1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[No Response] DIG IN left me stuck and unable to move in any direction

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Waldo Ptolomy, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Used DIG IN and I could not move in any direction, I clicked on the buff and canceled it and still could not move. Finally logged of after I was being attacked since I could do nothing.

01/04/2021 22:22
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Intermittent
    Blocker? Yes my character is frozen in place, and can't use any skills I am helpless when attacked. I need to log out to get my character responsive again when it happens
    Details: used Shield skill dig in and my character is essentially frozen in place and can't use skills or get it to cancel its effects.
    Steps to Reproduce: Not Sure Yet what triggers it, it may be mining immediately before
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz (8) System RAM: 32724
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.1331.Date.01.02.21
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-112.7, -14.9, -157.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC0xMTIuNzExLCAtMTQuOTA3LCAtMTU3LjIxMSl8KDAsIDAuMDYsIDAsIDAuOTk4KXwtMjA2LjgyNjl8MzkuOTR8My4xOTM3NjM=

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What is DIGIN?

3. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

It is a shield skill, usually it is cancelled by backwards movement for me. I should have indicated it was called Dig In not DIGIN, issue above is updated. I have noticed that It occurred 3 more times and a number of times that did not freeze my character up. The last time I noticed that it happened immediately after mining a node of Iron, not sure if that is relevant or not.

I again got it to lock up immediately after mining and collecting the ore in the dialog box. had to log and trying again. mined more nodes and Dig In did not trigger a lockup, then I was really close to the wall and mined a node and it locked up. Logged again, Not sure if it is dependent on the node, or my position relative to the node, and wall. Will experiment more, need to test more times to see what it produces, I have to log between tries once it locks up.

Ok I found this same node and near position in Spectral Mines, up against the wall when harvesting iron after getting the ore from the dialog box then I do a Dig in and get locked up.
    here is the position I was in last when it locked up.

The following has been added to your system clipboard for convenience in pasting:
    [1/5/2021 3:26:11 PM] [3:26 PM] Area: Spectral Mines (Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines) Loc: (-99.445, -14.905, -148.762).

this mining this node, getting the ore and selecting Dig In ends up with my character unable to move, unable to activate any skills, and the only way out is to log out. If you desire I can capture a video of this and post on Youtube, once my streaming PC is back from the shop and completely re-setup for streaming and steam etc.. my be a few days. Let me know if you need that and I will work on it.
    Waldo Ptolomy

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Waldo Ptolomy Trying to repro this - no luck so far.. was it in Spectral Mines at the location in the /bug report info above? What kind of gear masterworks/enchantments, etc were you using and what kind of buffs and food? Are you shield spec?

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

archived after receiving no response to a request for further information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.