Ideas on what to do with a PoT?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macnlos, Jan 2, 2021.

?

How should I get rid of this PoT?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2021.
  1. Raffle - small money for a ticket (something like that).

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. Giveaway - no money for a ticket (just participate).

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Sell - put it up for sale.

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. Trade - trade it for something equally useless (i.e. a lot somewhere cool)

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Contest - make people do something silly and then randomly declare a winner.

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Keep it silly fool because one day it will be worth 1000s (... of pennies)!

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

myself I am sitting on a spare pot that I use as an idea playground, that said I am waiting for pvp flags and score keeping so that I could turn mine into a CTF game. that or waiting on the new templates so I can have my floating city in the sky :)

2. shadowvice

shadowvice Avatar

Ultimately, I think it still depends on what you are trying to get out of it. If I had the cash at the release, I would have gladly put money into owning my town from the beginning. I have one now and I have enjoyed the little bit of time I have doing with it what I can. If you're not interested in the game any more, getting rid of it is a solid choice. Yet if you feel you are taking a break... keep it. You might be glad you did.
    I chose raffle because maybe you could use a raffle and donate the money collected for something good so you can feel good about your purchase AND you letting it go.

Just my .0002 cents

3. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Oh, for the most part I'm done with this game. The direction is wrong. The progress made is no where near where it should be. And there is zero faith/belief that Chris has the desire/ability to take this where it needs to go to be successful. That said, I want to put this into someone's hands that wants to use it and likes to play this game.

4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Same here.
    LotM with a Municipality, a Town and many Lot Deeds in all sizes. I havent sold anything yet and will probably never do.
    I thought about giving the Steward rights to someone, but there is no one left who earned my trust.
    (My Castle and Keeps are decorated with large Dungeons and I dont want to login some day and the Lots are trashed in my Bank.)
    The bottom line is, that both PoTs will be ghost towns in the near future, like most other cities and no one cares.
    But some day SotA will rise and ... :rolleyes: but by then I will probably be ready with the development of my own game that I have no longer any interest in SotA.

arcdevil, Greyfox and Cordelayne like this.
  5. CICI

CICI Avatar

Steward cant kick the gov out of his own town! in less you use alts to place the deeds

Anpu and Senash Kasigal like this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Sell it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  7. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Well... this was a non-illuminaing poll...

8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

38 total votes, general poll with the possibility of FREE STUFF, front page for over a week, illuminates plenty.

arcdevil and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings macnlos
    Your OP was "What to do with a POT". I suggested a couple of things but all would benefit from you staying involved in the game which a lot of us want. I agree there should have been a lot more ideas especially with the opportunity of receiving a free POT. This could be because people did not believe you would actually give away an expensive POT. It also could have been uninterested or non-creative players. I personally believe you should take a break and give someone steward privileges to someone you trust. Then you could come back and see what happens. What ever you decide I wish you luck in your adventures.

My last suggestion on "What to do with a POT (you no longer want)" would be to have Portnip sponsor an auction to accept donations to fund the game and one of the rewards of the auction could be a unique title of "Friend of MACNLOS".

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I had an idea for a Holdfast at one point, which would basically be used to honor an important group. I just couldn't ever afford the town, and now all the conversationalists that I'd populate it with. But if you come up with some cool idea of how to distribute it, I'd love to hear!

11. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Take a break? I've been on a break for nearly two years. There is no magic moment coming, the trajectory of this game and my interest in it is downward. As far as the last suggestion.. There is no way I'm going to support/enable more of peoples good money to feed this company. I would rather do nothing or just give it to someone.

arcdevil and Cordelayne like this.
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

If you're not trying to recoup your investment in any way, I'd suggest put it on offer for folks who submit a little text on what they'd do with it. I know for a very long time, before they added the ability to buy POTs again, I was desperate for one and there just wasn't any way to get ahold of one other than doing the third party market routine, and everyone was trying to get back what they paid for it. I can think of a handful of people who'd likely do wonders with a town of their own but who either aren't able or aren't willing to make the financial investment, even with POTs being a lot cheaper than they once were. Then pick the most amusing/funny/deserving option from those submissions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.