1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Scripted events

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Xee, Dec 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

would love to see away to record an event in pot with GM potions, then later be able to load one up with monster predetermined locations based on placement, and or options to save summon spawners once every thing is setup.

Thinking of things that could be triggered. ideally end game would be a Lua event system where you could click load pre programmed events for towns. or perhaps have a pay option where they pay for someone to design. maybe one day lol. with inky it could be done using npc scripting to trigger spawners. perhaps a pot spawner that has menu with set group number. than use trigger word (event) to spawn group number. where number in inky could be random allowing for 2nd variable on how to set number or creatures to spawn. if there was away to pass variables where the person interacts with npc and npc can use a get data or variable to get level information I may have to look up but I think inky could than use that to set level of creature or perhaps use that to determine how many to summon. all based on database information / flags.

just some ideas @Elgarion @Chris

There are a lot of ways to use this idea.

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Neat idea -- I linked to the team :)

Caernarvon and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

right now as it stands Inky has no way to remember anything. If every npc has a uid then you could use that to look up in a DB a table with store variables per each player characters uid. This would allow each interaction to store each response and or set flags based on conversation paths. That way you could create a lot of interesting content. as well make it so that you can have npc's that like or dislike you because of the flagged outcomes. that could connect in with the above stuff. It also fits in with emotes, and ability later to offer aggressive , passive options allowing npc's so they could attack.

example:

Guard: be on your way!
    your options 1. ignore the guard. 2. take leave
    if 1 than guard responds "still here? very well let me knock sense into you" flags aggressive.
    2. you leave before the guard gets mad.

You also could take it another level if they can flag aggressive it means you have hp. you can then open up inky logic loops for getting status of health if health <=50 than flag passive guard response " my god you are a strong one... well you be off anyways I have better things to do."

Guard than is flagged with new var for scared = 1 which flags it so when you talk to him guard does not want any trouble etc..

This is my dream :) I got spoiled with Landmark until that silly company bought it all up and buried it. Made me sad. level designer / full event scripting system for player. one day ;)

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

+1

Wilfred and Xee like this.
  5. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

@Xee omg yes that would be so great to have that level of control. I miss Landmark too. Although I think I preferred the beta to the live version.

Xee and Caernarvon like this.
  6. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

Another Landmark fan here, loved it. Still gutted it bit the dust and all that shenanigans that went down with EQN too. A huge gap left in the market for another Landmark style game that I'm amazed no developers / published have cottoned on to.

Did you ever see the city that was built at the end of Alpha before they made the tweaks with distance between lot claims? It was mindblowing, though a complete lagfest, I'm surprised my PC didn't explode.

Xee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.