but also heal much faster as the healing spells will not affect your global cooldown as much

Scanphor likes this.
  16. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Changed loads at first but been settled on fire / life as my pair for a while now

Violet Ronso likes this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also items imbued with gemstones to improve healing like chest piece and weapon. I also always use food and devotionals before going out and don't forget to use defensive skills. I use glancing blow continuously. I keep it locked. I have specialized in bludgeons and life to be more paladin like or a healer if I'm in a group sometimes. I always wear chain for less fizzle. I also use my water elemental quite often for some extra heals especially when alone in more dangerous areas. You have to utilize the options available to you. We have resist potions also. I've had good luck with them sometimes. I find it interesting to work it all out.

Wilfred likes this.
  18. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I use water elemental + greater and imbued health potions. It works just fine and I don't waste my time with healing spells.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  19. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

44. In Owl's Head, when I played offline there was a quest to go to Owl's Nest to rescue one of the guards - I forget the guard's name. I could swear I got the quest from Wycliffe in the tavern across from the crafting tables, but now that I'm playing online I'm not getting ANY quests that send to Owl's Nest at all. What am I missing?

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I believe quests are in Braemar.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.